It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Concerned citizen calls 911 over man walking ‘with purpose’ with Confederate flag

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Bull#. People call the police for trivial reasons all the time.

40 Interesting Facts About . . . 911 Emergency Calls

Some Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) report that 15%–20% of incoming 911 calls are non-emergencies. An emergency is a life-threatening situation where every second counts, such as a heart attack, uncontrolled asthma attack, child birth in progress, any event involving large amounts of blood, uncontrolled fire, a life-threatening event such as a knife fight, an armed robbery in progress, or a serious car accident (not a fender bender).

A man called 911 to complain that he was stuck in a hot tub. He requested some hot chocolate, marshmallows, and a hug.

In 2012, Joshua Basso of Dover, Florida, allegedly dialed 911 repeatedly and requested female officers to come to his house to have sex with him. That same year, Clyde Hobbs called 911 in Oklahoma at least 17 times in one day in order to talk dirty to female officers.

It's feigned outrage plain and simple. First off, YOU aren't coming under any political correctness attack, so there should be no reason for you to even BE outraged. Second off, the police administered the correct action, so the system is working as intended. Third off, ATS members should be well aware of how over exposure to paranoia effects people.
edit on 12-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

How do you know he was "offended" and not concerned that this walker could be headed to a black school to shoot up a bunch of black people?

He has a right to be offended, by the way, I'm just curious why everyone seems to think he was offended...

Seems the outrage is based entirely on assumption.

You just defined what is basically wrong with everyone in today's world: Fear.

Be afraid! Be VERY afraid!

See a person with a flag? Call the cops! Quick! The person MUST be a racist hater that is going to go kill a bunch of kids in a school!

Obviously! We should pre-judge people!

And waste the cop's time!

Quick! Call now! 911 operators are standing by!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Right. And the ONLY reason this story is on ATS is because people are offended and outraged that the Confederate flag was involved. As I said, if it was a Mexican flag, this thread would be very different...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
why do people think its not wierd to be wandering about with a flag.. any flag for no particular reason!!

THIS IS WEIRD..

not because im scared, not because i dont think he should..

but because no one does that!! if you are one of those people who do, then you very well may be nuts!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

How do you know he was "offended" and not concerned that this walker could be headed to a black school to shoot up a bunch of black people?

He has a right to be offended, by the way, I'm just curious why everyone seems to think he was offended...

Seems the outrage is based entirely on assumption.

No one in their right mind equates a confederate flag with death or shooting blacks. If you do then it is because you are programmed. Only an idiot would be offended by nothing. There needs to be a fine for petty knee jerk police calls.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

40 Interesting Facts About . . . 911 Emergency Calls

Some Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) report that 15%–20% of incoming 911 calls are non-emergencies. An emergency is a life-threatening situation where every second counts, such as a heart attack, uncontrolled asthma attack, child birth in progress, any event involving large amounts of blood, uncontrolled fire, a life-threatening event such as a knife fight, an armed robbery in progress, or a serious car accident (not a fender bender).

A man called 911 to complain that he was stuck in a hot tub. He requested some hot chocolate, marshmallows, and a hug.

In 2012, Joshua Basso of Dover, Florida, allegedly dialed 911 repeatedly and requested female officers to come to his house to have sex with him. That same year, Clyde Hobbs called 911 in Oklahoma at least 17 times in one day in order to talk dirty to female officers.

It's feigned outrage plain and simple. First off, YOU aren't coming under any political correctness attack, so there should be no reason for you to even BE outraged. Second off, the police administered the correct action, so the system is working as intended. Third off, ATS members should be well aware of how over exposure to paranoia effects people.

YOU aren't the guy who called 911, so why are you offended by people being offended?

Goes both ways.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

So, no one is answering my questions or giving me links to where this walker's rights were violated, though they make that claim... Yeah, false outrage.

I agree with you about fear. And people who are fearful are falling into the trap set. But there HAS to be a BALANCE. Some situations ARE dangerous and could be stopped.

