It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Missouri proves racial hypocrisy on Universities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
For those of you that haven't heard, the Missouri University has been in the news because there football team is considering refusing to play until the university president steps down or is fired. Here is a thread on it on ATS www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a timeline on the racial events at MU.

www.columbiamissourian.com... f74.html

So lets look at exactly what happened here.

Sept. 12: Missouri Students Association president Payton Head posts about a racial slur directed at him. He said someone yelled the n word at him from a truck, posted about it on facebook and it went viral. I think it is terrible that this happened to him, but this is hardly a huge deal. I am sure drunks yell inappropriate things everyday on campuses all over the country.

Oct. 5: Legion of Black Collegians members are the targets of racial slurs by a man on campus. So about a month later, another jerk using racial slurs in an argument with black people. Again, I don't defend this guy, but I don't see how this proves systemic racism. Call the authorities on this guy and be done with it.

Oct. 8: Loftin announces mandatory online diversity training for faculty, staff and students, which is met with widespread skepticism. So after only these two events, the chancellor announces diversity traing for the school. This actually seems beyond what I felt needed to be done. Two drunks shout a bad word and now the school totally changes their policies, costing who knows how much money. But still, this should prove that the school is looking out for minority students, right? Wrong! Activist say this is not enough!

Oct. 10: Members of Concerned Student 1950 protest during the MU Homecoming Parade, blocking a car carrying UM System President Tim Wolfe. So two days later, activist block a parade chanting about how the adminstration hasn't done enough to end discrimination. This is unbelievable. Remeber, up until this point, the only incidents were two drunks yelling the n word, and the university responding by making everyone take diversity classes. What do these people want?

Oct. 21: Concerned Student 1950 issues a statement of demands, including a formal apology from Wolfe and his removal from office. Here is what they want. A week and a half later they release their demands. Here they are:

1. A news conference of Wolfe reading a handwritten, formal apology.

2. The immediate removal of Wolfe as UM System President.

3. Enforcement of mandatory racial awareness and inclusion curriculum for all faculty, staff and students, controlled by a board of color.

4. An increase in the percentage of black faculty and staff to 10 percent by the 2017-18 academic year, and the development by May 1 of a 10-year plan to promote a safer, more inclusive campus.

5. An increase in funding to hire more mental health professionals for the MU Counseling Center, particularly those of color, and more staff for the social justice centers on campus.

All of this because two drunks yelled the n word. Doesn't this seem dubious? This whole agenda seems like it was already in the works and that these racists that yelled these words were just the impetus to get this agenda enacted. How will hiring more mental health workers of color stop a drunk from yelling the n word?

Oct. 24: A swastika using human feces is drawn on a bathroom wall in MU's Gateway Hall. This seems like the worst of the incidents. Now keep in mind, this is already AFTER all of these demands were made. Even still, this just seems like a gross act of vandalism. I went to a state school on PA, and saw all manner of vial things wrote on bathroom stalls, about race going both ways, as well as sexual preference, weight, etc. The point is although smearing feces is unbelievably gross, there wasn't a specific threat or anything made to anyone. The activists demanding a total change in the hiring policies and curriculum changes and demanding the firing of the President were more than happy to show this as proof of why there demands need to be met.

Oct. 27: Concerned Student 1950 meets with Wolfe, but no issues are resolved. Members of the group said Wolfe did not agree to any of the demands they sent to him the previous week. Oh really? He didn't agree to make a humiliating apoplgy and step down and completely change his campus because two drunks yelled the n word. Who would have thought?

You can read the rest of the timeline on the source I linked, but basically it is just students having hunger strikes and people supporting them and football players striking.

So all of this outrage over two people yelling the n word. No violence, just words. and yet this story is receiving national media attention and people even on this site or expressing outrage over Mizzou's campus. This is ridiculous. Keep in mind, after the n word was yelled by two drunks, the school started to make everyone take sensitivity training, but this was not enough.

Now lets compare this to treatment of white students on campuses.

I was going to post examples, but just do a google search of the amounts of whites on campuses that are brutally attacked by blacks. The results are staggering. I looked to see the reverse of this, of gangs of whites beating up blacks, but couldn't find anything. Now I am not saying that al of these attacks are racially motivated, but that is certainly a possibility. Did any oof the football teams in these schools strike because of racial injustice? Did these schools issue sensitivity training on how to treat whites? Did activist demand the firing of university presidents and to hire more white professors and councilors? No not at all. And these were incidents of actual violence, not just drunks yelling an offensive word.

I am not naive. I know that blacks do experience racism in the real world. But it is time to be honest. Universities and Academia are almost entirely "progressive" (I hate these labels but don't know how else to phrase it). Being white or any other member of the "dominant class" (such as male) is hugely disadvantaged in universities. You can get a degree on "white privilege" , you can protest whites on campus, you can even demand that curriculum be changed to accommodate a very small percentage of students, and no one bats an eye. The hypocrisy is overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The University president has resigned today.
Go figure.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, this is unbelievably stupid. Kids these days need to get beaten or maybe mauled by dogs if this is what passes for behaviour.. too damn entitled and too hopelessly brainwashed, these precious postmodern unique snowflake bozos with their pseudoscientific intersectionality bulls**t. I'm tired of these idealistic and moronic kids constantly demanding things. The only thing they truly deserve is a one way ticket to a gulag.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Is this what progress looks like?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Oh you were taking about campuses nation wide. Well then I call bs on the reverse not being true.

