It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender Issues Finally Gain Recognition On Capitol Hill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

“Gender dysphoria”…mmm… I have no doubt that if it is a mental condition it can be effectively treated with one or a combination of the following therapies:

1. Medication.
2. Psychotherapy.
3. Group therapy.
4. Day treatment or partial hospital treatment.
5. Specific therapies, such as cognitive-behavior therapy and behavior modification.

If it is hormonal it can also be treated medically/scientifically with the appropriate drugs. It continuation of the Human Race depends on the discouragement of behaviors which are detrimental to the survival of the species.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Good to know that with all the huge problems in the world right now our elected officials are worried about where people can take a dookie. This is infuriating that this is what they spend their time worrying about.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

Do not forget that all species have deviants, that doesn't mean that we are going to be extinct is just that is part of nature.

Is ok to be different.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: toktaylor

“Gender dysphoria”…mmm… I have no doubt that if it is a mental condition it can be effectively treated with one or a combination of the following therapies:

1. Medication.
2. Psychotherapy.
3. Group therapy.
4. Day treatment or partial hospital treatment.
5. Specific therapies, such as cognitive-behavior therapy and behavior modification.

If it is hormonal it can also be treated medically/scientifically with the appropriate drugs. It continuation of the Human Race depends on the discouragement of behaviors which are detrimental to the survival of the species.

Umm? Sorry, no. May I suggest a little reading to help your understanding?

Please have a look at some of the research on this page

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Were the 21 people killed targeted for being transgender or were they prostitutes and this is a line of duty situation being spun for other reasons?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

edit on 17-11-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Were the 21 people killed targeted for being transgender or were they prostitutes and this is a line of duty situation being spun for other reasons?

Line of duty? What are you insinuating? Spit it out.
edit on 17-11-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

That sex workers are often victims of violence I think, which of course doesn't excuse it. I believe I read that 1/2 of these women were sex workers.
edit on 1720151120151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This whole "Bathroom Gate" is fear mongering tactics to take away from Equal Protections, if you vote for GLBTQ+ Protections your child is going to get attacked in a Bathroom by a man pretending to be Trans.

if you vote for GLBTQ+ protections than your child is going to get Molested by Gay men to turn them Gay

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: reldra

That sex workers are often victims of violence I think, which of course doesn't excuse it. I believe I read that 1/2 of these women were sex workers.

Unfortunately, a disproportionate segment of this demographic takes up this form of work out of sheer necessity for survival. Rejection, discrimination and homelessness is all too common in the transgender "community", particularly among trans youth lacking support or facing rejection from family.

Laws preventing discrimination in housing and employment could help this situation and it is a good sign that these issues are being looked at in Washington.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Good to know that with all the huge problems in the world right now our elected officials are worried about where people can take a dookie. This is infuriating that this is what they spend their time worrying about.

Thank you!

Maybe this is a chance to end the partisan bickering and work out a compromise. Transgender people can use whatever restroom they choose, and get special hate crime protection status. In return, we abolish the NDAA, audit the Federal Reserve Bank, and audit Ft. Knox. We'll even throw in a Congressional pay raise.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Another_Nut

a reply to: marg6043

Why is going to the bathroom with a transgender person disconcerting for you? Do the bathrooms you enter not have stalls to give you privacy or something?

What about, as the article mentions, the fact that transgender people are largely unsafe in these bathrooms?
i think it's a joke

1.if a man can pass as a lady then why even announce that you are a man using a lady's restroom. Noone will know. There are only stalls and everyone pees sitting down.

Come on. Let's be real here, unless the person has completely finished transitioning, you can totally tell the gender they used to be. Heck even for people who have finished transitioning, you can still tell if you know what to look for. No one needs to announce it to make it known to everyone.

2. If you are a lady dressing as a man you will use the lady's room because you will have to sit to pee and noone wants to do this in a man's restroom

You do know that they have attachment devices that allow women to pee standing up right?

So really it's a non issues except for those that want to announce their gender then go into the opposing genders restroom and how exactly is a bathroom not safe for someone?

