It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raiders player under investigation for taunting police dog before game

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Really we are gonna dress em up and call them raiders then chastise them when the testosterone begins to drip?

There was no harm and a verbal warning is all that would be needed unless some of you think the player intended to harm the dog.

Sounds more like he was just saying hi in a more animalistic way.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

To be fair, and this is only the NFL(the only sport I follow), there are 100 players in the league that are positive members of the community for every douchebag. It's just that the turds get the press.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

To be fair, and this is only the NFL(the only sport I follow), there are 100 players in the league that are positive members of the community for every douchebag. It's just that the turds get the press.

That's fair enough, but when they make excuses for the bad ones, it makes them all look bad. Kind of like when police excuse the bad apples in their ranks. They aren't all bad, either, I am sure, but a lot of people look at them as bad because, too often, the good ones cover up for the bad ones.

I don't follow any sports, because I just don't care enough. A school game, when I knew people playing, was fun. I like baseball whoever is playing, but it could be a local bunch as easily as pros, and I wouldn't care. A few players who have been very positive, I have shown some some verbal support for, but mostly, I couldn't tell you what sport the average player was playing.

Cases like this are more indicative of celebrity worship as sports problems, in my opinion. People seem to think fame excuses all sorts of things. Heck, these days, some are famous because they are misbehaving! People are weird sometimes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Cases like this are more indicative of celebrity worship as sports problems, in my opinion. People seem to think fame excuses all sorts of things. Heck, these days, some are famous because they are misbehaving! People are weird sometimes.

I'm not being rude I just honestly do not understand this at all. I don't see celebrity worship here and I don't see excusing behavior. I simply see the questioning of how that behavior is being seen according to the law. Celebrity or not, should the actions this individual made be even remotely considered a felony.

People can call what this individual did bizarre and they can refer to him as a thug. I don't look to sports or celebrities for my moral compass so I could honestly care less how he acted. It may have been stupid but why does the official response to his actions have to be equally stupid?

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I'm not being rude I just honestly do not understand this at all. I don't see celebrity worship here and I don't see excusing behavior. I simply see the questioning of how that behavior is being seen according to the law. Celebrity or not, should the actions this individual made be even remotely considered a felony.

People can call what this individual did bizarre and they can refer to him as a thug. I don't look to sports or celebrities for my moral compass so I could honestly care less how he acted. It may have been stupid but why does the official response to his actions have to be equally stupid?

The official response is related to a law which does not seem "stupid." Note that the law includes more than taunting which is what the emotionally arrested idiot Ray-Ray is accused of.
Had the animal got loose and used Ray-Ray as dog food, the world would have been outraged that such a great player of the great game would have been damaged through his own stupidity and calls for the dog's death would have flooded the MSM. Don't police dogs know to make exceptions for the mentally deficient? A touching graduation photo of Ray-Ray smiling sweetly under his mortarboard would have been appended to the story.

Pennsylvania Title 18.

§ 5511.2. Police animals.

(a) Illegal to taunt police animals.--It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully or maliciously taunt, torment, tease, beat, kick or strike a police animal. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this subsection commits a felony of the third degree.

(b) Illegal to torture police animals.--It shall be unlawful for any person to willfully or maliciously torture, mutilate, injure, disable, poison or kill a police animal. Any person who violates any of the provisions of this subsection commits a felony of the second degree.

(c) Restitution.--In any case in which a defendant is convicted of a violation of subsection (a) or (b), the defendant shall be ordered to make restitution to the agency or individual owning the animal for any veterinary bills, for replacement costs of the animal if it is disabled or killed and for the salary of the animal's handler for the period of time the handler's services are lost to the agency.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Sounds like another profession...

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

I get what you are saying. For you, it's a matter of whether or not this should be a felony. Making a noise at a dog certainly should not be. What the player did was stupid, and could have caused a problem, so some misdemeanor charge would be understandable, but not a felony. I never thought that you were one who would consider his actions acceptable simply because of his position, either.

Some, though, do seem to have that mindset. "He was amping up for a game, so it's no big deal what he did", is something I have seen stated, and that's just wrong. If the guy can't play football without acting like that toward a dog, then he shouldn't be playing.

In this case, I agree; we have two stupid actions. How is it a felony to make a noise at a police dog, but acceptable for police to shoot family dogs that are not attacking? Citizens need to start working on changing those laws.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Boneheaded Ray-Ray will not be charged. I suspect that the Raiders have paid for the dog that had to be removed from service for a while.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Boneheaded Ray-Ray will not be charged. I suspect that the Raiders have paid for the dog that had to be removed from service for a while.

I hope, if they dd pay, that they take it out of the guy's salary. It's his stupid behavior.

posted on Nov, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
For those saying the cop should have let the k9 go and attack him...may not of been an attack dog but a sniff dog, for bombs or drugs...maybe. Is this on youtube perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join