It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Things are not always what they appear. I believe the nominee will be Jeb. His family is crazy, yet very powerful. Look what they did in Florida.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is a forum about conspiracy theories.

What fun would it be if people couldn't get their jollies by proving how ignorant I am.

i'm at your service, I have been reading some new interesting stuff actually.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I wonder, if you're right, does that mean the GOP wants Trump, then? Or will they go after him when the time comes? Hmmm...

It's just a matter of time until Trump bails and leaves Jeb to pick up the slack.

Jeb's campaign is on life support. Right now, after Trump and Carson the next two are Rubio and Cruz.

I don't think so...

It's the old "rope a dope" technique. Jeb has the pedigree, the money, and the Military/industrial corporate cabal behind him. That's POWER...real POWER...not kind of power you get at Tparties.

The neocons never relinquished any power just because Obama was in the WH.

Think so?

Top Jeb fundraisers leave campaign amid troubling signs

Jeb Bush loses the money race that counts

Donors warn Jeb Bush: You’ve got a month to turn your polling around before we start bailing

Seriously, Jeb is hanging on by a thread at this point.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's the liberal media repeating what they did 4 years ago to Herman Cane. An African American CANNOT be allowed to succeed on a GOP ticket because it violates the media's fabricated narrative of a party of racists. God help anyone who tries to prove the liberal media is full of snip up to their eyeballs.

Liberal Media?

Carson admitted it. He copped to it and is now apologizing. He did it to himself with his fabrications.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's the liberal media repeating what they did 4 years ago to Herman Cane. An African American CANNOT be allowed to succeed on a GOP ticket because it violates the media's fabricated narrative of a party of racists. God help anyone who tries to prove the liberal media is full of snip up to their eyeballs.

I've never understood this "liberal media" stuff. There are enough wealthy conservatives that can buy entire networks and create their own in order to suit the conservative agenda.

Simply complaining about media bias while simultaneously never doing anything about it (beyond creating one network: FOX News) seems like an ongoing excuse to garner sympathy and pity.

The conservative axiom and creed of self-sufficiency and responsibility to improve one's situation themselves doesn't seem to apply to their problems with media exposure. If conservative politicians are such victims of liberal media, then why don't they create 3-4 more conservative cable networks, a few more AM radio shows, and buy out some existing websites?

I think it's more effective to use the media bias issue as an excuse, and be seen as martyr/victims, deflecting issues and garnering sympathy through emotional responses from voters.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And in any case about media bias -- I thought FOX News was the #1 news network in the country -- can we really claim that FOX has a problem with liberal media bias there? So if the #1 network doesn't have liberal media bias...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, liberal media.

How long is Hillary Clinton's list of lies, infractions, and crimes? How often does the liberal media present anything on that list in the caustic "deal breaker" manner they reported on Cane or are reporting on Carson?

The preface of "Dreams of my Father," Obama's autobiography has two caveats itself:
"Although much of this book is based on contemporaneous journals or the oral histories of my family, the dialogue is necessarily an approximation of what was actually said or relayed to me."
and
"For the sake of compression, some of the characters that appear are composites of people, I've known, and some events appear out of precise chronology."

Hell, the man fabricated a story in the book about his mother's dying days to add personal momentum to his universal healthcare plan... he lied about his own mother's dying days.

Where was the self righteous manufactured outrage? Where was the liberal media? Oh wait, that's right, Mr Obama's associations with the Weather Underground terrorists, his lies, and his foibles were not on the table because he fit the desired narrative. Every single person who talks out of their ass about how "Candidate XYZ isn't like the other candidates, he's not a puppet, he's not hand chosen, etc" and then participates in this stupid, arrogant, and childish Carson bashing over things that bear absolutely zero relevance to the role of president is a hypocrite.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I suggest this song as his new campaign song:

BYE BYE LOVE ― i can't feel this way much longer expecting to survive / with all the hidden innuendoes just waiting to arrive / it's such a wavy midnight and you slip into insane / electric angel rock and roller i hear what you're playing / it's an orangy sky always it's some other guy / it's just a broken lullaby bye bye love / substitution mass confusion clouds inside your head / involving all my energies until you visted / fogging all my energies until you visited / eyes of porcelain and blue they shock me into sense / you think you're so illustrious you call yourself intense

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bye, bye, Ben!

Before he leaves will he claim this Michael Jackson song was actually about him?

edit on 6-11-2015 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And in any case about media bias -- I thought FOX News was the #1 news network in the country -- can we really claim that FOX has a problem with liberal media bias there? So if the #1 network doesn't have liberal media bias...