And if those white students are facing the same problems then they should stand up and protest too, not sure how it is hypocrisy for one side to stand up unless your implication it is the people protesting are the ones ganging up and beating people up like you say.
edit on thMon, 09 Nov 2015 11:53:22 -0600America/Chicago1120152280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The students are failures as humans.

The reported incidents do not equate to anything other than soon all these kids will have to grow up and face the music of being used in a whole new way.

Soon no person will care if they see some blacks marching.

They will be on their own when the real racism shows up just like the boy who cried wolf.

They had the future well in grasp then they sold out to the liberals that seek destruction.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You're dead on. But the chink in the armour of todays race-peddlers in school is the Asian students, who far exceed both whites and blacks in school performance, yet are systematically refused entry due to being over "represented". School admittance policies are in fact becoming more racist in order to accommodate this narrative. Of course, no one dares discusses this very real racial injustice.
edit on 9-11-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Wonder how many professors will be fired because they are the wrong color?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The MU story proves up the racial hypocrisy through out the entire US!

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Couple this with Yale students being "traumatized" by the "micro-aggression" of an email suggesting COLLEGE AGE students respect "diversity" with their choice (if any) of Halloween attire, and further suggesting said COLLEGE AGE STUDENTS "look away" from costumes (i.e. freedom of expression) they find "offensive."

A husband and wife "masters" of one of the Yale Colleges emailed their students suggesting tolerance and respect, but supported free speech ON HALLOWEEN COSTUMES and THAT offended the perpetually offended so that they are calling for the firings of the "masters" and (on an IVY LEAGUE COLLEGE CAMPUS) a diversity committede to approve HALLOWEEN COSTUME choice in the future.

Now, Yale gets about 27,000 applications a year; admitting 2,000. Two thousand who will have employment doors open to them for just ATTENDED Yale...yet THIS is the "quality" of student they accept.

Makes the $5k Community College degree look better and better.

Now, I must regress back to my "safe space" in the event some on ATS post micro (or worse yet!) macro aggressions towards my post. Also, I shall be listening for any and all dog whistles...(terminology of such I see as BLATANT discrimination against cats and household reptiles)...
edit on 9-11-2015 by Glinda because: Typos

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

I wouldn't last 2 weeks in today's universities not to mention the job force. I am fortunate to be semi-retired.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I learned a "skill" when I went to a Community College post high school. I didn't have the monetary largesse to be "molded" just trained.

How much any of us want to bet the CRYBULLIES will next complain about their COLLEGE DEBT!

50k a year to quiver in a dorm room because a group of Frat Rats decided to be the Village People one October 31st...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What do these people want?

They want to change the world. Sadly their misguided attempts at establishing a legacy for themselves is hurting everyone else in the process.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hopefully student groups at the University of North Texas will stand up and force professor Dorothy Bland to resign next.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteMale
So I see you had to run and make a screenname just so you could post on the racial threads?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Oh you were taking about campuses nation wide. Well then I call bs on the reverse not being true.

I am not sure what you are saying here. Are you claiming that universities are actually set up allow white voices and discriminate against black ones? If you could please provide an example of that happening. I can show you tons of examples of universities sanctioning attacking white privilege, giving degrees out for it, and ignoring attacks against whites.

And if those white students are facing the same problems then they should stand up and protest too, not sure how it is hypocrisy for one side to stand up unless your implication it is the people protesting are the ones ganging up and beating people up like you say.

They can't protest or they would be labeled racists. Even on ATS when members question the narrative of white privilege or suggest black violence against whites they are labeled as racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Are you going to force me to resign and marginalize my opinion by calling me a racist and a bigot?

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh and Obama's press secretary couldn't be more pleased.

“I think this also illustrates something that the president talked a lot about in the context of – in his campaign, that a few people speaking up and speaking out can have a profound impact on the communities where we live and work,” he said during the daily press briefing today."

“That’s the kind of dialogue and work and unity that the Mizzou community is going to need to make progress on this issue,” Earnest said, in reaction to the decision calling it “a testament to the courage of the people on campus.”

www.breitbart.com...

Of course this makes Obama happy. Keep in mind what happened, two drunks yelled a racial slur and then a bunch of students made demands to increase quotas for more minorities, get the pres of the university to acknowledge his white privilege and resign, among other things, and the administration hails this as a heroic thing and I quote

" a few people speaking up and speaking out can have a profound impact on the communities where we live and work"

This is what it is all about. A few people brow beating everyon and shaming them and calling them racists so that they can change our institutions to fit there vision of eliminating "white privilege".

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I also notice how none of the people that were on the other thread hailing these protesters as heroes for making the president step down have anything to say when the time line of the events is actually broken down.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Diversity training to to take away the liability from an establishment & place the responsibility on an individual for what may be deemed offensive.
Regardless of difference, everyone has something to contribute.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join