It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raiders player under investigation for taunting police dog before game

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
its an ego issue. messing with a mans dog is the same as messing with his wife, his car, his money or his dinner. particularly when said man is an officer of the law who is accustomed to having to prove himself - "pistol" measuring contests and whatnot.

surely such a master of machismo would have grasped this before issuing such a...lowbrow challenge.
edit on 11-11-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

So we would see the same ridiculous issue with a seeing eye dog? Any other service dog?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: FraggleRock
One more law that can heavily punish someone who does not even know the law exists.

Not knowing the law does not and should not make you exempt from it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

If it was a service dog, I'm sure we'd be hearing all about the assclown football player who screamed and barked at and beat his chest at a service dog. It would be viral. The dog owner would be interviewed by the Today Show and Ellen. There would be a Twitter apology, citing "pre-game ampedness."

But it's different, because cops.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: chuck258

So we would see the same ridiculous issue with a seeing eye dog? Any other service dog?

Yep.... it's sports entertainment, says so on the tickets.... no different than a WWE match with wrestlers thumping and yelling at women and children..... the stupidity is bringing anyone or a dog near it.

It's all rigged anyway.....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
But it's different, because cops.

Usually we agree, not this time. This is stupid. It looks like dick swinging by the authorities. And it's ridiculous. As I said earlier, start locking up these guys that are smacking their women around. A dog is the priority? Please. The NFL is complicit too. Why are serial abusers still allowed to play? Make millions? Mike Vick was the breaking point. He should have never been allowed to play again. Ray Rice. Greg Hardy. Cripes, the only one I know doing time is Hernandez. And he committed murder. My point? Why is this even being talked about when we have MUCH bigger problems to deal with?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It is stupid. It's a stupid reaction to a stupid action. Never said it wasn't. My beef is with people trying to victimize the football player.

The chances of this actually resulting in a charge, much less any jail time, are remote at best. A jackass did a jackass thing, and caused a jackass reaction.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Many of these clowns are emotionally arrested at about age 12 and behave accordingly.

Taunting a police dog could cause the human partner to lose control of the animal just like the Raiders lost control of theirs. Neither is desirable.

Fine him the cost of a police dog or two.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I've gotta go with..... what?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

They should fine Ray-Ray for being a jerk. Use the fine for buying another police dog or two. Ray-Ray can afford it.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Because being "amped up" for a football game means you go yell at animals

If you've ever seen football players exit the locker room and come out of the tunnel you'd know that they are often yelling at just about anything and everything.

Freedom of Expression

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

It is stupid. It's a stupid reaction to a stupid action. Never said it wasn't. My beef is with people trying to victimize the football player.

The chances of this actually resulting in a charge, much less any jail time, are remote at best. A jackass did a jackass thing, and caused a jackass reaction.

Well what do you know, we can agree.

Though I apparently need to clarify for some that my questioning the officer having her k-9 in the position it was is not victimizing the player. I think what he did was understandable but stupid. I just don't think it's felony stupid and the very fact there is an investigation is what is ludicrous to me.
edit on 11-11-2015 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
That poor dog will be traumatized for the rest of its life...far out if king kong is ever playing in the background the poor thing might have a relapse

This is such a non issue i wish law enforcement could focus on actual criminals instead of this kind of rubbish....

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think it was all just a misunderstanding.

My German Shepard is a little rusty, but I think the player was trying to say, "There's a day old dead squirrel not far from here that you can roll in. Just be cool and keep your trap shut about what you smell in my pocket and I'll lead you to it."

To which the K-9 replied, "Your offer is tempting, but sorry dude. I get extra treats for busting black guys."

Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I always thought the mentality went that K9s are considered police officers, so if you shoot one in the line of duty, or assault one, or what have you, it's considered doing it to a police officer.

If that's true, don't we have freedom of speech against police officers, and as long as we're not communicating a verbal or physical threat, we're doing nothing wrong. So why is that different for K9s?

Maybe they're not as well trained (and by extension, their handlers) as they are let on to be?

If they pursue this in court, Pittsburgh will be even more hated than it already is. This is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Besides this being a very stoopid action on his part.. And he is damn lucky the dog didn't get loose..

The only thing I can add is

DAYUM! And they were actually having a decent season finally, like after a decade finally..

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
My question is "Was the dog barking at Ray-Ray? If so then the dog was harassing him. The town that I live in has two police dogs. One is pretty laid back, the other one will bark and snap at you at the drop of a hat. A few months ago an elderly woman was walking down the sidewalk when the dog jumped at the bars over the window of the police car and started barking and snarling. It startled the woman so badly that she fell and broke her hip.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Instead of worrying about whether or not it should be a felony, perhaps we should be concerned with why a professional athlete would behave in such a bizarre fashion toward a dog. If I was in charge of a team anyone acting like that would be immediately canned. Sports fans ought to demand better behavior from these overpaid athletes.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Instead of worrying about whether or not it should be a felony, perhaps we should be concerned with why a professional athlete would behave in such a bizarre fashion toward a dog. If I was in charge of a team anyone acting like that would be immediately canned. Sports fans ought to demand better behavior from these overpaid athletes.

Another of my beefs. It used to be that if you got even a DUI you were done, star or not. Now you can kill dogs, beat women, DUI your ass off and someone will let you play.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Another of my beefs. It used to be that if you got even a DUI you were done, star or not. Now you can kill dogs, beat women, DUI your ass off and someone will let you play.

Exactly! How anyone can support such players, I can't understand. I am not, to be fair, a sports fan, and couldn't care less who wins what. However, if I was, I wouldn't support any team that allowed violent players, or players on drugs, or whatever, to remain on the team. Being a celebrity should never be an excuse for bad and/or criminal behavior, yet, with too many people, it is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join