It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Missouri proves racial hypocrisy on Universities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You are not paying attention.

Racial tensions have been escalating on this campus since Ferguson. The black students have been complaining of harassment for quite a while now, with no actions being taken.

The association said in a letter Sunday to the system's governing body that there had been "an increase in tension and inequality with no systemic support" since last year's fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, which is about 120 miles east of Columbia.

www.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Then these instances where racial problems have happened should be accounted for.

They are not and the only grievance is a vague general claim of racism.

Someone yelling racial slurs does not equate to what they are claiming.

If it happened by people on campus then there would be video of it.

I think you are the one not following the story.

As far as I can tell the black group has paid people to driveby and yell stuff at them. cause no other person is mentioned anywhere except the pres.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Ok they say that, but what were the specific incidents? The article you source says that this all started with the exact timeline I gave.

The protests began after the student government president, who is black, said in September that people in a passing pickup truck shouted racial slurs at him. In early October, members of a black student organization said slurs were hurled at them by an apparently drunken white student.

What were the incidents afer Mike Brown's death that occurred? Why weren't they mentioned by student government president when he first went to social media to tell his story? In fact, he said

“I’d had experience with racism before, like microaggressions, but that was the first time I’d experienced in-your-face racism,” Head told a Missourian reporter.

www.columbiamissourian.com... 74.html

Ah yes, microagressions. Got it. This is so much worse than the basically the entirety of academia celebrating attacking "white privilege". But if white people were to complain about this they would be called babies and to they were racist.

Even if there were incidents of racism before the afore mentioned time line, they clearly didn't move into the realm of something like violence or we would have heard about it. So two people yelled the n word, and microagressions have been going on at Mizzou. So the chancellor makes it mandatory that all people on campus go through diversity training.

This is seen as not enough. Instead the demands are for people to acknowledge white privilge and that there white systems of power (seems a little more than a microagresssion towards whites doesn't it) to have quotas for hiring people of color, and to have the university president step down.

So what these horrible situations that have been going on to justify these outrageous demands, and if they were so bad, why haven't we heard of them?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Here is an article from USA Today that shows the issues you are talking about.

www.usatoday.com...

"I feel pretty isolated," said Yacim, who is black. "It is a predominantly white institution. And as a black student, there are times when i feel out of place. Seeing that minority students on campus can stick together and make things happen has been a really great experience. "

In their letter on Monday, student government leaders pointed to the university officials' "silence" in the aftermath of Ferguson as exacerbating tensions on campus. Butler, the student who went on the hunger strike, echoed the sentiment.

"In a post-Ferguson world, there was so much struggle on campus but administration refused to step in on our behalf and do the things they needed to do to make sure black students, brown students and all marginalized students are feeling safe and included on this campus," Butler said

So there are more white people around, and the president didn't say anything about Mike Brown. That's it? I can not believe how pathetic this story is.
edit on 9-11-2015 by Grambler because: forgot source

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Grambler
Oh you were taking about campuses nation wide. Well then I call bs on the reverse not being true.

And if those white students are facing the same problems then they should stand up and protest too, not sure how it is hypocrisy for one side to stand up unless your implication it is the people protesting are the ones ganging up and beating people up like you say.

Is the fact that a Black person is 27x more likely to attack a White Person than the other way around not enough proof for you? We have unproven accusations of racial slurs being thrown around on campus and one confirmed case of a Swastika being drawn, which is more insulting to Jews than anyone and you are claiming this is enough to justify their list of demands? That this schools code of conduct be written by 'people of color'
edit on 9-11-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why would they? White kids are taught not to band together as a racial entity. If you do, this is taken as evidence that you can't wait to whip out sheets and start burning crosses on people's lawns or other, similarly unsavory things. As a white person, you are taught to be ashamed of yourself and your skin color and your very racial/ethnic identity. It's called white privilege and you better be ashamed to be alive with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I'm just curious how they know the swastika was done by a white racist. Wasn't there just a big racist incident at some college that turned out to have been done by a black kid?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I also love how the main spin on this story is that this was a heroic stand by the students of Mizzou, etc, yet NOT ONE person on ATS is able to defend why that is. when the issue is talked about in a clear factual manner, it is clear to see that this issue was intentionally blown out of proportion to achieve a preplanned agenda. The facts of the case are not welcome on most mainstream media outlets, because, once more,the narrative is more important than the facts. And so the beat goes on that universities like Missouri are bastions of conservative white racists and a few noble social justice warriors are valiantly fighting against the man, when we all know that couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why would they? White kids are taught not to band together as a racial entity. If you do, this is taken as evidence that you can't wait to whip out sheets and start burning crosses on people's lawns or other, similarly unsavory things. As a white person, you are taught to be ashamed of yourself and your skin color and your very racial/ethnic identity. It's called white privilege and you better be ashamed to be alive with it.

good point, the struggle is real for 18-32 white male, slowly dying.

who would ever associate an all white 'gathering' to have the least bit of racial connotation
the most racially motivated crimes were perpetrated by non-whites in recent history (this year) and older.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
I'm just curious how they know the swastika was done by a white racist. Wasn't there just a big racist incident at some college that turned out to have been done by a black kid?

