It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon.com WORRIED About Hate Speech....and, oh yeah, the Paris Victims

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

That wasn't a solution.

EXTREMIST are the problem, not all muslims.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: lucifershiningone

Agreed up until the gun agenda. I feel if americans give up their guns it will be a mistake felt in the future.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
While I agree that it's bad to use these incidents to try and hate on entire groups of innocent people, the timing of the article is a bit sick.
edit on 13-11-2015 by somnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Y'know, we have to talk about this eh. Sweeping a serious social problem under the carpet for the sake of political correctness is not going to solve anything.

victimize whole groups of people because of the actions of a few.

It's little comments like this I believe causes more damage. Clearly! This particular religion is a pain the ass for everyone and please don't deny that. It really is a royal pain in the ass. And not just a few trouble makers, a lot. Like hundreds of thousands. By not being able to call out the entire ideology on this and deal with it head on, by burying our heads and pretending there's nothing seriously effed up in their culture, it will never get resolved. By stigmatizing the discussion makes it too taboo to even talk about. That's not right. We need to talk about this, openly and transparently.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

suicide bombers and only one or two of the terrorists actually used guns, guns won't stop people with bombs strapped to them. You can be bulleted/gunned up to the gills but bombs are quicker and instant.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
War is ugly... it is horrible... it is the worst experience of my life.

War proved to me the merits of private gun ownership.

The Paris attacks could never happen here... legal U.S. gun owners would have mowed these guys down very quickly....

I fail to see your logic. Are there not more mass shootings in the US than any other country in the world?

The 90 killers who carried out mass shootings in the U.S. amounted to five times as many as the next highest country, the Philippines, according to his research.

Adjusting for population, the difference was smaller: The number of public mass shooters for the U.S. was 65% higher per capita than the per capita rate for the Philippines.

Wall Street Journal

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
For 21 years I sacrificed my life for my country. I NEVER fought for political correctness. To truly fix this problem, we need to nuke cities. Start with Mecca. Anti-terrorism experts will agree that, unless you destroy the root, nothing is solved. NUKE Mecca. Destroy the root of the evil.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember

War is ugly... it is horrible... it is the worst experience of my life.

War proved to me the merits of private gun ownership.

The Paris attacks could never happen here... legal U.S. gun owners would have mowed these guys down very quickly....

I fail to see your logic. Are there not more mass shootings in the US than any other country in the world?

The 90 killers who carried out mass shootings in the U.S. amounted to five times as many as the next highest country, the Philippines, according to his research.

Adjusting for population, the difference was smaller: The number of public mass shooters for the U.S. was 65% higher per capita than the per capita rate for the Philippines.

Wall Street Journal

I have 2 Belgian Malinois and a Remnington 870 that says NO ONE gets on this property... TERRORISM PROOF!
edit on 14-11-2015 by madmac5150 because: Nitro Steel Magnums... step on my property and ask ...

edit on 14-11-2015 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Yeah right.

Slaughtering a few million people and destroying their spiritual home will end extremism right away. There's no way something like that would create thousands of attacks on the West and westerners. Not a chance that it would create generations of hatred against the USA and anyone involved.

The Nazis tried that too and their reputation and empire is doing just...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Yeah right.

Slaughtering a few million people and destroying their spiritual home will end extremism right away. There's no way something like that would create thousands of attacks on the West and westerners. Not a chance that it would create generations of hatred against the USA and anyone involved.

The Nazis tried that too and their reputation and empire is doing just...

Cut the head off of the snake...

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Salon... same guys that wrote the pedophile piece....

Die in a fire already.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Clearly you did not "sacrifice your life" as you are still here posting. Your proposed solution of nuking Mecca will really solve the the issue of fundamentalism. *sarcasm* That's like saying nuking the Vatican will solve the problem of pedophile priests.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Die in a fire already.
I think that it is time to admit that muslims are not the best neighbors...

And, I already died in a fire once... thanks... been shot and stabbed as well... sorry

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Problem is 'the snake' is over 25 countries and populations in, probably, every country in the world.

What you are calling for is the deaths of around a quarter of the people of the world.

It's not realistic.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

You didn't fight for people to be silenced because they are to PC either.

You just want to kill a bunch of people that had nothing to do with anything which will just create more hate and feed into the cycle.
No sir, nukes should not be used ever again, and should only be what they were first sold to those they need to create it as.
A deterrent.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I posted a thread earlier with a solution to this whole mess. I was censored... So much for "deny ignorance"... wanna bet that I get banned? MUSLIMS ARE THE PROBLEM.

You probably won;t get banned, but it will be to my great disappointment. Jerk.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Within hours of the Paris Muslim terror attacks, Salon.com was ready to defend not the dead innocents, but the religion of peace and its delicate feelings.

I guess we wouldn't want to say anything that would hurt their feelings when they are murdering innocent citizens of Paris at dinner, a soccer game or a concert.

I gotta be honest...this was/is unbelievable...the blood of the dead is still running on the streets of Paris with over 160 dead and Salon.com is concerned with hate speech...

What am I missing???
I don't recall my grandfather being preliminarily chastised for calling Japanese soldiers rapists after their jaunt in Nanking....

*****and to answer the question, I went to salon to read a friend of mine who writes for them...though my disgust at the home page made any further browsing impossible...

-Christosterone

No one has evidence of who attacked and even if they did you care about Salon.com?

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Die in a fire already.

No, we don't want journalists (no matter how much i stretch the word) to die in a fire.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: theantediluvian

Y'know, we have to talk about this eh. Sweeping a serious social problem under the carpet for the sake of political correctness is not going to solve anything.

victimize whole groups of people because of the actions of a few.

It's little comments like this I believe causes more damage. Clearly! This particular religion is a pain the ass for everyone and please don't deny that. It really is a royal pain in the ass. And not just a few trouble makers, a lot. Like hundreds of thousands. By not being able to call out the entire ideology on this and deal with it head on, by burying our heads and pretending there's nothing seriously effed up in their culture, it will never get resolved. By stigmatizing the discussion makes it too taboo to even talk about. That's not right. We need to talk about this, openly and transparently.

I do deny that. It is actually little, brainless, unhappy people that call out entire religions. People like this disappear due to evolution.

posted on Nov, 14 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

How does one attempt to reason with the unreasonable? They can only try...

You are grouping together all Muslims for the actions of a few, which is highly illogical. Did all Muslims take part in these terrorist attacks? The answer is no. This "guilt by association" type thinking is the same as somebody blaming all Christians for the actions of a few. How would that sit with you? Would you be fine with people advocating all Christians be deported and killed because one person bombs an abortion clinic?

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join