It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Special Forces Deployed to UK streets in responce to Paris.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Currently the UK's Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC) have not yet increased the UK threat level however following meeting of COBRA in response to the attacks in France there are now multiple reports that under the authority of SO15 (metropolitan police counter terrorism command) members of the SAS and SRR have been deployed to assist police.

Britain undertook its largest security operation since the 7/7 bombings in the wake of the Paris terror attacks that have left 129 people dead and 352 injured. The Special Air Service (SAS) and Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) were deployed in order to foil any potential terror attack on the streets of the country.

Link

The telegr aph goes on to report that

Britain launched the largest security response since 7/7 last night as counter terrorism sources revealed up to 450 radicalised Britons have returned to the UK from Syria.

Special forces were deployed on the streets to monitor stations, shopping centres and key public places amid fears the UK could be the next target for an Isil terror outrage.

Another interesting development but given the threat level remains at Sevrer and has not been raised to Critical would suggest this is just a precaution.
edit on 15-11-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-11-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't worry Bubba, the SAS will protect us!

Rule Britannia needs soldiers upon its streets to protect the people. It's a wonderful life...not.

I'm kind of glad about this because the government has a responsibility to protect the people at such times. I am critical of Paris authorities for being blind to the obvious after Charlie and all that. I don't think they will make the same mistake again.

France, désolé pour votre perte.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
about time they did this ,i would of already had this in place and the preachers of hate we have in the uk of which there are many would already be detained under the charge of incitement to riot,funny i can be charged for this as a true english person
but they are free to spout their **hit ,double standards by our government ..
to little to late the problem is not going to go away now we have to many homegrown terrorists add to them the migrants .
we are up **hit creak ,just a matter of time now.my next question why are they unarmed?????

cameron a fool ,gchq still being complacent!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The UK security services have plenty of potential terrorist criminals under surveillance.
Why not bring these people in & interrogate & put the fear of the LAW of the UK into them before they commit another barbaric crime on the peoples of the UK?
IS sympathisers should be reminded of the relevant LAW in this land & the consequences to be faced by breaking such LAWS.
Prevention is better than cure.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Indeed why unarmed, that could make the diference between a few casualtys and hundreds
S&F OP

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So they "know" that there are up to 450 radicalised Jihadis returned from fighting in Syria. That surely begs the question as to why they were allowed back in the country?

If they let them back in and don't know where they are, isn't that a damning indictment of the failings of the multi-Billion surveillance sector? Shouldn't we, the taxpayers, be demanding the entire removal of the whole damned bunch and asking for a refund? After all, the combined resources of all the alphabet agencies have not done a particularly stellar job so far, given the money thrown at them, preferring instead to monitor people texting nude photos of themselves, hacking laptop cams and protecting high level pedos! Oh, and hacking the private corporate sector as well to get the inside line on where to put their investments.

The entire surveillance state is there to protect the establishment and bankers, nothing more. Allowing, or even orchestrating, a "terrorist" attack is the price they are willing to pay to get more powers and maintain their positions, whilst keeping everyone living in fear and baying for the government to protect them.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I'm kind of glad about this because the government has a responsibility to protect the people at such times. I am critical of Paris authorities for being blind to the obvious after Charlie and all that. I don't think they will make the same mistake again.

It's naive to think that putting military on the streets can avoid attacks like we've seen in Paris.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop people from initiating driveby shootings or blowing themselves up.
That's the harsh reality we face today.
Only solution in my opinion is to try and stop people from radicalising, before they decide to engage in terrorist acts.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Good, all radical Islamic militants should be marked for death, in every country where they dwell.

Since their (the government) intelligence has determined that 450 of them have returned from Syria, I'm assuming that this "deployment" won't be in the public places as much as it will be in the nests where these scum [snip] hide - in amongst their own communities where they hide behind women and children and in schools and mosques.

You see, it's clear to anyone with half a brain and an aptitude to call it how it is, that these SAS etc should be targeting the Islamic quadrants of cities, because that is where the [snip] are hiding.

The only time they show their cowardly faces is on youtube, the only time they spout their deluded nonsense is on the internet chat forums where they think they are warriors - they are [snip] cowards and basement dwelling keyboard warriors.

If the peace-loving Muslims do not sort their house out, and the cowards who hide among them continue to reek carnage on innocents, then I fear that the days are numbered before all Muslims will be painted with the same brush and will consequently be marked for death by militias and other groups who will form with the single intent of killing Muslims - radical or not........because the government and/or peace-loving Muslims refuses to do what needs to be done.

edit on 15/11/15 by masqua because: Removed sexually charged wording

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

but they are free to spout their **hit ,double standards by our government ..
to little to late the problem is not going to go away now we have to many homegrown terrorists add to them the migrants .
we are up **hit creak ,just a matter of time now.my next question why are they unarmed?????

