It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Special Forces Deployed to UK streets in responce to Paris.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tyrion79
Saoudi-Arabia,

They are the ones funding ISIS!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If the peace-loving Muslims do not sort their house out, and the cowards who hide among them continue to reek carnage on innocents, then I fear that the days are numbered before all Muslims will be painted with the same brush and will consequently be marked for death by militias and other groups who will form with the single intent of killing Muslims - radical or not........because the government and/or peace-loving Muslims refuses to do what needs to be done.

I whole heartedly agree and I think most Americans and Europeans would also agree. It would be like finding a needle in a hay stack trying to identify these radical Islamists. If Islam is viewed by the majority of Muslims to be a "peaceful religion", than peaceful Muslims should be intent on exposing these radicals! I would think "peaceful Muslims" would want to weed out this evil scourge, which is creating a negative view on their Islamic religion and Muslim population as a whole. Inaction by peaceful Muslims only solidifies the public's view that most Muslims partially or fully agree with the actions of these Islamic terrorists!

That is like asking Christians to deal with all our fundamentalists and believe me there are some heavy duty nasty Christians who do the very opposite of what Christ taught. Islam and Judaism have the same problem. Nearly every Jew would hate what the ultra right wing assassin did to Yitzhak Rabin, but what can any of us do? We can only use Law against violence.

This SAS deployment is more of a deterrent than anything. It is just another measure to use right now as an appropriate response to what has happened in Paris. Also, it is a soothing tactic for the nation that the government is taking it all seriously. Finally, you would be surprised at just how effective mass surveillance has become with strategically placed resources of many kinds, all hooking up in one information source with algorithms to boot.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: stuthealien

They have to be unarmed in case they overreact. Training can cause you to react instantly, then find there wasn't a threat in the first place.

If it hots up to them needing to be armed we better have our New Home Guard ready for tea making and mopping up duties.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Saoudi-Arabia,

They are the ones funding ISIS!

Could you point me to a source for this?

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

Where did I mention ISIS?

Read my post again and this time recognize that there are many Islamic extremists NOT affiliated with ISIS. and Saudi Arabia has caused this whole mess by brandishing its desert Islam version of the Koranic texts for nearly 1,400 years, Wahhabism is the root of Islamic extremism and I see very little from the House of Saud that would convince me they are doing anything at all to kerb Islamic extremism - in fact I would postulate that they are the main perpetrators of it.

As for the other Islamic Nations you've mentioned, again read my post because I'm not interested in those Nations leaders paying global lip-service to the propaganda band-wagon. Now it's time for the citizens in those countries to rise up and protest and root out the extremists among them.

Your post is mainstream diatribe that has missed the mark of the real issue.
edit on 15-11-2015 by Sublimecraft because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The Islamic populace are two more attacks away from the concentration camps.. And they will put themselves there..

This report is old news.. SF have been on the ground since the threat level was raised.. However are very thinly streched operationally abroad and inbedded with armed police in a training capacity

CX

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: stuthealien

They have to be unarmed in case they overreact. Training can cause you to react instantly, then find there wasn't a threat in the first place.

If it hots up to them needing to be armed we better have our New Home Guard ready for tea making and mopping up duties.

Training teaches you not to overreact, but know when not to react too.

I rarely believe what the papers say about our SF anyway, I'm sure they just think that mentioning that SAS are on our streets will keep the public all cosy.....waving those flags for the next war.

The papers are full of it....and surely aren't briefed on ever SF deployment.

CX.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The SAS and SRR have always got men on the streets of Britain it's nothing new. Mostly the SRR. It's called op Samson.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CX

I can understand the intention of the training. The result is he leapt out of bed and grabbed his mum by the throat. It happens.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I agree If you've been honest you can keep your own secrets.
I just can't figure out HOW anyone could be so gullible as to not know , EVERY single word you ever put into a keyboard has been recorded?
edit on 15-11-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I apoligise and you're right, after rereading your post I missed the point you made, that if nothing's done about Islamic extremists, be it the goverment or peaceful Muslims, then it's inevitable that people will eventually take matters into their own hand.
I totally agree, however this must be prevented at all cost in my opinion.
This is also problematic, because how can you determine if any of the 450, that returned from Syria, actually fought there or were just assisting in humanitarian aid for example.
The ones that did fight, would of course never admit it and you can't lock them all up without trial, because it would be unethical to do so in a state of law.

