It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poor Man's Revolver: The EAA Imported .38 SPL Windicator- Weihrauch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

What do they run? I've not seen them in my local target shop.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Depends. You can get them at Walmart.

I think like 4 bucks for a pack of ten.

You can also purchase them cheaper online.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The Eeeeevillll empire, eh?

Sounds like something to at least try.

One way to get feedback right away.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

$50-$60 moar will get you a Charter Arms .357 Mag, there's no advantage to a sub $300 revolver.

But I didn't want to spend 60 bucks more. Also, as an aside to all of this, I had read a ton of customer reviews, mostly on the .357(which you can shoot .38 +P through) model. Knowing that I would buy the .38 special only model, I decided to give it a go and see if its even worth mentioning.

I was pleased with the results.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but @ 10 yards there should be a single hole, I own a half dozen smiths of varying types and each one will put a bullet spread of less than one half inch @ 10 yards. Either your no good at shooting or the gun is crap.

The Rhino is probably a decent defense pistol in the shorter versions and using the hotter loads the recoil is better dispensed lower down your palm but the sights are crap and the double action out of the box is crap. The fake hammer covers half the back sight and the hexagonal cylinder leads to not a very smooth roll back in DA. Glad I never bought one but the guy who tried to sell it to me sent it back to the factory and had the 2 stage trigger job done on it and i shot it last weekend at the range and it was definitely better.
edit on 16-11-2015 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
He said get a Hi-Point guys. That's gun guys terms for disregard everything I just said cuz I'm joking.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Sorry to burst your bubble but @ 10 yards there should be a single hole

And normally that would be true. But the point of Shoot N' See targets is to ensure you see where your rounds are hitting. I had to start picking different places as I had put so many rounds in the center that I wasn't able to see exactly where the groupings were.

Every part of that target was purposefully aimed at.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yea, love it. It's a recent acquisition so I've only played a few times.

It's my dad's piece from when he first got on with the Feds. He shot into the Possible Club with it, decided he didn't want it anymore.

I'll take that, thank you very much.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have an old Interarms (Rossi) .38 special that I carry almost daily. Out of every gun I've ever owned, it's still my favorite.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Thanks for the review....very interesting.

If you're really interested in Wheel guns, I'd strongly suggest you go to the local range and rent the Sturm-Ruger GP100 .357/.38 with the 4" barrel. Its kind of like nothing else. The barrel is weighted to keep the front sight on target and it comes with hogue grips to reduce recoil. You might like it.

posted on Nov, 16 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I'm familiar with the GP.

I love almost anything made by Ruger... Except the P95 and LCP.

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Shamrock6

Freaking cops raiding the evidence locker.

OP you accidentally posted the wrong target picture, unless the poor man's revolver is a paintball gun. So many people act like they know guns on the internet, but end up posting pictures of their airsoft or paintball guns!

This isn't Call of Duty bud! Who do you think you're fooling? I'm a level 20 firearms instructor, and I can spot a fake a mile away. Poking a bunch of holes in a target with the pen you used in the picture to prop up the "gun" and then shooting those holes with different paint colors at 50 leagues doesn't make you an expert.

Everyone knows revolvers jam up more often. If you really want to shoot, get a hi point.

I need a nap.

This post is perfect...

posted on Nov, 19 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

It's amazing what sleep deprivation will do to one's postings.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yes virginia revolvers DO jam up !!! moslty when people put one in a pocket too much and dont use a holster, sand, grit, dirt and such can easily work their way into the bolt area and jam the trigger up.. its one of the reasons the military and police dont use revolvers anymore, it takes a armour to dissasemble and clean and reassemble properly..as to the EAA 38 standard preasure only revolver why?????? a little more $$ and you get a gun that shoots + P or .357 mag. my suggestion would be a Ruger,only modern revolver the typical owner can take apart ,clean and reassemble.plenty of older speed six's, security six's , still out there,Yes the GP100 is a great gun but its big and bulky for CC,the S & W 686's (L frame) are also same size as gp100, take either gun, have a trigger job by some one who knows what their doing and you have a working mans Python.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In that class of wheel guns I would buy the Taurus 605 Protector Polymer Double Action Revolver .357 Magnum 2" Barrel 5 Rounds Blue Finish with a Fiber Optic Sight. It has better low light firing and is lighter by far but with good after market accessories availability.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join