This has happened in the past. www.nationalreview.com...

Included in this...

While returning to a dorm room last month, a black student at Grand Valley State University in Michigan was greeted by racist graffiti on a dry erase board on the door complete with a hanged stick figure labeled “black.” But on Friday, the Grand Valley Police Department reported that the owner of the board was the very person responsible for the racist remarks.

Now I am not saying that a white racists didn't draw the one in this incident, but the reaction in this situation will provide incentive for social justice warriors in universities all over the country to commit hoaxes. The fact that not one person has came on this thread disputing the facts of the case show that they feel the narrative of "whites commit systemic oppression against blacks and we must fight this" is more important than actual facts.

People need only draw a swastika in a restroom or claim someone yelled a racial slur to get curriculum totally changed, and get exactly who they want hired to positions they want. If people questions this story, they are a racist. And the main stream media will hail you as a hero.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Just curious, have you found any of these incidents other than what was previously mentioned of the racism occurring on campus? With all of the media coverage of this, I am sure some more must have been reported.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
first im hearing of this. sounds like a tempest in a teacup to me.

and it sounds way to stupid for me to even participate in. Like something out of South Park.

Utterly asinine.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I live in a town with 3% of the population being black. We are predominantly white and latino. A 400 seat call center I worked at went through an EEOC audit because a former employee alleged that our lack of black management was evidence of discrimination (we had about 25 members of management, none black at that time). The EEOC audit was very painful. They dig deep, accuse you of racism in the most subtle of ways, etc. In the end: it was deemed that our having 2 black managers in the sites history (only 7 years at that time) was well in line with the community demographics, and the claim was considered unfounded.

That is kinda what I am seeing here. What percentage of black high school students graduate and go on to college in Missouri? Are black people under represented on campus because of discrimination or is it participation?

If there is a lack of participation, then that might indicate that the discrimination happened long before Mizzou.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I live in a town with 3% of the population being black. We are predominantly white and latino. A 400 seat call center I worked at went through an EEOC audit because a former employee alleged that our lack of black management was evidence of discrimination (we had about 25 members of management, none black at that time). The EEOC audit was very painful. They dig deep, accuse you of racism in the most subtle of ways, etc. In the end: it was deemed that our having 2 black managers in the sites history (only 7 years at that time) was well in line with the community demographics, and the claim was considered unfounded.

That is kinda what I am seeing here. What percentage of black high school students graduate and go on to college in Missouri? Are black people under represented on campus because of discrimination or is it participation?

If there is a lack of participation, then that might indicate that the discrimination happened long before Mizzou.

Or that no discrimination occurred at all.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteMale

Well...there is something going on behind the low participation rate of black Americans in the collegiate scene.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What if the reasons have absolutely nothing to do with racism or discrimination?

Why are those the only explanations?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteMale
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What if the reasons have absolutely nothing to do with racism or discrimination?

Why are those the only explanations?

What if a frog had wings?

I smell what you are cooking, and it stinks.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I figured out how to prove racism.

By citing documented cases of racism and not a bunch of hypothetical garbage.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How DARE those black kids band together and show some solidarity over what they think is racism. The fools! And those black kids on the football how DARE they step out of line too! They are there to bring that Uni money, nothing else, who cares about their academics.

It's getting to the point that white people can't create a racially hostile environment anymore, this isn't the reason why the forefathers slaughtered the natives, enslaved another group while spewing FREEDOM!, and set up laws so that only wealthy and well to do white males could benefit.

What is this country coming to?

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

As a white person, you are taught to be ashamed of yourself and your skin color and your very racial/ethnic identity. It's called white privilege and you better be ashamed to be alive with it.

When did this come about? I've never been taught to be ashamed of my skin color, nor has anyone that I talk to. That is just extreme hyperbole, with a hint of childish zeal, that we would expect to come from someone at Fox or the Nutters at WND, but not an otherwise intelligent adult.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join