Except no, it is a very REAL issue.

hahahaha
1. lets be real . lots of men pass for females. stop trying to make an issue

2. and do they usually have those devices? and if you put them in a mens restroom how do you think that will look?
again you are just being silly

3. its only an issue because people like you have to make it one. you dont. get over it

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Another_Nut

a reply to: marg6043

Why is going to the bathroom with a transgender person disconcerting for you? Do the bathrooms you enter not have stalls to give you privacy or something?

What about, as the article mentions, the fact that transgender people are largely unsafe in these bathrooms?
i think it's a joke

1.if a man can pass as a lady then why even announce that you are a man using a lady's restroom. Noone will know. There are only stalls and everyone pees sitting down.
2. If you are a lady dressing as a man you will use the lady's room because you will have to sit to pee and noone wants to do this in a man's restroom

So really it's a non issues except for those that want to announce their gender then go into the opposing genders restroom and how exactly is a bathroom not safe for someone?

Umm, use a seat cover (or cover the seat with TP)? Not all men's bathrooms are just urinals. Men need stalls as well, for obvious reasons. They must sit sometimes, too.

ok well i take it you have never used a mens restroom

lets say a normal mens restroom has 2 urinals and 1-2 stalls. what do you think happens when 3 guys need to pee? my god mens restrooms are filth.

they are im sorry . men are so retarded about it that they will stand 3 feet from the toliet/ urinal just so they dont step in urine on the floor.
edit on pm1120153005America/ChicagoTue, 17 Nov 2015 17:20:20 -0600_11000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Thank you!

Maybe this is a chance to end the partisan bickering and work out a compromise. Transgender people can use whatever restroom they choose, and get special hate crime protection status. In return, we abolish the NDAA, audit the Federal Reserve Bank, and audit Ft. Knox. We'll even throw in a Congressional pay raise.

I really hate these STUPID - - "Your personal issue doesn't measure up to a World Event".

Let's destroy your personal home with everything in it. No biggie. Doesn't matter. Your nobody.

Who the hell cares. Not important.

And, then, of course your neighbors and family don't want anything to do with you any more because someone has decided its all your fault.
edit on 17-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Yeah I imagine it must be terribly hard for some of these folks to find much else. Lose support of family, have trouble getting a job, dealing with depression and a host of other things including addiction and there aren't a ton of options out there.

Laws preventing discrimination in housing and employment could help this situation and it is a good sign that these issues are being looked at in Washington.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
They can just commit mass suicide, or move to the moon.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaskad

Apparently, they let people who wish death upon an entire minority demographic use public restrooms.

If I heard anybody say that, I would not let my child near them. Your words are words of a bad person, devoid of sufficient human compassion.

And yet, I do not wish you to kill yourself.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Far bigger issues going on that affect everyone regardless, but this is the major focus? Yay?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yes, just last week I was thinking ... 'why don't they hurry up and vote on that law that will immediately cause world peace and money to rain from the skies.'

You know what puts the fear of God into ISIS / ISIL / Daesh? Voting. They hate it. That's all we need to solve that problem: a ritual where Bernie Sanders carries Ron Paul on his shoulders while he screams 'the power of Congress compels you!' and hurls discount footwear at passersby.

I guess the question is what should your elected officials actually be doing? Perhaps abolishing all legislation concerns regarding traffic for starters because if a trans person visiting the bathtub with a toaster isn't important who gives a poop if I double park on a 45 degree angle?

We could always get them to vote on science again, but quite frankly I'd rather distribute coloring books and sing hymns than see America go down that road again.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kaskad

Excuse me? you can't be saying that GLBTQ+ people should just commit Mass suicide...

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaskad

This was sarcasm, right? RIGHT?

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Far bigger issues going on that affect everyone regardless, but this is the major focus? Yay?

Major focus? It is a house task force that "had been in the works for months". At an afternoon congressional forum, they heard a dozen speakers. Yay! Token acknowledgement transgender people actually exist!

Now I'm sure they're back to spinning their wheels talking about those "bigger issues" so rest assured the world is safe and if not, they'll make it so tomorrow. Or maybe the next day?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join