It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beirut attacks: Suicide bombers kill dozens in Shia suburb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

At least 37 people have been killed and 181 wounded in two suicide bomb attacks in a residential area of the Lebanese capital, Beirut, officials say.

The bombers blew themselves up in a busy street in the southern suburb of Burj al-Barajneh, a stronghold of the Shia Islamist Hezbollah movement.

The Sunni jihadist group Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility, but there has been no independent confirmation.

It is the deadliest bombing in Beirut since the civil war ended 25 years ago.

Prime Minister Tammam Salam condemned the attacks as "unjustifiable" and called on Lebanon's rival factions to unite against "plans to create strife".
www.bbc.com...

As the article states The Sunni jihadist group Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility but is not confirmed, I don`t know what the reasons for these senseless murders of innocent people are for.

Here`s hoping this isn`t a new wave of civil war ( ridiculous name ) that creates more multitudes fleeing to other countries.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: gps777

ISIL should wear thug uniforms like the gang members here do, because it's all they are, instead of parading themselves around like they are legitimate soldiers. That's all they are. Thugs.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Lol. This was happening long before it was trendy to whine about isis thugs. Lol you guys.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Soldier fight face to face in most cases these guys haul ass.
They aren't stand up men in fights.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Yes they are thugs no doubt, thug uniforms like Hezbollah maybe..

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Lol. This was happening long before it was trendy to whine about isis thugs. Lol you guys.

Of coarse its been happening before, though this is the WORST in 25 years. That whole area is ramping up and with Israel in the centre of it all.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just will never understand why the vast majority of bombings are targeted against fellow Muslims.

Not that targeting Christians, Jews, Hindus or even secularists is any less heinous.

What must be going on in the psychotic depths of the depraved minds of these animals to bring them to indiscriminately slaughter members of the same faith that they are killing in the name of?

I just cant fathom the level evil displayed. If anything ever represented demonic possession to me this is it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I just will never understand why the vast majority of bombings are targeted against fellow Muslims.

Not that targeting Christians, Jews, Hindus or even secularists is any less heinous.

What must be going on in the psychotic depths of the depraved minds of these animals to bring them to indiscriminately slaughter members of the same faith that they are killing in the name of?

I just cant fathom the level evil displayed. If anything ever represented demonic possession to me this is it.

Muslims like myself have explained why many, many times.

They're not Sunnis, they're Wahhabis. Wahhabi leaders have a literal blood feud with Shiite Islam, which is their number 1 enemy. And Sunnis & every other non-Wahhabi denomination of Islam reject Wahhabism too, which is why we're targeted by them. I wrote a long (and slightly boring) post here that touches on it even more (and how non-Wahhabi Muslims feel about them).

Plus, the Wahhabi leadership is allied with the West because of the petrodollar. So Western countries & Western allied intelligence agencies fund & arm Wahhabi groups while making lucrative weapons deals with Wahhabi powerbrokers (like the Saudis & Qatar). Those powerbrokers then help fund & arm the Wahhabi groups who terrorize the rest of the Muslim communities. These Wahhabi extremists (and their mercenary brethren) serve as proxy fighters & de-facto ground troops for when "regime change" is desired without Western "boots on the ground".

I refuse to link their propaganda, but they have a ridiculous amount of articles, videos, and writings about their justifications online. They usually say stuff like "before we can fight the outsiders, we must first clean Islam by getting rid of all false Muslims. Only then will the true Islam be able to blah blah blah...". And since the vast majority of Muslims reject them, you have stuff like this.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Are all the extremist groups this wahabi sect?
edit on 12-11-2015 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

enlightenedservant just explained the in fighting within Islam, all I know is that two different factions of Islam are opposed to each other, one side says the leader/s of Islam should be direct decedents of Mohammad and the other says they should vote their leader/s.

Other than that, any Muslim could be a extremist, you know jihad this and jihad that.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Are all the extremist groups this wahabi sect?

Depends on your definition of "extremists". The big names like Al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, the Taliban, Boko Haram, and ISIS are Wahhabi groups. Virtually every group you see labeled as "Islamic extremists" or "radical Islam" is actually a Wahhabi group. Or to put it another way, Sunni & Shiite Muslims control nearly every Muslim-majority country, and the Wahhabis are the main ones trying to take over those countries through "rebellions".

The "rebels" in Chechnya were also Saudi-backed Wahhabi groups. And the majority of the Libyan "rebels" were Wahhabi groups as well, and they served as the ground troops when NATO did the air campaign against Qaddafi. These same groups & their allies then fought alongside the rebels in Mali, which provoked France & others to attack them (which is telling since they were "allies" in Libya but "extremists" once they went into Mali). And now, Egypt is fighting those same groups & the Libyan warlords in their "anti-ISIS" campaigns in Libya.

Unfortunately, Western allied governments are now labeling almost any Muslim dissenters as "extremists", whether or not they really are. Ethiopia, for example, labels many of their Muslim opposition groups as terrorists & is notorious for imprisoning critical journalists as "terrorists" or "terrorist sympathizers", too (regardless of their religious affiliation).

