It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred And Bigotry Run Amok On Facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

And here are those evil Muslims you want to destroy.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

In the case of refugees, it's not hatred, but common sense.

I don't want them in until we can figure out which ones are the refugees and which ones are using them like a Trojan horse, and if you don't think that's happening, you didn't pay attention to France.

When the possible cost of benefit of the doubt is over 100 random folks dead, the benefit of the doubt is a bit costly.

edit on 17-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

And then there is your own stereotyping showing.

Not all of the refugees are Muslims.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

When the possible cost of benefit of the doubt is over 100 random folks dead, the benefit of the doubt is a bit costly.

This same argument could also be used for banning guns, no? We can't give anyone the benefit of the doubt that they won't shoot up innocent people, so let's ban guns for everyone until we can determine who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. Right?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I thought America was home of the brave. Not seeing much evidence of that, seems like there's a bunch of cowards out there letting a terrorist attack dictate their every decision, mean while driving and living unhealthy lifestyles. Risk assessment people.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And then there is your own stereotyping showing.

Not all of the refugees are Muslims.

Then why fear them? Also the two boys pictured are obviously identifying with Islam.
edit on 17-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I thought America was home of the brave. Not seeing much evidence of that, seems like there's a bunch of cowards out there letting a terrorist attack dictate their every decision, mean while driving and living unhealthy lifestyles. Risk assessment people.

Exactly. Was thinking the exact same thing. Seems to me fear is rampant amongst these supposed brave westerners.
edit on 17-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
But lets ignore the blm with #fparis hashtag immediately after... Because they're not white.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Exactly. Was thinking the exact same thing. Seems to me fear is rampant amongst these supposed brave westerners.

Yeah, you're right. I should stop fearing death by snakebite. I think today I'm going to take in a poor, homeless cobra. I'm sure it'll be fine.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The people I know offline that are full of fear and anger, the ones who want to ban refuges are also the ones who all carry concealed weapons. It makes me wonder what they're so afraid of?

It wasn't more than a month or two ago they were screaming at everyone about how they NEEDED their gun to feel safe, and now with it -- they're suddenly seeing terrorists behind every tree. I find it a bit weird.
edit on 17-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The people I know who make comments like this are also the first ones to start screaming for new laws to keep them safe anytime something that kills a bunch of people comes along.

From my perspective, you are no less fearful than anyone else, you just don't want to get your hands dirty taking responsibility for your own sense of security.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If there is any credibility to the issue of ISIS with the Syrian refugees, then why are we still allowing illegal aliens a free pass when they come across the border?

If ISIS had any sense, they'd learn Spanish and come that way.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If there is any credibility to the issue of ISIS with the Syrian refugees, then why are we still allowing illegal aliens a free pass when they come across the border?

If ISIS had any sense, they'd learn Spanish and come that way.

I'm guessing they already have, and there have been reports over the years ... If you keep your ear to the ground, they're out there.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
See, my perspective on it is this:

I don't honestly care who they are or what they believe so long as we can be sure they are not ISIS members using the guise of refugee to gain admittance to this country.

We know they will do this if they can.

We also know that several of our high-ranking security officials have acknowledged that we have no sure way to vet these refugees at present.

Given those two facts, prudence and common sense dictate that we put the brakes on the entire process until we can come up with a secure vetting process that's going to catch far more than it misses, not one that our own high ranking officials don't trust.

Because once the refugees are here, they're here for better or worse, and as France has shown - worse is quite costly. And we only have to be wrong once for us to suffer worse.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not afraid of "terrorists", nor am I afraid of my neighbors and friends with guns. I absolutely will not trade my freedom for some false sense of security.

I find it ironic that people need guns to feel "safe" -- but even with them they are some how now not safe. These are the people IMO that are willing to undermine the founding principles of this country for their own ends.

It's OK to not budge on the 2nd amendment, but making Islam illegal and denying refugees due to fear and not facts? So it's OK to uphold part of the Constitution because it suits them, but when the legal status of Islam becomes and issue -- well, darn it...that's gotta go!

A survey last week from Public Policy Polling found that 40 percent of Republican voters in North Carolina believe the practice of Islam should be made illegal.

Only 40 percent of GOP voters believe Islam should definitely be legal, and the other 20 percent said they weren’t sure.

Washington Times

"Keep the second! Amend the 1st! (for Muslims)" is what I have been witnessing in my own life on and offline. We now have the head of the CIA saying we have been hampered by Snowden's leaks and we need to spy on people more to catch these terrorists.

I made everyone a little meme earlier, I think I'll keep it around:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

People are being mass murdered on a pretty regular basis by the hatred and bigotry of Islamic extremists, but left wingers seem way more concerned with perceived bigotry against Islam in the form of words online.
edit on 17-11-2015 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
And for the sake of sanity and perspective people:

Non-refugees have carried out all foreign terrorist attacks over the past 35 years. That means they used other means to arrive in the United States. All of the 9/11 hijackers used student or tourist visas. These visas are much easier and faster to obtain than refugee status, which takes up to two years and requires a multi-stage vetting process and UN referral. Refugee status is the single most difficult way to come to the United States. It makes no sense for a terrorist to try to use the resettlement process for an attack.

ISIS doesn't even want them!

According to ISIS, Syrian Muslim refugees are traitors to the radical Islamic cause. “It is correct for Muslims to leave the lands of the infidel for the lands of Islam, but not vice versa,” one ISIS video said in September. Here are several other examples of similar condemnation from this year.

fee.org

There's no logical, sane, rational reason to be so fearful right now. This is beyond ludicrous. Have we not learned anything from 9/11? Do we not remember our emotions being hijacked themselves to further agendas of those seeing to enrich themselves through war?

Have we forgotten what happens when we trade our sanity and moral courage for fear, listening instead to the man with the megaphone telling us who the enemy is and which culture is more righteous?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So now you launch into hyperbole?

You understand that such a thing is only so much scaremongering red meat for you? You accuse the right of throwing that out with the gun grabbing mantra all the time, but then launch into it yourself with the whole religion boogeyman.

As for fear ... Uh-huh whatever makes you sleep at night.

Btw, I don't even own one. I just think people have the right to if they want.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No but thats no reason not to be cautious.

Opening your borders like germany and sweden is reckless and dumb.

I prefer my own countrys response of only letting those in we can vet and with women and children first.

Also supporting the refugee camps over in Lebanon.

It called balance.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Nope I'm comparing two different dangerous animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join