It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred And Bigotry Run Amok On Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not sure you read what I posted? Refugees undergo extremely stringent entry requirements -- harder than getting a student visa (which is what past terrorists have done).

Our refugee process is not the same as European countries.

If someone wanted to sneak a trojan horse terrorist into the USA -- there are far easier ways.
edit on 17-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Fair enough but I think people are scared Obama will go full retard like those European states.

Lets be fair here, your government doesn't really endear alot of trust now does it?

If I was American i dont think i could trust the fedral government in handling kittens and puppies let alone such a delicate situation as this.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucifershiningone
Hatred And Bigotry Run Amok On Facebook

good god, whoever was the genius behind

"no one thinks that the KKK are representative of christians, so why do so many think that these people (muslim extremists) are representative of muslims?"

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I fail to see where I brought up a "religious boogyman"?

The facts:

1. Gun right advocates constantly are reaffirming the 2nd amendment, stating they need to carry guns to feel "safe"

2. 40% of GOP supporters in a state supported making an entire religion illegal

3. The same gun advocates who claim guns are to protect and keep them safe are claiming they are not safe from refugees

So, what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander? It's OK to uphold the 2nd, but not the 1st when its something you ideologically disagree with? This piecemeal picking and choosing has to end.

I don't understand why these people with guns don't feel safe, they certainly pushed hard to have them.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The thing is, if people studied history (going back at least 100 years) -- you'd see that the entire ME problem is the creation of England, France and United States. The West has systematically played chess with the ME people, carving it up and installing puppet dictators -- ignoring or even arming militant groups. We've fostered sectarian violence , anarchy, and allowed a repressive culture to flourish. And today, when it our little creation comes home to roost? Oh, well that's not our problem anymore.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Which is just another reason I cant blame the average American in trusting the fedral government in handling anything as everything they touch turns to #.
edit on 17-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness
On the flip side you have liberals' prejudice and bigotry against anything white. Whatta ya gonna do?

I'm white. I'm catholic.

No one that is white or catholic is under persecution in any way.

They are upset because they can't handle that for one, society is trying to make it equal. Instead of 99 percent white favor-ability, it may be down to something like 80 percent. And the bigots can't handle it.

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Is it hatred and bigotry OP, or is it the 1st amendment that bugs you?

posted on Nov, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Fair enough but I think people are scared Obama will go full retard like those European states.

Lets be fair here, your government doesn't really endear alot of trust now does it?

If I was American i dont think i could trust the fedral government in handling kittens and puppies let alone such a delicate situation as this.

Agreed. I was an Obama supporter until he started breaking his promises a few years in - I've not paid too much attention to his speeches in recent months nut his G20 on was awful, he looked exhausted, out his depth and completely lacking any vision and feds have a history of making a load of self destructive policies as they go off knee jerk emotional responses instead of logic and an understanding of history.

Past examples are team A and team B (run by Rumsfeld in the 70s to look for signs of and imminent russian attack - info and original video of the statements is all contained in Adam Curtis - the power of nightmares (part 2).

Team A( Experts came to the conclusion there was no evidence to support the claims

Team B (Rumsfeld edalongside CIA) Came to there was no evidence to support the claims, there for Russia must have a far more advanced system that is capable of fully evading all US. Which is cleanly a circular argument containing no evidence, just guesswork.

Direct quite from the speech here:

DONALD RUMSFELD , US Secretary of Defense, Speaking in 1976: The Soviet Union has been busy. They’ve been busy in terms of their level of effort; they’ve been busy in terms of the actual weapons they’ve been producing; they’ve been busy in terms of expanding production rates; they’ve been busy in terms of expanding their institutional capability to produce additional weapons at additional rates; they’ve been busy in terms of expanding their capability to increasingly improve the sophistication of those weapons. Year after year after year, they’ve been demonstrating that they have steadiness of purpose. They’re purposeful about what they’re doing. Now, your question is, what ought one to be doing about that?

The CIA response

VO : Team B began examining all the CIA data on the Soviet Union. But however closely they looked, there was little evidence of the dangerous weapons or defense systems they claimed the Soviets were developing. Rather than accept that this meant that the systems didn’t exist, Team B made an assumption that the Soviets had developed systems that were so sophisticated, they were undetectible. For example, they could find no evidence that the Soviet submarine fleet had an acoustic defense system. What this meant, Team B said, was that the Soviets had actually invented a new non-acoustic system, which was impossible to detect. And this meant that the whole of the American submarine fleet was at risk from an invisible threat that was there, even though there was no evidence for it

www.ratical.org...

Sorry for poor source but transcript is true - seen the raw video footage of both saying it in the Curtis doc (Only BBC journo with access to all the vaults if tapes, absolute genius, probably the best journalist and story teller alive and a a lot of his work is on 'the powers that be' and general conspiracy but any doc he's made is worth a watch. He's an Oxford academic, not an Alex Jones. Every doc I'vr seen from him is minbllowingly good and goes right back to the roots of today's issues, while at the same time pointing out his personal bias and peculation when making certain points (but rarely needs ti as he has the raw footage to back it up),

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

The thing is, if people studied history (going back at least 100 years) -- you'd see that the entire ME problem is the creation of England, France and United States. The West has systematically played chess with the ME people, carving it up and installing puppet dictators -- ignoring or even arming militant groups. We've fostered sectarian violence , anarchy, and allowed a repressive culture to flourish. And today, when it our little creation comes home to roost? Oh, well that's not our problem anymore.

Fully agreed - old empires wanted out fast - we carved up a map with absolutely no understanding of various tribes, politics, It was Euopean libertarians I'm very left wing so wouldn't say that without betting my house on it. This was in order to sow the seeds of hate and promote I think it's too early to get a full idea of what's going on here but all past conflicts have ended up in the hands of the most extremist/determined

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join