And Israel labels both Hamas & Hezbollah as terrorists, too. Hamas are Sunnis, but they're only fighting against Israel's occupation of Palestinian lands. Hezbollah are Shiites, but they're defending Lebanon during their battles with Israel (though they're fighting against ISIS in Syria, too). And Turkey considers any Kurdish independence group "extremists/terrorists", even if they're stationed in Syria or Iraq. And this is the case even though the Kurds have been fighting the actual extremist groups like al-Nusra & ISIS the whole time. And Turkey is using their current "anti-ISIS" campaign to attack the Kurdish people, too.

edit on 12-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: had to clarify. grrr...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Depends on your definition of "extremists". The big names like Al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, the Taliban, Boko Haram, and ISIS are Wahhabi groups. Virtually every group you see labeled as "Islamic extremists" or "radical Islam" is actually a Wahhabi group. Or to put it another way, Sunni & Shiite Muslims control nearly every Muslim-majority country, and the Wahhabis are the main ones trying to take over those countries through "rebellions".

So were these Muslims Wahhabi and from Saudi?..

Moderate or extreme?

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Wahhabism is a denomination. A person doesn't have to be from Saudi Arabia to follow their beliefs. Just like anyone can pick up the Mormon scriptures & accept their beliefs. That's why I gave examples like the Taliban (Afghanistan), Boko Haram (Nigeria), ISIS (Syria & Iraq), the Libyan "rebels" (Libya, duh), and the Chechen "rebels" (Chechnya).

As for those specific examples, how would I know? There are more than 1.6 billion Muslims globally. Unless someone says what denomination they follow, I'd have to find out about their teachings then try to figure out what denomination they match up with. Kind of like how I can't tell what beliefs or non-beliefs you have unless you tell me. Or anyone else in this thread, for that matter.

And bringing up examples like those 2 videos is disingenuous. There are liberal, conservative, practicing, non practicing, pious, corrupt, law abiding and law breaking Muslims, just like with every other faith or ideology. If you believe that a criminal represents their religion (1st video), does that apply to every other religion or ideology too? Or do you believe that every individual is responsible for their own actions, as most judicial systems do?

And the people in your 2nd video can only speak for their interpretations of Islam. It's no different than the vastly different interpretations of Christianity, like the Snake handlers, the sects that reject electricity & modern conveniences (Amish), the racist KKK (a self proclaimed Christian organization), and these people:
And this guy:
Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

Oh, and if you're wondering, I brought up Christianity with the stoning example because stoning isn't actually in the Qur'an, though it is in the Bible. But some Islamic schools of thought have adopted stoning as a form of capital punishment because of their region's traditions, just as America has adopted lethal injection, electrocution, firing squad, hanging, and lethal gas as its forms of capital punishment.
edit on 13-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: instead of quoting the entire post, i just replied to it

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Wahhabism is a denomination. A person doesn't have to be from Saudi Arabia to follow their beliefs. Just like anyone can pick up the Mormon scriptures & accept their beliefs. That's why I gave examples like the Taliban (Afghanistan), Boko Haram (Nigeria), ISIS (Syria & Iraq), the Libyan "rebels" (Libya, duh), and the Chechen "rebels" (Chechnya).

Just so you know I'm a Christian non denominational, just Christian.

Its not like we hear many or if ever, people picking up a Mormon book ( not that I`ve read one ) or following what the Amish teach and using it to justify slaughtering or beheading people.

As for those specific examples, how would I know? There are more than 1.6 billion Muslims globally. Unless someone says what denomination they follow

I was only going by the example you gave, that Wahhabism is when these extreme things happen all over the place.

And bringing up examples like those 2 videos is disingenuous. There are liberal, conservative, practicing, non practicing, pious, corrupt, law abiding and law breaking Muslims, just like with every other faith or ideology. If you believe that a criminal represents their religion (1st video), does that apply to every other religion or ideology too? Or do you believe that every individual is responsible for their own actions, as most judicial systems do?

I wasn`t being disingenuous, because all Muslims want Islamic law backed by your book, Christianity would prohibit such atrocities by Christs teaching and the New Testament.

And the people in your 2nd video can only speak for their interpretations of Islam. It's no different than the vastly different interpretations of Christianity, like the Snake handlers.

You say that my example was disingenuous, yet give an example of a stupid tiny group that probably no one would have even heard about if not for the internet and comparing it to 250 million people in just one country alone that follows your extreme and unjust laws.

I`m against such things.

the sects that reject electricity & modern conveniences (Amish)

What the heck did the Amish do to you or me or anyone else?

the racist KKK (a self proclaimed Christian organization),

Oh the racist KKK what started by Albert Pike and Three World Wars

Who was Albert Pike

Christian?? look deeper here enlightenedservant, your quite a smart fella, look what`s being created.

The video you linked is bizarre! and it looks very staged, disgusting non the less, though no ones heads were being cut off or hands or feet or crucifying non believers etc.

