It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Student Tackled in Her Desk By Cops Because She Smoked a Cigarette Outside

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Cigarettes are now part of the "war on drugs" it appears. As usual, they confiscated the video but didn't know about a 2nd one.

Video at link.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Glen Ellyn, IL — Slammed to the ground and manhandled on video, a former student filed a civil rights lawsuit in federal court Thursday against two campus police officers for using excessive force and threatening to fire a Taser at another student recording the arrest. Warned for smoking a cigarette outside, the student was followed into the class and arrested for trespassing after showing the cops her student ID.

On December 7, 2014, Jaclyn Pazera stepped outside during a break between classes with several of her classmates from the College of DuPage to smoke cigarettes. According to Pazera’s lawsuit, Officer Vallardes approached the group and gave them a verbal warning for smoking on campus. After Vallardes asked Pazera and her classmates for identification, Pazera told the campus cop that she had accepted his warning, put out her cigarette, and began walking to class.

Vallardes called for backup as he followed Pazera to her philosophy class. Accompanied by Officer Tamurrino, Vallardes entered the classroom and shouted at the teacher, “Is that your student?”

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Nov 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed huge quote...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Absolutely unacceptable. It's beyond insane how the public treats tobacco use these days and is a large part of why I no longer interact with society anymore. Tobacco use should be treated as nothing more than "Oh, you smoke. whatever." and the bans are one of the dumbest, most liberty-restricting choices allowed by our citizens due to the elaborate propaganda that they eat up like candy.

To cause physical discomfort or harm to someone over this is way more disgusting than a non-smoker being subjected to harmless tobacco smoke. People need to wake up and grow a pair. They've lost their minds.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Here's one version from Youtube, more crazy uniforms.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's a wonder we still have any freedom at all, used to be university was for independent thought and study, now it's group think psychosis gone wild.

We can only look forward to mundacity with the young adults coming from institutions that so well promote allegience of the type being sold.
edit on 6-11-2015 by Phoenix because: Sp

link   
LOL....campus police....nothing better to do. These guys were wanna be real police but couldn't cut the mustard.

link   
a reply to: gottaknow

I dunno in a lot of cases it's the smokers own fault. Take my job. There's a smoking area, it will be removed soon because despite the company time and time again telling smokers to leave their cigarette butts in the designated places they still toss them all over the parking lot and in the flower beds on their way back inside. When it's removed permanently they only have themselves to blame. They've warned them as nicely as they could, then told them, one more time and it's it for it. Still happening. Finally slightly less though. Honestly they've been given chance after chance after chance.

To a degree one has to take some responsibility for the actions of themselves and their own on the change in the status quot. To pretend all smokers are respectful innocent victims is a very dishonest view.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Freaking fascist cops.

I hope she takes them for all they have.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
She should get some guys from the wrestling and football teams to perform a citizen's arrest on the campus cop for assault. Maybe a law student should witness the event to insure that the campus cop's arms were legally broken because he resisted arrest.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Freaking fascist cops.

I hope she takes them for all they have.

Won't be much...their campus police....paid about as well as a gas station attendant. They were likely just pissed off at the world because they couldn't be real police officers and when a student doesn't show them respect they lose it....it's likely they are already fired and doubtful they will ever work as a semi-police officer ever again. These are the types that buy all kinds of military clothing and gear and pretend to be high speed.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Liberals create these Nazi colleges. Smoke free zones, gender free-for-all bathrooms and when they got up in their own crap then they cry like babies. I really don't have much sympathy for Liberals in colleges.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
nvm

edit on 6-11-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

"If you can talk, you can breathe" so use more force, meaning the goal is to make you stop breathing?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Retired Facilities Engineer, no matter whether smokers or non-smokers many office workers are lazy, slovenly and spoiled rotten child like creatures who expect everyone else to clean up their messes.

My crew preferred policing butt over cleaning up half eaten lunch trash and wondered continually if bathroom manners were picked up in third world nations.

Mind you, I'm at the time going around completely NOT impressed by credentials hanging on walls knowing how utterly piggish these people really were.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask

Liberals create these Nazi colleges. Smoke free zones, gender free-for-all bathrooms and when they got up in their own crap then they cry like babies. I really don't have much sympathy for Liberals in colleges.

I have to laugh when someone uses the words 'liberal' and 'nazi' to describe the same thing.

Do you agree with how these officers handled the situation?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TycoonBarnaby

I have to laugh when someone uses the words 'liberal' and 'nazi' to describe the same thing.

Yeah,

Liberals and Progressives have been used interchangably (guilty of it myself).

The Progressives, similar to NeoCons are the ones who worship Authoritarianism and believe in exerting force with the power of the state.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

Why do you laugh when someone uses Nazi and Liberals interchangeably? If they wanted to talk to her outside the classroom so they wouldn't disrupt the class and she refused, and then it lead to this situation, then I don't have a problem. I mean we can't have people deciding whether or not they want to go with law enforcement because nobody would go.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah,

Liberals and Progressives have been used interchangably (guilty of it myself).

The Progressives, similar to NeoCons are the ones who worship Authoritarianism and believe in exerting force with the power of the state.

Exactly! Like the big push now by the Liberal Nazi's is to jail people who deny climate change. That sounds Nazish to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Why do you laugh when someone uses Nazi and Liberals interchangeably? If they wanted to talk to her outside the classroom so they wouldn't disrupt the class and she refused, and then it lead to this situation, then I don't have a problem. I mean we can't have people deciding whether or not they want to go with law enforcement because nobody would go.

I laugh because the definitions of those two words are not at all similar. Maybe I should state this: I don't self identify as a "liberal", "nazi", "progressive", "neocon" etc.

By all means, you are free to believe and go along with whatever a law enforcement officer tells you to do. Enjoy your authoritarianism.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I laugh because the definitions of those two words are not at all similar. Maybe I should state this: I don't self identify as a "liberal", "nazi", "progressive", "neocon" etc.

By all means, you are free to believe and go along with whatever a law enforcement officer tells you to do. Enjoy your authoritarianism.

So if some man rapes your mother and the police spot him and pull him over then asks him to step out of the car to answer some questions, and he says "no" you are okay with that? I know her issue was a cigarette but violators of laws cannot pick and choose when they want to talk to police. Like I said earlier maybe they just wanted to talk to her.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So if some man rapes your mother and the police spot him and pull him over then asks him to step out of the car to answer some questions, and he says "no" you are okay with that? I know her issue was a cigarette but violators of laws cannot pick and choose when they want to talk to police. Like I said earlier maybe they just wanted to talk to her.

No one is ever required to talk to a law enforcement officer. If the law enforcement officers have reasonable suspicion to detain someone for rape, then they can arrest them. STILL, the person being arrested does not have to talk to the law enforcement officers. Learn the laws you are subjected to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join