If this had been a group of black kids walking with a "black power" flag, wouldn't the tone be different?
edit on 11/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Look at this case as the reverse of the Trayvon Martin case. Zimmerman profiled him and made assumptions. Citizens did the same here. It's not against the law to walk to the store for a tea and some Skittles and it's not against the law to walk down the street with a purposeful gait while carrying a flag and expressing your first amendment rights. At least not yet....

It's intellectually dishonest to see injustice in the one case and not the other.

And before anyone chirps up that this guy wasn't killed - let's be honest - in the context of the police state that exists now, he is very lucky.

link   

Right. And the ONLY reason this story is on ATS is because people are offended and outraged that the Confederate flag was involved. As I said, if it was a Mexican flag, this thread would be very different...

I know. I'm saying the same thing. Yet all the PC complainers keep ignoring that little detail. Probably because they know if they acknowledge it, their outrage and argument falls on its face.

link   

...or an ISIS flag...

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

So we should try to head things off at the pass?

No thanks.

Smacks too much of this:

Minority Report

And for the record, I'd be just as ticked off if this had been a person walking down the street with any flag.

Unless you actually see someone breaking the law, quit calling 911. While you're tying up a line, someone else might actually really need the cops.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
so how would everyone feel in all honesty.. those who are defending this guy saying the caller should not have called 911

The guy is Middle eastern looking and walking down the road waving a Syrian or Iraq flag? his home flag?
edit on 12-11-2015 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

One could just as easily ask why are you are outraged by our outrage? Get real, it's a discussion board. It's kind of counter-productive to continually try and shut down opposing views. But then that's very much like the 911 caller so......

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Look at this case as the reverse of the Trayvon Martin case. Zimmerman profiled him and made assumptions. Citizens did the same here. It's not against the law to walk to the store for a tea and some Skittles and it's not against the law to walk down the street with a purposeful gait while carrying a flag and expressing your first amendment rights. At least not yet....

No one is saying that it's against the law! If Zimmerman had called the cops and not taken the law into his hands, I would have NO problem! A crime doesn't have to be committed for someone to call 911.

It's intellectually dishonest to see injustice in the one case and not the other.

What injustice was done in this case?

And before anyone chirps up that this guy wasn't killed - let's be honest - in the context of the police state that exists now, he is very lucky.

Not only the police state, but the state of people's minds, where they turn to violence and shoot up the place. Citizens can be just as dangerous as the cops. I can't believe people can't see both sides of this.

YES, the walker was within his rights, regardless how stupid his actions. SO WAS THE CALLER.
No one's rights were violated. Everybody's fine.

The outrage at two people exercising their rights is WAY lopsided here, IMO.
edit on 11/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Nope. We're sick of the whining. Why is it ok for the PC crowd to be able to control what I say or do, as long as I'm not breaking any laws? Because they don't approve? It hurts their feelings?
Grow up.
They are all for Free Speech............. till someone expresses an opinion they don't agree with.
Why is it ok for them to call me "redneck" or "hillbilly", which we both know is used as an insult, but they can whine all day long about their hurt feelings?
If it hurts their feelings to hear what I have to say, walk away. No one is forcing them to strand and listen.
Don't like a flag? Don't look at it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Dont like someone being offended by the flag?

Dont comment on it?

Surely this works two ways?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: GonzoSinister
so how would everyone feel in all honesty.. those who are defending this guy saying the caller should not have called 911

The guy is Middle eastern looking and walking down the road waving a Syrian or Iraq flag? his home flag?

Also no one?

Really no one dares have an opinion on this?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Nope. We're sick of the whining.

Yeah, me, too. So, I'm going to stop reading about it and trying to make sense of it. Because it makes no sense to be whining about this guy calling 911.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

One could just as easily ask why are you are outraged by our outrage? Get real, it's a discussion board. It's kind of counter-productive to continually try and shut down opposing views. But then that's very much like the 911 caller so......

Sorry that people going crazy over hypocrisy and obviously sensationalized propaganda makes me upset. But I call it how I see it.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

If it was a mexican flag, it wouldn't be in the media as a problem.

That's the problem. The media doing a story on it makes it the problem.

What about the man minding his own business. Now he has to explain himself because some moron was offended?

He most likely was stop/detained/questioned/id'd/record in a database and so on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join