It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obvious Strategy of The Islamic State Is Working, You’re All Being Stupid

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Yes I can, just as I can blame US lawmakers who saw "Reefer Madness" as a younger person, and thought "Dang, better keep that crap out of the streets", for being witless peons.

Believe what you see, without question or investigation to ensure its being accurate, and I can blame a person for whatever I feel like, because clearly, they have not the wit to respond to my criticism in any way, shape or form. And yes, as it happens I can blame certain people for believing the hype against Muslims, and I can blame certain people for allowing the governments lack of action to make it worse, and I can and I WILL blame certain people for being lead around by the amygdala, because that tactic is old, and I am sick of willfully ignorant bastards, making it impossible to have a reasonable discussion which concludes in a proper solution, not one so over the top that it is fascist, nor so utterly useless as to be sponsored by the natural fibres and professional hugging crowd.

I can do all these things, of course, while being aware that the center of the disease is those in central government, who have a vested interest in keeping the war drums beating for financial gain, but their success would be impossible without the terminally stupid, electrode licking morons who keep voting them in.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

God forbid we have opinions that differ from the mainstream. Labeling what you don't like as ignorance and intolerance is, in fact, its own form of ignorance and intolerance.

Before you invoke the sacred cow of Left, phobia of whatever stripe, having an opinion that differs from your own doesn't mean your opponent is afraid. It means your opponent disagrees with you.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The silent majority of peaceful Muslims are completely irrelevant to the 10% to 15% of radicalized Muslims. It's fine if you don't expect them to speak out or prevent Muslim terrorists. But someone has to. And yes, if while preventing the 10% to 15% of Muslims terrorists some peaceful Muslims are "inconvenienced" or mistaken for terrorists I personally won't feel badly for them.
edit on 7-6-2017 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

These "silent" Muslims you speak of, are the ones who report members of their communities who pose a threat to the country. They did their part, and so do their leaders, by consistently speaking out against the violence that we suffer from in this era. The security services and the government are the ONLY ones who have not done their due diligence.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

How dare you?

How dare you try to obfuscate your hatred and legitimise it?

The things I do not like, are hatred and intolerance. Where I see it, I call it out. It is not hateful or intolerant to do so, but necessary. You can argue otherwise, but only if you like being wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

How dare you?

How dare you try to obfuscate your hatred and legitimise it?

The things I do not like, are hatred and intolerance. Where I see it, I call it out. It is not hateful or intolerant to do so, but necessary. You can argue otherwise, but only if you like being wrong.

I didn't realize people from the UK were so emotional. Get a grip.

I replied to SO. Not you. Not anyone else.

I don't care what you do and don't like. Labeling personal opinions hate is absurd.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No, it is factual.

If it smells like fascism, if my grandfather would have been fighting a person who held that view, rather than standing shoulder to shoulder with him, then you can bet it IS hatred and intolerance that is being discussed, and I will not permit anyone trying to pass it off as legitimate political discourse, when all it really amounts to, is Nazism in a posh frock. As for a grip, the only grip I need, is around the throats of those who oppose liberty and freedom by engendering and promoting hatred and intolerance. My grip is absolutely serviceable, I can assure you of that.

Oh, and if you want to have a private discussion with SkepticOverlord, that is your business. But you made your ill informed statement in the public forum. If you want to be privately biased and fascist, go right ahead. But if you do it out in the wild, you get what you get, precious.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You're a bit of a drama queen. You act like you own this place.

I stand by my initial post in response to SO. Having a different opinion is not hate and it is not a phobia.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I agree. Having an opinion which differs, because it is hateful and phobic however, is hateful and intolerant, and as I said, will be called out every time it gets uttered.

And no, I do not own this place. But I own myself and my conduct here, and I choose to call people out when they defend intolerance and phobia. If you do not like that, you can feel free to either learn to accept it, or go somewhere else. But as long as you are posting here, you are going to have to grow some sort of a coping mechanism for when your BS gets called out.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

And that is what Left does. It takes a simple statement and twists it to suit its needs.

What's next? Baseball bats? We've seen here in US just how tolerant and morally upright the Left is. They consistently stifle opposing opinions with threats and physical violence.

Whip me, beat me, make me cry.

You know, your statements are a bit ironic. You come from the biggest purveyor of imperialistic violence in the history of the world.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It is precisely because I come from Britain, that I am well placed to understand the historical context and the definition of hate and intolerance. I know where the faults in my country lay, and they come from the sort of behaviour and attitudes which I oppose entirely, as did my grandparents before me. It is precisely because I have seen for myself what these things look like from within a nation which has exported them elsewhere, that I know how to deal with them, and where they can be found.

I am intimately familiar with them, and it is just as well, because to know ones enemy, is to have the tools to defeat them. My nations government has, over the years, committed unforgivable acts around the world, but also toward its own people, for generations and generations. It has unwisely spent its troops in wars which had nothing to do with our safety, while using our safety as a lever against the public, to get from them support for these campaigns, and a willing treadmill of bodies to bury in the name of progress and profit. My nations government has stolen from its people to feed the coffers of private interests, for generations. People in this country have stood and fought against this for just as long.

