It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salon.com WORRIED About Hate Speech....and, oh yeah, the Paris Victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Within hours of the Paris Muslim terror attacks, Salon.com was ready to defend not the dead innocents, but the religion of peace and its delicate feelings.

I guess we wouldn't want to say anything that would hurt their feelings when they are murdering innocent citizens of Paris at dinner, a soccer game or a concert.

I gotta be honest...this was/is unbelievable...the blood of the dead is still running on the streets of Paris with over 160 dead and Salon.com is concerned with hate speech...

What am I missing???
I don't recall my grandfather being preliminarily chastised for calling Japanese soldiers rapists after their jaunt in Nanking....

*****and to answer the question, I went to salon to read a friend of mine who writes for them...though my disgust at the home page made any further browsing impossible...

-Christosterone
edit on 13-11-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just a trash piece of # website claiming it is news org when it is no more than opinion driven drive by attack pieces .

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

It is inconsiderate but as of yet there is no proof to suggest who committed this and pointing to the obvious party may be the logical approach, and the odds are stacked that they will be held accountable, but it is unfair - innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RevolutionAnon

At last count (10pm CST US) dozens of people at the concert who heard the 1st shooter say "This is For Syria(fr?)" / "Syriaaaaa" and the other 2 assassins screaming "Allahu Akbar" which means "God is *SNIP*" or "great" or something in Arabic....
I don't speak it so that translation may be slightly off...

-Christosterone
edit on 11/13/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

News to me have'nt heard that on france24 yet but I'll take your word for it. Im just saying confirmation is justification. If a serial killer is on trial it would be illegal to say anything definite. You would have to say alledged, so you can see their point of view even if you dont agree. United Kingdom/White/Christian here btw.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

According to conservative political correctness, when is the appropriate time to be concerned with reactionary morons taking their anger and frustration out on a bunch of innocent bystanders?

There's a thread right now, started before this one, where people are promoting population control and genocide because they believe it's reasonable to victimize whole groups of people because of the actions of a few.

I don't recall my grandfather being preliminarily chastised for calling Japanese soldiers rapists after their jaunt in Nanking....

You do realize that the result of people thinking like your grandfather was interment camps right?
edit on 2015-11-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: RevolutionAnon

US/White/Texan/Church of Ancient Aliens seeded our DNA here btw

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
And I was chided earlier for my cynicism. I knew this was coming, and it was only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

According to conservative political correctness, when is the appropriate time to be concerned with reactionary morons taking their anger and frustration out on a bunch of innocent bystanders?

There's a thread right now, started before this one, where people are promoting population control and genocide because they believe it's reasonable to victimize whole groups of people because of the actions of a few.

You do realize that the result of people thinking like your grandfather was interment camps right?

Needs repeating .....

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Lol an interesting church, less corrupt than my own im sure.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I posted a thread earlier with a solution to this whole mess. I was censored... So much for "deny ignorance"... wanna bet that I get banned? MUSLIMS ARE THE PROBLEM.
edit on 13-11-2015 by madmac5150 because: TRUTH

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It's wrong to blame the many for the actions of the few. This tragedy was the work of extremists, who happen to be only an extremely small segment of the overall Muslim population.

So place the blame where it belongs -- squarely on the shoulders of the few.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

It's wrong to blame the many for the actions of the few. This tragedy was the work of extremists, who happen to be only an extremely small segment of the overall Muslim population.

So place the blame where it belongs -- squarely on the shoulders of the few.

ISIS extremists

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Christosterone.

"You do realize that the result of people thinking like your grandfather was interment camps right?"

Yes, internment camps, nukes dropped on Japan, Dresden firebombed, thousands or millions of noncombatants killed. And.......

The war was actually won!!! Something that hasn't happened since then.

War is ugly, women and children get killed. That's how you win a war, break the enemy's will to fight. The west has forgotten how to wage war. The west tries to wage peace now. Rebuild before the war's over, wage war compassionately. Not offend any minorities in the war zone.

The West won't win another war until they are willing to use internment camps and nukes again. If Muslims were in internment camps this attack in Paris wouldn't have happened.
edit on 13-11-2015 by hammanderr because: Quote

edit on 13-11-2015 by hammanderr because: Quote

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

More than likely. Wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Its Salon, they're no better than a gossip rag.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The assholes who murdered the ~100 did so because they blame all of us for military actions in the Middle East. How would it be any different blaming every Muslim for what these guys have done?

Punishing and/or killing innocents creates hatred; something the world needs less of, not more.
edit on 11.14.2015 by Kandinsky because: missing word!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Only the ignorant blame an entire religion for the actions of the extremists.

This sites motto is deny ignorance except when it comes to the Muslim religion than it is and all out hate fest. People are using this tragedy to further their hate cause for Muslims and that is disgusting.

Not to mention the people who are using this tragedy to push their pro gun agenda...also disgusting.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
War is ugly... it is horrible... it is the worst experience of my life.

War proved to me the merits of private gun ownership.

The Paris attacks could never happen here... legal U.S. gun owners would have mowed these guys down very quickly....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join