It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizen calls 911 over man walking ‘with purpose’ with Confederate flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

A concerned resident called police after spotting a man walking “very deliberately” down a residential street in Arlington, Virginia, carrying a hybrid Confederate flag over his shoulder. The flag was a combination of the Confederate battle flag and Gadsden flag, depicting the famous “Don’t tread on me” snake over the blue and red Confederate banner.

See picture at the article.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Not much more to the story without putting all on here. The Picture says most of it.

Well, the rest is taken up by the OVER SENSITIVE moron calling the cops. What the heck has happened in America?

I'm going to start calling the cops everytime someone farts around me as I am offended, scared of the bio-harard dangers associated and think they should be arrested.....

Notice there is no mention of the cops THEN having a discussion with the caller to tell them to GROW UP and stop wasting their time and resources. They have far better things to be doing. What a crying shame!

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I am so sick of this stupid PC sh**.
You can't even walk down the street without somebody getting their panties in a twist and calling the police, because [ just facepalm ] They Don't Like The Way You're Walking!!
If you're that scared, stay home, hide in your basement and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Who started this whole "Walking With A Purpose" trend/thing?? Wth? Aren't we all walking with a purpose every time we are walking somewhere? Now you have to concentrate on not walking with a purpose in hopes that you don't draw unnecessary police attention. I've seen this phrase pop up several times over the last month. It's utter crap IMO.

The article also states that a man had called police earlier that month because someone was selling confederate flag merchandise and it made him upset/uncomfortable....

Seriously? Next time I can't sleep, I'm going to call 911 and see if they will send an officer over to rock me and sing me a lullaby.

There are real emergencies happening while these people are wasting/tying up resources.

+35 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I am 22 years old, and have been in and out of the conspiratorial rabbit hole. I know my generations education system politically indoctrinates them into being so POLITICALLY CORRECT that they take "feelings" as being more important than basic rights such as freedom of speech. Sigh.... I feel my generation is stupid, hence we are screwed. I apologize on behalf of all the millenials.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

You mean you don't consider hurt feelings to be an emergency?!?

You're a MONSTER

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AESTRODON

Its ridiculous little kids think they wanna be opposite genders,I think their is something going on subliminally, people getting upset over coffee cups,people being hateful to one another,getting pissy over a flag.I'm 22 as well I can't believe all the crap that is going on, eventually its all gonna come to a grinding halt and we are not going to like the outcome whatever may happen.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Walking with purpose, micro aggressions, offending people, are all indicators of people who aren't afraid.

Being afraid, being offended, being a victim, is the standard for many Americans now.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yesterday in my hometown, I was held up in traffic. There were close to 30 folks carrying the Confederate flag. (Half or more were a African American, the rest a good mix) They were just leaving the Veteran's Day Parade & spectators were STILL applauding them.. I feel ya O P......

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If a population is afraid, then that population is easier to control.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Absolute and utter BS.

We are in big trouble people. PC is ruining this country.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

Who actually gives a sh!t who walks down the street with a serious gait carrying a flag that some princess finds offensive.

Just another precious snowflake that's caught a dose of the PC propaganditis because the Facebook FOX kardashian crowd said so?

Idiot.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

According to police scanner traffic, police determined the man was exercising his First Amendment rights and not violating the law, WTOP reported.

What's the problem now? Oh that's right you are upset that someone called in a false police report, something that happens all the time. It's just that you want to be outraged about it THIS specific time because it has to do with an object you admire and look up to.

Meanwhile, this thread will devolve into a pit of whining about how "PC is ruining the country! WAAAH!" Even though the correct actions were taken by the police (again police get false 911 calls all the time).
edit on 12-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
They called the police because he was walking down the street, carrying a flag. Who the hell does that, and why would it be ok?
Would it have been done ten years ago?

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
They called the police because he was walking down the street, carrying a flag. Who the hell does that, and why would it be ok?

Who cares? If he did something wrong, charge him with filing a false police report. Are you denying that people call in dumb 911 calls or something? Do you think that is suddenly a new thing with the PC generation?

This thread is just an excuse to feign outrage over PC people.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The article also states that a man had called police earlier that month because someone was selling confederate flag merchandise and it made him upset/uncomfortable....

I wonder how much of this is "made up" to further stigmatize the flag. Seems there is definitely an agenda there.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

So your trying to tell me that the flag he was carrying didn't have anything to do with this? Sorry, not buying that.

And you didn't answer my question.

And why respond if this thread "offends" you so much?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So your trying to tell me that the flag he was carrying didn't have anything to do with this? Sorry, not buying that.

I'm saying it's irrelevant. Somewhere in the country RIGHT NOW, someone probably called in a false police report over some stupidity, yet it won't make the news because it doesn't involve that idiotic symbol that conservatives cry over all the time.

And you didn't answer my question.

Here I'll answer both of them.

and why would it be ok?

It isn't ok. Calling in false police reports is against the law in most police districts
Maybe, the conservative flag controversy isn't a new one. In the early 2000's there was a big debate over removing the Confederate flag from on top of the Charleston capital building.

There, happy?

And why respond if this thread "offends" you so much?

Because I can.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Who cares? If he did something wrong, charge him with filing a false police report. Are you denying that people call in dumb 911 calls or something? Do you think that is suddenly a new thing with the PC generation?

This thread is just an excuse to feign outrage over PC people.

This comment is just an excuse to feign outrage over feigned outrage.

That was fun.

I don't see much outrage, so much as I see a lot of "that's ridiculous" talk. Maybe that's just me.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I only walk "with purpose" on my way to the restroom. Other times, I can be easily redirected.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Seriously?

I am 22 years old, and have been in and out of the conspiratorial rabbit hole. I know my generations education system politically indoctrinates them into being so POLITICALLY CORRECT that they take "feelings" as being more important than basic rights such as freedom of speech. Sigh.... I feel my generation is stupid, hence we are screwed. I apologize on behalf of all the millenials.

Its ridiculous little kids think they wanna be opposite genders,I think their is something going on subliminally, people getting upset over coffee cups,people being hateful to one another,getting pissy over a flag.I'm 22 as well I can't believe all the crap that is going on, eventually its all gonna come to a grinding halt and we are not going to like the outcome whatever may happen.

Absolute and utter BS.

We are in big trouble people. PC is ruining this country.

Yeah those posts are TOTALLY about being upset over some idiot calling in a false police report and are totally NOT whining about political correctness.

If this incident didn't even involve the confederate flag, this issue wouldn't even be a thread right now. It would have been a mild bemusement article we read on Facebook where we see it, say, "what a dumbass," then move on because it's not worth it to put it on ATS. But instead it involved that dumb ass flag so now we have to talk about how PC is ruining the country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join