So as it happens, I am perfectly placed to tell you your fortune. There is no one who could do it better, or from a better informed position than I can, precisely because of my heritage.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You have described the same thing happening with my country, so you are no more or less qualified to speak about it.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Few people realize it, sadly.

Anyone with half a brain can grasp that 'enemies' are pure inventions. A real enemy is someone you know, who wants to harm you, or your family, or friends, etc.

A country is not anyone's 'enemy', clearly.

People are stupid, saying our 'enemy' is this or that country. Morons can't think for a minute?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

originally posted by: 23432

Few people realize it, sadly.

Anyone with half a brain can grasp that 'enemies' are pure inventions. A real enemy is someone you know, who wants to harm you, or your family, or friends, etc.

A country is not anyone's 'enemy', clearly.

People are stupid, saying our 'enemy' is this or that country. Morons can't think for a minute?

Idiocracy full steam ahead , Worldwide .

Unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

God forbid we have opinions that differ from the mainstream. Labeling what you don't like as ignorance and intolerance is, in fact, its own form of ignorance and intolerance.

Before you invoke the sacred cow of Left, phobia of whatever stripe, having an opinion that differs from your own doesn't mean your opponent is afraid. It means your opponent disagrees with you.

The first thing to point out is: Islam is an ideology.

Technically it is a religion, but all religions are ideologies. Not all ideologies are religions, but most of them have the same basic features as a religion. Only lacking an "invisible man in the sky" to tie it all together.

The second thing to point out: Freedom of thought is, by very definition the freedom to disagree with ideologies.

It is ok to say that Islam is stupid. You don't have to treat all ideas with deeply felt respect. The fact that many people do respect it has no bearing on your obligation to respect it.

originally posted by: Willtell
Great OP!

It is a good development that people have separated the jihadi violent madness from Traditional Islam. Islam is not perfect but just an ordinary exoteric religion with all the common fleas of any of our exoteric religions.

It kind of sounds like separating the "good cop" from the "bad cop" in a "good cop, bad cop" interrogation.

Islam started out as a violent religion. Muhammad went to Mecca and began insulting all the polytheists' gods in a deliberate effort to anger them. He got them to attack him, and he defeated them.

What he did isn't a lot different from what "extremists" are doing now. ..... which suggests that the moderates are actually not true Muslims.

I have been posting for a long time that people need to understand the history of this: where were all the radical Islamic jihadis before 911?

You don't remember that 1993 parked van bombing of the WTC?

www.history.com...

The numerous bus bombings in Israel that caused hundreds of deaths?

en.wikipedia.org...

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The silent majority of peaceful Muslims are completely irrelevant to the 10% to 15% of radicalized Muslims. It's fine if you don't expect them to speak out or prevent Muslim terrorists. But someone has to. And yes, if while preventing the 10% to 15% of Muslims terrorists some peaceful Muslims are "inconvenienced" or mistaken for terrorists I personally won't feel badly for them.

That's kind of like if an automaker has managed to capture 15% of the market, saying the other 85% are "completely irrelevant" to this automaker.

Probably the automaker wants to expand its market share. It certainly does matter what the other 85% think, just not in the way you might be expecting.

The whole reason the Jihadists try to get the West to become bigoted against Muslims in general is precisely because they want to get the other 85% of the Muslim public to be mobilized and join their effort.

It's probably the same reason why Muhammad ran around insulting the religions of the polytheists at Mecca. He wanted them to attack his followers, so they would unite against a common threat and he and his ego would be held up on a huge pedestal for centuries to come. (He got his wish, by the way.)

Historically, this tactic has quite an impressive success rate.

The question we should be asking ourselves on this thread is: how do we make it not succeed?

It may not be a simple question. Just "refusing to fall for it" doesn't work (or hasn't worked in any historical case where it was tried.)

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Kinda harsh to be calling people stupid. What’s your agenda? Maybe you’re being stupid. What strategy is so obvious, I hear what you’re saying but are you somehow privy to their strategy? Who are their masters? I find it rather suspicious that you claim to know it all. I also don’t think most members are s degenerate as to hate all Muslims. As the sight owner, perhaps stupid wasn’t the best choice of words.

edit on 17-2-2018 by HickoryStick because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2018 by HickoryStick because: Spelling, and additions.

posted on Feb, 17 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Holy crap! Get over yourself. Anytime I read people using the word fascist and the like, I instantly know I’m dealing with a special person. Your grandiose posturing means f**k all. You can conjure up memories of who ever you like, I can do the same. Go have a beer at a pub and chill out. Or consume a Tide Pod, this is probably your preferred choice.

posted on Feb, 19 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HickoryStick

No, see, eating tide pods is something you do, when you are a science denying lackwit.

I am from the other camp.

Do pay attention, theres a good chap.

posted on Mar, 5 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Haha. I laugh because you’re nothing more then a self righteous drama queen. I care not what you think. I just laugh.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join