It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Salvation: God is Love and Love never fails

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The image and likeness of God is eternally perfect, to say differently is a mockery of God's perfect creative power. An inferior power cannot undo or corrupt the work of a Perfect God.

God's will be done, and God's Will is that none should perish. God is Love and Love heals and comforts. To believe that an all-powerful God's Will cannot be done, is mockery.

Some people have Faith/Trust in death/suffering/darkness and some people have Faith/Trust in Life/Love/Light.

I believe that Life is Eternal and Love is all around but some people appreciate it and realize while others do not,

But Love holds no record of wrongs and Love never fails.

Where hatred harms, Love heals.
Where darkness scares, Love comforts.
Where apathy disappoints, Love cares.

No eternal darkness, no eternal death,
Only The Eternal Essence/Spirit of Life
Everything else is a dream (or rather, a nightmare).

Hope this message inspires warm feelings and more faith in the power of Love/Goodness.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Love causes hatred, love causes darkness. Love fails constantly. Love for god causes hatred towards other gods. So satan isn't inferior to god? Is he equal or better? Cos he undoes his work every second of everyday.

Your message inspires a misinterpretation that love is god bound. "The image and likeness of god"? What is that exactly? Another religious statement with no purpose, meaning or foundations?

Sorry to critically evaluate your post.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Thank you, for sharing your beautiful words of Faith.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Sort of reminds me of a light-hearted conversation I had with a Deacon many moons ago...

He said, "Next time you find yourself having to do something that you find unpleasant.... remember that it is for and of God."

He went on to say that many people have tasks in life that are very difficult and that people just don't want to have to do.

For example, say go to work when things on the job are incredibly difficult and stressful.

Why do we do it?
We do it to take care of our families....
We take care of our families because we love them....
God is love....
So when we do those difficult things that we may not want to do, it is for and of God.

Disclaimer: The Deacon relayed the message a heck of a lot better than my feeble attempt.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Love fails. Constantly.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Absolutely, and no problem, you expressed it well!

When stress and depression tries to overcome you, you can overcome it with Love by always keeping in mind that the way you helped others wasn't meaningless but Love gave it meaning and that we are never alone (family/friends/loved ones/love for humanity/etc.) knowing that, eases the stress of any hard time you may be going through.

Love heals and comforts.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

That is the basest fact of a truthful life I think I have seen lately.

Grace....to really understand it. priceless.

Being free is free indeed, he might watch the almighty....but I would never have him leave my side.

It's a turtle not a computer on 6000 is enough for me.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Nice thread. Love is the highest form of consciousness. Once you find truth, you find love for all life as well. When you find love, true love, it never fails.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
god is a figment. Ignorance at it's finest.

But as they say, ignorance is bliss...

That we must lie to ourselves, and believe the lie, in order to feel life is worthy.. shows how corrupt it all really is..

Prayer is not a show of hope. It is a show of distrust. Why would god need you to ask him things, he is god. begging for mercy, is not love.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: laminatedsoul

Begging shows a lack of Faith/Trust, but prayer is not the same as begging. Prayer can be an expression of Love and Gratitude.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
originally posted by: rossacus

Another religious statement with no purpose, meaning or foundations?

Sorry to critically evaluate your post.

I say this in a friendly, joking tone....
So you're the guy that goes through Hallmark cards and critiques them for scientific accuracy?

Wait... wait... wait... "The sun rises and sets based on my love for you?"..... "Even if she leaves tomorrow, the sun still rises and sets. I object!!!"

Love causes hatred

On a slightly more serious, philosophical side.... this phrase made me curious. What do you mean exactly? Example?
(I'm not trying to prove you are wrong or argue or anything.... just curious).

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So faith in God is essentially faith in the power of love to overcome? Or is it specifically faith in His love to overcome?
Is faith in love equal to faith in God?
Is faith necessary to understand love? Is love necessary to understand faith?
What is the difference between an athiest's love and theological love?
Is God's love defined differently to man's? It is described biblically as being quite harsh and judgemental, and quite human.
Organised religion is responsible for some of the most heinous crimes against humanity, throughout history and here the 21st century, carried out in the name of "love". Is this God's will?
edit on 11-11-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I believe that Life is Eternal and Love is all around but some people appreciate it and realize while others do not

I believe and appreciate this without any realization of a religious god.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spygeek

Is faith in love equal to faith in God?

