It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizen calls 911 over man walking ‘with purpose’ with Confederate flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Alleged Atempt SWATing. That better?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

No. Because that didn't happen either. How about the truth? Police investigate, found nothing wrong, and had everyone go about their business.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I didn't mean to offend in any way, sheesh - I was illustrating the point that people at the very end of their life can be outspoken about such issues, as can be 13 or 14 year old children who are just learning about the world. I'm sorry for your losses.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Not sure which disturbs me more:

1) A idiot calling the police because they saw a person walking down the street with a flag....

or 2) People on here trying to defend the idiot's actions.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
Not sure which disturbs me more:

1) A idiot calling the police because they saw a person walking down the street with a flag....

or 2) People on here trying to defend the idiot's actions.

NO ONE is defending his ACTIONS, just his FREEDOM.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

What actions need to be defended in this scenario? Is "carrying a flag" a declaration that "I'm a threat to the public" now? When did I miss that..
edit on 12-11-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You are correct. The person calling the police certainly has the right to be an idiot.

Too bad the idiot felt they needed to infringe another person's right to freedom of expression.

Kudos to the police for recognizing the fact that the person with the flag had that right. And the patients for dealing with the idiot that called.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Truth is philosophical. The fact remains a jackass had the cops called for being a jackass in public. His purpose in walking was to say "look at me, I am a jackass". It really is no different than the jackasses that try to get pulled over and videotape the interaction with the cops for whatever jackass point they wish to make.

Fact remains that you can't be a jackass in public without it becoming a story for someone.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
Did he not have the right to walk down a public street, holding a flag, walking with purpose? Sure he did. The point here is that someone felt he did not have this right, deemed his walking as somehow confirmation of nefarious intent, and impeded his rights by calling the police.

No rights were impeded!!! The man was NOT stopped or even contacted. He probably never knew about the 911 call. What are you talking about?

He certainly was wronfully stopped and questioned simply because the caller felt their rights were of more value than the flagman's rights.

Where did you read that? (Even if he WAS stopped and questioned, his rights were not infringed! He was not arrested and was free to express himself!) I fear some of you don't understand exercising one's rights...

Understanding this, if you would call the police, BH, then you'd be part of this growing PC problem.

If I was scared, I'd call the freaking cops, "PC" be damned! There is no "growing PC problem" is in your imagination.
edit on 11/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Leprekon

Oh the coffee cups!!! I can't believe the media made a major story over red cups that didn't say Merry Christmas on them! OUTRAGEOUS! If people are that sensitive over this guy carrying a flag or red coffee cups, than World War three is just over the horizon! God help us all.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gotta love some people on ats, they got offended cause someone got offended, that pc police i tell you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Too bad the idiot felt they needed to infringe another person's right to freedom of expression.

How were rights infringed? Please link.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The caller actually tried to infringe on the person's rights simply by calling the police in the first place.

At what point is a person walking down the street with a flag a threat?

A person with a flag scares people?

Oh FFS....someone stop the world, I want to get off of it. This is just as bad as people being offended by red cups.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's not just the flag but the history behind the Confederate flag and its use as a symbol behind mistreatment and even murdering of Blacks. The man has the right to carry it but people should be more in tuned to its history. Why are people trying to forget or even overlook this country's violent past? I just don't get it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The caller actually tried to infringe on the person's rights simply by calling the police in the first place.

People TRY things all the time. The government's job is to PROTECT our rights, even from people who TRY to violate them. It happens EVERY DAY!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
why is everyone overlooking one component...

Who walks down the street themselves carrying a flag??

i get that people are saying he has the right to do it... doesnt mean it is right to do so.. i mean.. a guy in cut off jeans wandering about carrying a flag, was there a parade? a sporting event? if not then you need to question the sanity of a man carrying a flag..

now when the flag in question does not actually represent anything, or even represents supporting an actual cause then possibly (although still nuts) you could understand trying to show support for something, but lets be honest here, the Confederate flag is a dead symbol of a bygone age which is mostly used by people with underlying racist tendencies to rally around..

AND if he has the right to walk with the flag (although weird in my opinion) then surely the person who made the call has as much right to be offended...

i am not American, however i notice that the idea of free speech, the first amendment etc. etc. seems to be one sided, depending on the view point of the person arguing it... you cant have it every way... if you are ok with the guy visualising his need to show allegiance to a bygone era in American history then you have to be ok with people being offended by it..

like the very feeling in this thread is a form of what i am going to coin "Socially Correct" SC for short.. "the SC brigade is out in force here complaining that everyone gets offended by things that are deemed to be social norms by them"

yup SC feel free to use it as and when you wish, i wont even try to claim royalties.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
His purpose in walking was to say "look at me, I am a jackass".

That's the best case scenario. Worst case, he could have been on his way to a black church with several weapons hidden in his shorts. We just don't know today...

I live in a quaint little town with practically NO crime, but when I saw a "suspicious package" in the parking lot of the grocery store, I reported it to the store management. You just never know. If the package had been at a bus stop or something, I would have called the cops. NOT because I'm "offended", but because it's a possible danger to me and my community.

This caller COULD have had the same thoughts.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This thread is just an excuse to feign outrage over PC people.

We're not feigning outrage - we ARE outraged.

Most inappropriate 911 calls have to do with encounters between people that have gone wrong. Like a bat# crazy person calling 911 because McDs forgot her fries. Other inappropriate calls are based in misunderstanding or confusion. Like a person seemingly tresspassing like that Harvard professor.

There was no unfortunate encounter or misunderstanding here - an idiot dialed 911 because they were offended by the flag and the PC madness that has seized this nation convinced them that they should also be scared. Of a flag. Of purposeful walking.

It's absurd.

And, furthermore, it's shameful that the PCness has us so hemmed in that even expressing an opinion - on a Conspiracy discussion board - on the absurdity of it all, draws mocking and derision.

What the actual #!?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

How do you know he was "offended" and not concerned that this walker could be headed to a black school to shoot up a bunch of black people?

He has a right to be offended, by the way, I'm just curious why everyone seems to think he was offended...

Seems the outrage is based entirely on assumption.
edit on 11/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Its the medias fault people are so on edge.

Call 911 over anything, everything could be a terr: man with a gun, different skin color or dress, or someone giving the evil eye…

Daily mail

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join