There is a method to that madness.

Most these hate preachers are cowards that wont ever act. So a good method is to to let them spout there BS and then tap there phones, Email ect and have them under 24 hour surveillance.

As the real terrorists flock to them like flys round a turd they can be outed by MI5 and GCHQ.

edit on 15-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: supamoto

The UK security services have plenty of potential terrorist criminals under surveillance.
Why not bring these people in & interrogate & put the fear of the LAW of the UK into them before they commit another barbaric crime on the peoples of the UK?
IS sympathisers should be reminded of the relevant LAW in this land & the consequences to be faced by breaking such LAWS.
Prevention is better than cure.

Because as soon as you bring them in that is it all the other leads they can bring you vanish.

The UK has one of the most effective security forces in the world and know how the game is played. It why our streets dont look like Baghdad.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

I will put good money MI5 know exactly were all 450 are and have them all under extremely close surveillance.

The point off letting them back in was to see what rat nests they would scurry off into then put them under surveillance.

Every person those 450 meet have likely been now put under investigation.

When the hammer drops those 450 will likely help bring in 4x that number.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

but to leave the sas unarmed is a bit of a oversight is it not?
do you expect them to use unarmed combat against the type of arms used in paris?
does this infact put the lives of some of our best trained troops at risk?

i say its like releasing the dogs,but the dogs have muzzles on !!!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: crazyewok

but to leave the sas unarmed is a bit of a oversight is it not?
do you expect them to use unarmed combat against the type of arms used in paris?
does this infact put the lives of some of our best trained troops at risk?

i say its like releasing the dogs,but the dogs have muzzles on !!!

BS they are unarmed.

Its just a dog and pony show.

Just because they are not carrying G36's doesn't mean they wont have something smaller concealed.

Not to mention there is likely a police sniper on every over roof top in central London and Westminster covering them.
Trust me I have encountered that at the new years fireworks by accident.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I won't feel safe until I have my own SAS team protecting me day and night. CCTV on evert corner. Biometric chips of the total population and government surveillance drones hovering 24 hrs a day. We must sacrifice all our freedoms if we ever want to feel safe again. The snoopers charter needs to be beefed up and implemented now, no debates. Don't leave your homes. Danger is lurking everywhere

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

we have been monitored in the uk for years ,google menwith hill and what is does,i have no rfid chip your phone is all they need,so to whinge about what already is in place is pointless,
i guess you have much to hide

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

A star for your satire and sarcasm!

Second line simply as a filler and to show solidarity for the first line above.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien most of my information is freely available to the authorities. Ive nothing to hide. I fact if you were desperate to track me down, ive probably given enough information away on ATS. There's some parts of my life that I'd rather keep to myself, but I understand the abilities of the security services and know that isn't possible. Let's say I don't lose any sleep over my security or lack of privacy. Privacy is now a thing of the past get used to it

edit on 15-11-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If the peace-loving Muslims do not sort their house out, and the cowards who hide among them continue to reek carnage on innocents, then I fear that the days are numbered before all Muslims will be painted with the same brush and will consequently be marked for death by militias and other groups who will form with the single intent of killing Muslims - radical or not........because the government and/or peace-loving Muslims refuses to do what needs to be done.

I whole heartedly agree and I think most Americans and Europeans would also agree. It would be like finding a needle in a hay stack trying to identify these radical Islamists. If Islam is viewed by the majority of Muslims to be a "peaceful religion", than peaceful Muslims should be intent on exposing these radicals! I would think "peaceful Muslims" would want to weed out this evil scourge, which is creating a negative view on their Islamic religion and Muslim population as a whole. Inaction by peaceful Muslims only solidifies the public's view that most Muslims partially or fully agree with the actions of these Islamic terrorists!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

Nano tracking device's are being mass produced. I don't know what they're going into but it's likely more than just phones.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Not true, Islamic countries like Turkey, Egypt, Bahrein, Saoudi-Arabia, Lebanon, Iraq and even Iran have been fighting ISIS for quite some time now, some even within their own borders, with alot of casualties.
Remember that before saying Muslims don't do anything about ISIS.

Edit: I forgot to mention Jordan. Remember the downed fighter pilot that was burned alive by ISIS?
edit on 15-11-2015 by Tyrion79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join