Absolutely.

Is faith necessary to understand love? Is love necessary to understand faith?

Faith = Belief/Trust.
Not all faith/beliefs are about Love.

What is the difference between an athiest's love and theological love?

The understanding of it. A theist who believes God is Love will know that it is The Great Spiritual Force of Life, while an atheist may not understand it to that degree - but Love is Love whether it's the one who love is Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, or Atheist.

Is God's love defined differently to man's?

God is Love.
Human beings may be Loving, but God is Pure Love.
God = 100% Love (Pure)
Humans may have a darker side and not be 100%.

It is described biblically as being quite harsh and judgemental, and quite human.

"Biblically"? There's a lot of books in the canon of the bible with differing opinions. For example, this verse is of The Bible and says differently than what some other verses says in the old testament books:

"Luke 6:35-36King James Version (KJV)

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful."

Organised religion is responsible for some of the most heinous crimes against humanity, throughout history and here the 21st century, carried out in the name of "love". Is this God's will?

God's Will is not violence and suffering, but Love, because God is Love.

Love does no harm to its neighbour. Love is Life.

a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I don't believe in religion, either. It can be helpful to some people, but God is beyond religion. God is Love and Love goes beyond race, gender, and religion.
edit on 11-11-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't believe in religion, either.

I know you say that. I appreciate that's your feelings on the matter. However, you quote scripture to support your thoughts on love, god, all the time. To me that makes you religious, and in support of a religious god. I've taken philosophy of religion twice now in college. I know what god belief absent of religion looks like and it's not what you're doing. I mean no offense, it's merely how I see it. I appreciate that your posts are always good in intent.
edit on 11-11-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

Begging shows a lack of Faith/Trust, but prayer is not the same as begging. Prayer can be an expression of Love and Gratitude.

we don't pray for things we have. We give thanks for things we have. We pray for things we need. If god cannot already know these things, he is not all knowing, all seeing. And if he does know, yet waits for us to ask, he is waiting for us to beg.

A god who would let you suffer until you begged for his mercy, is no good I'd want looking over me.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: laminatedsoul

originally posted by: arpgme

we don't pray for things we have. We give thanks for things we have. We pray for things we need. If god cannot already know these things, he is not all knowing, all seeing. And if he does know, yet waits for us to ask, he is waiting for us to beg.

A god who would let you suffer until you begged for his mercy, is no good I'd want looking over me.

Can you please define "We"...?

I'm hoping that you are not so presumptuous as to speak for me, for what I pray for, for what I perceive I need and what I want.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Are you preaching to the converted?
The path rises to meet you.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22
Love causes jealousy, jealousy causes hate, hate leads to suffering.(star wars joke) Many wars have been waged in the name of love, entire cities pillage cos of forbidden love.

Lust is even more powerful than love and can be misconstrued as love. How many stories have you heard of love leading to death, how many "honour" type killings in recent decades alone.

No I'm not one that criticises poetry nor am I grammer police.

But for a thread based on gods love when he requires obedience is not what I and some others call love. It's called eternal dam nation if you don't suscribe. What sort of love is that?

Religion has taken the most basic need of all people (love) and manipulated the word to have some divine origin and personified in the form of god to enact total control over a population. Must stop before I preach to the wrong choir.

But thankyou for being curious. It's a breath of fresh air on a religious type thread.

edit on 12-11-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Love causes jealousy, jealousy causes hate, hate leads to suffering.(star wars joke) Many wars have been waged in the name of love, entire cities pillage cos of forbidden love

What kind of love is that?

Nothing I've ever heard of in biblical terms, but perhaps modern day terms have changed what love actually is...

Selflessness is love... and love is selflessness...

How does one get war and jealousy from such things?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join