It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Carson claimed West Point 'scholarship' but never applied

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Or, my other theory is that Trump is behind this. Trump has a lot of money...and he just seems like the kind of businessman who would "know people". Carson is a front runner in the polls and a threat to Trump. I can imagine an angry trump pushing a duffell bag full of cash across his desk, and saying to a shady "fixer" type guy..."Make Carson disappear!"

I feel like I am watching a bad movie.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I wonder, if you're right, does that mean the GOP wants Trump, then? Or will they go after him when the time comes? Hmmm...

It's just a matter of time until Trump bails and leaves Jeb to pick up the slack.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I wonder, if you're right, does that mean the GOP wants Trump, then? Or will they go after him when the time comes? Hmmm...

It's just a matter of time until Trump bails and leaves Jeb to pick up the slack.

Jeb's campaign is on life support. Right now, after Trump and Carson the next two are Rubio and Cruz.

link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It started I think with questions by reporters about the story from the book about attempting to stab one of his friends only to hit a belt buckle and break the blade of the knife. He credits this to divine intervention and points to the incident as the turning point in his life.

From what I can readily recall from what I've overheard while programming this morning, that story has changed a few times and the "friend" was actually a relative and there's a man who is supposedly one of his closest childhood friends who doesn't remember any of that happening and couldn't imagine him ever trying to stab anyone.

EDIT:

Here you go, Huffington Post - Ben Carson Clarifies That He Tried To Stab 'A Close Relative'

CNN investigated the anecdote this week, talking to nine people who knew Carson during his childhood. The network reported Thursday that none of the sources recalled Carson having a temper as a teenager, and that they expressed disbelief at the violent stories in the book.

In the book, Carson claims he threw a knife at a friend named Bob. He later admitted using a pseudonym to protect the person's identity, but didn't disclose this to readers.

On Thursday, he defended his handling of the controversy, arguing that he wanted "to protect the innocent" and clarifying that the person "was a close relative of mine."

Carson called CNN's investigation into the story "silly" and said the reporting tried to paint him as "a pathological liar."

edit on 2015-11-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

link   
So Carson get nailed on this, but Frosty the Hag (Hillary) gets a pass when she lied about having to corkscrew land in a plane while under sniper fire. Hey MSM your double standard is showing again.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes on ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It might not even be just Trump. When we say "GOP" it could be several candidates who all have a common interest in seeing Carson drop out. They could all be pooling resources right now in an effort to discredit the man and get him to drop out.

I may disagree with his politics, and even think his particular brand of faith not my cup-o-tea ... but as a fellow human being, I feel for the guy, as he sincerely wants to make the country better in his own way (which isn't my way).

I can't fault the man for that, and I can't fault him for not matching my own personal politics. I honestly think he's probably a really nice guy who I'd enjoy chatting with, I just don't share his vision for America.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Enochstask
So Carson get nailed on this, but Frosty the Hag (Hillary) gets a pass when she lied about having to corkscrew land in a plane while under sniper fire. Hey MSM your double standard is showing again.

They all lie, just watch who the MSM goes after the least, that is who they have chosen.

link   

So after getting called out for lying about the media not vetting Obama during his Presidency, you jump to the next politician from the left you can lie about to pull the thread OT?

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

They all lie, just watch who the MSM goes after the least, that is who they have chosen.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Or, my other theory is that Trump is behind this. Trump has a lot of money...and he just seems like the kind of businessman who would "know people". Carson is a front runner in the polls and a threat to Trump. I can imagine an angry trump pushing a duffell bag full of cash across his desk, and saying to a shady "fixer" type guy..."Make Carson disappear!"

I feel like I am watching a bad movie.

Well, let's be honest here...

Trump is a "larger than life" type person -- he's a "character" for sure...he has a flair for dramatics, and movie plots DO come from somewhere...

Sometimes instead of art imitating life, life imitates art?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I'm pretty sure your quote is wrong, George Bush said it best.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

First, you bring up Obama and now Hillary. What are you trying to do? Obama was vetted, Hillary was, and is being, vetted. So far, they have both survived. And NEITHER was "given a pass" on anything.

And now, Carson is being vetted. Whether the people will accept him, forgive him and continue to support him or run from him like lemmings, is yet to be determined.

Running for president is a TOUGH job! No one "gets a pass"...

Is there another person you'd like to drag into this thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes you could and still can, if some one calls you a racist just for it then that is on them.

If you know you are not then who cares.

What in the book needs to be vetted?
Y'all keep bringing it up that we all missed something, well what is it?

God I hope you come back with a birther stand point.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So after getting called out for lying about the media not vetting Obama during his Presidency, you jump to the next politician from the left you can lie about to pull the thread OT?

If you cannot see that Obama was not properly vetted like they are doing to Carson then that's your problem. It's not my job to bring you up to speed in life.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Jeb's campaign is on life support. Right now, after Trump and Carson the next two are Rubio and Cruz.

I don't think so...

It's the old "rope a dope" technique. Jeb has the pedigree, the money, and the Military/industrial corporate cabal behind him. That's POWER...real POWER...not kind of power you get at Tparties.

The neocons never relinquished any power just because Obama was in the WH.
edit on 6-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

First, you bring up Obama and now Hillary. What are you trying to do? Obama was vetted, Hillary was, and is being, vetted. So far, they have both survived. And NEITHER was "given a pass" on anything.

And now, Carson is being vetted. Whether the people will accept him, forgive him and continue to support him or run from him like lemmings, is yet to be determined.

Running for president is a TOUGH job! No one "gets a pass"...

Just pointing out the media bias. Again!

Is there another person you'd like to drag into this thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

it still makes me laugh

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's the liberal media repeating what they did 4 years ago to Herman Cane. An African American CANNOT be allowed to succeed on a GOP ticket because it violates the media's fabricated narrative of a party of racists. God help anyone who tries to prove the liberal media is full of snip up to their eyeballs.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you cannot see that Obama was not properly vetted like they are doing to Carson then that's your problem. It's not my job to bring you up to speed in life.

Yea... I think the birther controversy ALONE trumps anything being done to Carson now. So you are wrong, but hey thanks for playing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join