I've said FOX is a liberally compromised network for many years. Were you not paying attention when they bent over backwards to get Obama to sit down for an interview with O'Reiley? Their biased, they just aren't entirely co-opted by the liberal machine like MSNBC is.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Okay, so the conservatives (the real conservatives, not those phony ones) have no media outlets that are fair to them. Why aren't they solving this problem, and instead complaining about "unfair treatment"?

So when someone points to a conservative news source, and that source itself can't make conservative candidates look amazing -- then it must be compromised and not "hardcore" enough?

Can there ever be a news source that is "conservative enough", or will it too be labeled as liberally compromised if they have to admit fault with a conservative candidate?

EDIT: Basically what I'm hearing is that any news source that doesn't confirm your biases/beliefs isn't conservative enough?
edit on 6-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
No, Ben Carson Didn't Lie About West Point. It's Another Media Hit Job.

www.dailywire.com...

In fact, that’s exactly what Carson’s campaign manager said to Politico in an email:

Dr. Carson was the top ROTC student in the City of Detroit. In that role he was invited to meet General Westmoreland. He believes it was at a banquet. He can’t remember with specificity their brief conversation but it centered around Dr. Carson’s performance as ROTC City Executive Officer. He was introduced to folks from West Point by his ROTC Supervisors. They told him they could help him get an appointment based on his grades and performance in ROTC. He considered it but in the end did not seek admission.

But here’s how Politico editorialized: “When presented with this evidence, Carson’s campaign conceded the story was false.”

Did Carson stand in front of a camera and say he lied?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The internet has several solid conservative news outlets. Television is a dying medium where actual news is concerned. Many of us on the right side of the spectrum haven't relied on TV news for anything significant information-wise in many years.

FOX News is #1 because old people watch it. That's a solid fact, too. Almost everyone over 60 that I've known has their TV set to FOX, probably because FOX has larger on-screen text crawlers and more comfortable on-air personalities. If you doubt this, visit the TV room in a nursing home sometime...

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Mr. Carson described how he decided which college to attend: “I still had the scholarship offer from West Point as a result of my R.O.T.C. achievements.”

More recently, in a Facebook post in August responding to a question, he addressed a question about whether he was offered a slot at West Point, writing that he was “thrilled to get an offer from West Point.”
Technically, West Point does not offer scholarships; it is free to attend.

Source
edit on 11/6/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Agreed...tv is a dying breed for news. Newspapers are all but finished!

Perhaps in another decade or two the playing field will be more level with those conservative websites you mentioned being pit against progressive websites. It seems the internet can act as an equalizer, as anyone that can build a website can be seen.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Many of us on the right side of the spectrum

OT, but I wish you would make a thread about what the GOP offers you on a personal level, or a state level, or any level actually, and invite other members of the GOP to do the same.

See, I honestly can't figure it out.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I imagine that the only reason that Ben Carson is in this is because the GOP wanted to appear to be diverse. They have Ben Carson, Marco Rubio and Carly Fiorina. They can claim diversity but it is a mirage.

They removed all doubt about being open and fair after they tried to screw Ron Paul in 2012.
How the Republican Party stole the Nomination from Ron Paul

Is Ron Paul getting unfair media treatment?

Romney admits GOP stole 2012 nomination for him

The GOP does not care what voters want. They want voters to care about what the GOP wants.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Carson campaign just came out accusing Politico story as "an outright lie"

dailycaller.com...

Sorry, due to my computer freezing as I keep trying to open the article fully, I haven't been able to read the whole article here.
If someone can copy and post it, I'd really appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It will get skewed online just as it did on TV. Policies like the Fairness Doctrine and the media provisions in the TPP will ultimately crush anything other than the narratives TPTB want. Those powers seem to drift socially and economically liberal and decidedly corporatist.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The GOP is really ramping up the "liberal media" rhetoric this year too with Priebus calling off the debate on NBC because everyone is apparently picking on his poor poor defenseless candidates (*cry*). It's part of the broader victimization narrative that's become the core of conservatism over the last 7 years.

Meanwhile, Fox News has a 60%+ market share of cable news, probably a 90%+ share of talk radio, roughly an equal share of the newspaper market and more wingnut news websites and news blogs than you can shake a stick at. They don't seem to dominate network news but they're certainly not suffering from under representation when it comes to media bias.
edit on 2015-11-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join