You did spark my interest about the Saoudi's, so I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind.
How come the U.S. closely cooperates with the Saoudi's since the 70's?
Could this also imply U.S. involvement in Islamic extremism? (seeing how they openly disapprove of Iran's regime, however still work together with the Saoudi's)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: crazyewok

but to leave the sas unarmed is a bit of a oversight is it not?
do you expect them to use unarmed combat against the type of arms used in paris?
does this infact put the lives of some of our best trained troops at risk?

i say its like releasing the dogs,but the dogs have muzzles on !!!

""The public can be reassured that our firearms officers are trained to deal with this kind of incident and we are constantly evolving new ways to combat the threats to public safety,"

It did say "unarmed soldiers" a couple of paragraphs above that statement. I don't get how law enforcement- especially special services, can function unarmed. Canadian cops are armed with guns, tasers, flashlight clubs, etc. and this is a peaceful country. We even arm traffic cops that way.
You guys are expecting to be dealing with ISIS - they should be fully armed!

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

It's quite simple, OIL.

Western powers and royal families also have strong links historically with the House of Saud.
Did you not think it strange that the supposed attackers on 9/11 the majority of them were Saudi's, yet they invaded Afghanistan and Iraq, not a word of Saudi Arabia?
They are pretty much untouchable now & it's not just oil, they have a lot of power for some unknown reason. I find it pretty strange myself.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
I'm kind of glad about this because the government has a responsibility to protect the people at such times. I am critical of Paris authorities for being blind to the obvious after Charlie and all that. I don't think they will make the same mistake again.

It's naive to think that putting military on the streets can avoid attacks like we've seen in Paris.
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to stop people from initiating driveby shootings or blowing themselves up.
That's the harsh reality we face today.
Only solution in my opinion is to try and stop people from radicalising, before they decide to engage in terrorist acts.

It's the uncertainty factor. If you have mobile military units as well as police units doing road patrols by car, that reduces the response time to a few minutes. If the terrorists drive by in a car, there's a good chance they will get and behave nervously.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
so what will they do the special faorces i mean its not like they can be every whear is it ..............

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tempestking

They'll just be present in the big 3 cities, London, Manchester & Birmingham as they are the highest risk.
In Scotland, John Smeaton has been put on full alert.
John Smeaton

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'd imagine that these SAS etc guys will be used for being trained observers so if theres trouble they can relay accurate facts back quickly, probably unarmed as they'll be moving through crowds and all it would take is one glimpse of a gun and a s--- storm appears, but i wouldn't be surprised if they have weapons close by perhaps in an unmarked car driven by a team mate etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxatoria

They will be on rooftops around London.

I know a few of the building they put them too (though wont share that in public).

A terrorist if they attack the wrong place will get a bullet in the head before he can say Allah in Allah Ackbar.

But your right the SAS will be mulling around as observers in the crowd looking for suspicious people or people on the security services watch list Then point them out to the hidden sniper teams.

It is not fool proof and I would not put money on the idea a attack wont get through but London and the UK is probably the most difficult place to conduct a attack at the moment

They would have better luck going for Madrid, Brussels ,Rome ect Or worse Athens.
edit on 15-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They won't be milling around crowds or sat atop roof tops. They're being used to track the movements of known extremists and likely targets. And yes they are armed. People forget, this is a game of cat and mouse that was played by British forces for nearly 30 years In Ireland. It's nothing new.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So, if 450 nut jobs have returned from ISIS-land - why are these not detained and used as a fertilizer for sea weed?

I seem to completely miss what is the legal basis why EU - and UK - allow known terrorists to enter - and I guess ISIS membership can be counted as joining a terrorist organisation - Why are they not detained atleast now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join