And this guy:
Leader of "National Religious Liberties Conference" Calls for Execution of LGBT Folks

Really again? show me where Christ taught this, that a nut job pops up now and again to discredit Christianity, think it doesn`t happen? do you think Satan doesn`t exist and has/had many doing his work.

Oh, and if you're wondering, I brought up Christianity with the stoning example because stoning isn't actually in the Qur'an, though it is in the Bible. But some Islamic schools of thought have adopted stoning as a form of capital punishment because of their region's traditions, just as America has adopted lethal injection, electrocution, firing squad, hanging, and lethal gas as its forms of capital punishment.

Rajm yeah there are discrepancies on it, though some just go from stoning to flogging, even if a women is raped she needs four witnesses.

Of the punishments and atrocities handed out by those in Islamic countries, that are shown in just a couple of examples that I posted, they are the ones who would be executed or locked away in western societies.

Again non of this has to do with Christianity. I`m sure you know that Christ said let he who is without sin cast the first stone, He was God in the flesh sinless and didn`t cast the first stone. Christians wouldn`t allow it to happen or to spread.

I am not anti-enlightenedservant, I am anti Islam because it is a rejection of Christ and the gospel and through it all, non of it says that I am supposed to kill non believers or force them into submission and make them either slaves or pay a special tax etc etc as by Mohamad's teaching and examples, that are clear. Christ did say there would be false prophets.

Christians are an easy target, with only the word of God, my natural instinct would be to sign up pick up a weapon and fight that evil, though that is not Christian at all.

posted on Nov, 15 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Its not like we hear many or if ever, people picking up a Mormon book ( not that I`ve read one ) or following what the Amish teach and using it to justify slaughtering or beheading people.

What does that have to do with what I said? I was pointing out that they're a denomination, not an ethnic group or a nationality.

I wasn`t being disingenuous, because all Muslims want Islamic law backed by your book, Christianity would prohibit such atrocities by Christs teaching and the New Testament.

Try reading the entire Qur'an in my link before you say that. Anyone can cherry pick something from a book or article, then take it out of context to make a point. As an example, here's an entire revelation in the Qur'an (the Qur'an is divided by separate revelations called Surahs/Surats, not chapters).

Surah 109, Al-Kafirun (The Disbelievers)

1. Say: O disbelievers!

2. I worship not that which ye worship;

3. Nor worship ye that which I worship.

4. And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

6. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Do you really want Muslims to reject that, the way ISIS & the Wahhabis do? Because that's literally one of the first Surahs we memorize from the Qur'an (since it's so short lol).

You say that my example was disingenuous, yet give an example of a stupid tiny group that probably no one would have even heard about if not for the internet and comparing it to 250 million people in just one country alone that follows your extreme and unjust laws. I`m against such things.

What country, Indonesia? What's so unjust about them?

As for the Amish example, snake handlers example, racist kkk example, etc: you seem to have completely missed my point. My point is there are Christian denominations that do things vastly different from what the majority of other Christians do. But those denominations don't define the other Christians, because people who know Christianity know that those denominations have some extreme beliefs that don't match up with mainstream Christianity. That's how the Wahhabis are in Islam, which is why the vast majority of their victims are other Muslims (as I've already mentioned).

Also, the KKK has always considered itself an umbrella groups of Christian organizations. Here's a google image search for "kkk church". And try going to their actual websites or listening to their leaders' speeches; they readily claim they are Christians. In fact, the first kkk site that usually comes up for me in google searches (___.bz) has "The recognition that America was founded as a Christian nation" as the first point in its party platform.

As far as Islam rejecting the Prophet Jesus, that's a flat out lie. He's one of the 4 most revered prophets in Islam, as are the Prophets Musa/Moses, David/Dawood, and Muhammad. The Qur'an affirms he was born of a virgin birth too. However, we only accept him as a human prophet of God, not as God himself, God's son, the Word given flesh, or any of the other descriptions of him that different Christian denominations have. In fact, I described it a lot better in the first few paragraphs in this post. (I LOVE quoting old posts- way better than retyping the same stuff).

Of the punishments and atrocities handed out by those in Islamic countries, that are shown in just a couple of examples that I posted, they are the ones who would be executed or locked away in western societies.

Oh really? Capital punishment is capital punishment. If you dislike capital punishment (as I do), you should be against all forms of it, not just Islamic versions. And as for atrocities, those same Western societies you pointed out have been committing even worse atrocities this entire time. I'm not even going to go into deep history, just the most recent events. Like the 150,000+ Iraqi civilians we killed in the latest Iraq War; the 80,000+ Afghan civilians we've killed in the Afghanistan occupation; the thousands we tortured during the War on Terror; the vast number of countries we've bombed, regardless of civilian casualties. The West even does drone strikes on weddings & funerals. It's so bad that we've become desensitized to the phrase "collateral damage", which implies the killed bystanders aren't important enough to be labeled "killings" (just as you wouldn't call a dead roach a murder victim).
edit on 15-11-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join