It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Example of why one should be allowed to possess/carry a firearm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan
a reply to: network dude

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I don't possess any magical skills to make things disappear or reappear even. Are you referencing a story in a fake book to back you up. I also smile at people, ironically, at people who don't realise reality.

The Bible is a very real book. I assure you that most people on the planet can put their hands on one within a short period of time. It's content or relevance is not in question here. Do you doubt that rocks have been used to kill people?

Your argument is poor. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Once you can fully grasp that, you may start to understand human nature and look for solutions to real problems and not just blame inanimate objects for your misplaced anger.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

No knives in your house?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

PC Thanos, dam that's got a nice ring to it. Well the Infinity Gauntlet and everything associated with it isn't real so there's that.

a reply to: NewzNose

Unintended deaths yes, tragic to be sure. So what about intended deaths? Have more people been killed with cars etc intentionally than guns?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: anon72

I wouldn't be interested in carrying a firearm. Never used one and have no desire to use one. However, I think one's perspective changes quickly when you or your family members are looking down the barrel of a gun. If we all looked at these mass shootings with an open mind, many of us would probably say if someone possessed a firearm, the shooter would come up on the losing end. Many lives would be saved.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Sure I have, designed with cooking in mind. Sure they can kill people but their primary function is in the kitchen, not to maim or kill.

Seriously all these gun fanatics grasping at straws. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon, this is not the argument here. The argument is what that devices primary function is.

Have fun worshipping your weapons of death. I'm out.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Like I said, knives. Their primary function being hunting, ie maiming and killing animals. Sure, you may have one designed for a kitchen. Just like some people have guns not designed to kill.

How about a fishing rod?
edit on 11 11 2015 by SlowNail because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Who is a terrorist now? The definition has been changed . Anyone?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I don't think the intentional death by vehicle is as news worthy as death by firearm. I think we'd be surprised by how many people kill themselves and intentionally others by their vehicled. The death by gun stats include suicides so you gotta include suicide in a vehicle too. Also, there are trains, buses, aircraft, metros, subways, that have a higher death count than gun deaths.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
amazing how this thread turned into this. Odd

Fact of the matter.... you should have a gun-know how and when to use it.

I bet you there are one heck of a lot of people in Europe (being over run by "refugees" wish they had the 2nd admendment

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

i disagree. People can harm other people without guns. They did for thousands of years. What guns do is provide an equalizing force, so that the more defenseless can defend themselves against the more capable. That's the whole point.

When someone wants to commit violence, they will do so, with or without guns. Sticks and rocks are plentiful.

Defending my family is important. I hope I never have to shoot someone, but I will, without hesitation, if they threaten my kids. They do that, believe me, the bullet will be a mercy.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

a reply to: SlowNail

Sure I have, designed with cooking in mind. Sure they can kill people but their primary function is in the kitchen, not to maim or kill.

Seriously all these gun fanatics grasping at straws. ANYTHING can be used as a weapon, this is not the argument here. The argument is what that devices primary function is.

Have fun worshipping your weapons of death. I'm out.

So, if someone uses a tool, that constitutes worship for you? Strange way of thinking, if you ask me. Do you ever use a hammer? If you do, does that mean you worship hammers? See how that sounds?

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Dang, that bad guy DROPPED.

Excellent situational awareness by those two.

posted on Nov, 11 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

NSFW: citizens defending themselves with firearms
Warning: the 9/11 call after the song is very disturbing, timestop 3:45

I made and uploaded this little video celebrating those who have defended themselves with a firearm.
Comments are open, feel free to drop by and deposit as much hate at me as the reader wishes.
We should all be able to express ourselves.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Great video.

You know what I notice. The good people are shaken, upset, etc. THEY HAD TO DO IT.

They didn't go to work, or sitting at home etc, thinking... "Who will I kill or hurt today?" "Who will be my target, my victim?"

Thank you for posting.

AND THE SONG IS Darn Good Too!

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Religious...check
Zionist...check
Gun nut...check

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Anti-immigrant...check
Nationalist...check
Right-wing...check

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Logman

Everything you are not.

I'll wear them with honor.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I got to thinking abou this one. Good thing..... that it happened in another country.

If it would have happened in the USA, the two victims would be made out to be the bad guys and the Obama (In)Justice Department would have to step in and vilified them.

posted on Nov, 12 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A lot of you are thinking in a very rudimentary manner.

Yes, firearms are a tool and if you are going to kill a person, you'll do it whether you have a firearm or a lead pipe.

The problem is not the gun. The problem is the culture and society in the US that leaves people feeling as though they have no choice but to kill a person, for whatever reason.

Now, firearms make it easier. Firearms are accessible. More than 30 people are shot and murdered every day in the US, by firearms.

If you implement firearm control, less people will be killed. This is exhibited and proven beyond doubt. No matter how much you want to bawwwww, complain and give facile reasoning, it does not change the facts.

Of course, this is where most people leap off the deep end into bias and throw around BS in an effort to justify themselves. If they were to think, they'd realise that firearm legislation reform need not result in all firearms being seized.. But we all know what americans are like with their rights. STOP AND THINK.

If legislation were changed it would inevitably include requirements for licensing. So apply for a license!
Not only that, but it would save many, many lives. Especially of kids, who are known for making bad choices. Right now in the US, if you want a gun, go break into a house and steal it. Firearms should be a safe or otherwise locked up!

Responsibility and common sense have failed to prevent firearm related deaths. Now you have the alternative. You brought this on yourselves.. whinging and bitching won't change a thing. If you want to keep your guns, learn about legislation, join appropriate groups and make sure the inevitable legislative changes have input from those who care about retaining their firearms.
Or you can just complain online. Your choice.
edit on 12/11/2015 by LilFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Any instrument designed to maim or kill should never be made in the first place.

I guess we better not only ban firearms, but also pointy sticks.

Asinine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join