It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal only KFC in ENGLAND refuses to serve bacon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Interesting display of hypocrisy going on in this thread right now.

If the white guy gets offended because fast food chain he frequents suddenly changes its menu to suit a particular religious minority the attitude is "suck it up" But if said minority gets offended at bacon being on a menu in a restaurant that has served it for years, it's like you HAVE to change for us.

Another example of trying to muscle in and make ME change for YOU.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This thread reminds of how children act when they are told they cannot have something...they automatically want it now..

So one KFC doesn't serve bacon, author of thread and supporters have never been there and also may not have ordered anything with bacon..but now this is a big issue..

A child s intellect is growing and not expected to know much ...that is why is bigots are similar to children they both are ignorant of certain things but the difference is..children tend to grow out of it..while bigots enjoy ignorance..

edit on 6-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

If the white guy gets offended because fast food chain he frequents suddenly changes its menu to suit a particular religious minority the attitude is "suck it up" But if said minority gets offended at bacon being on a menu in a restaurant that has served it for years, it's like you HAVE to change for us.

Wow so this particular KFC is yours or you eat there on a regular basis?
If not tell me how this particular action effects you personally?...MAKE IT GOOD..

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

LOL If the biggest problem you're having in life is not being able to get bacon at a non-local KFC, then you should be thanking God for how good your life is. There's a meme called "First World Problems" that you should look into just to see why so many of us aren't taking you seriously.

And no one's forcing you to change anything. Like "lucifershiningone" asked in his/her post, how does this particular KFC's decision not to serve pig affect you personally? Because it sounds like you're just trying to get people worked up over something that literally has no effect on you whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: anticitizen

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: anxiouswens

Get over it dude.

1. The store doesn't have to sell bacon, just as it doesn't have to sell goat, octopus, horse meat, or anything else.

2. If you want bacon on your KFC, bring "bacon bits" or something similar then add it to your food. Duh.

3. Bacon isn't only against Halal foods rules, it's also against Kosher food rules. In fact, Kosher rules are far more restrictive than Halal rules. So what's the real problem here?

4. Who complains about Kentucky Fried Chicken not serving bacon? That's like complaining because Pizza Hut doesn't serve gumbo and Dairy Queen doesn't serve shrimp.

First world problems, man...

you have bo clue what it means for an animal to be slaughtered the halal way.
that's no first world problem - it's an ethic problem and a problem of letting islam force its medieval ideology on us.

will muslims be harmed if they eat normal meat?
no?
then they can eat it, period.

I'm a vegetarian. There's literally no safe or humane way to kill animals, much less the 30 million or so cows killed in the US every year. Have you even seen the conditions in slaughterhouses?

Also, Halal slaughtering methods vary depending on the region, just as every other culture's killing methods vary depending on the region. The animal's throat is usually slit so the animal bleeds out. It's one of the least painful methods of killing from the animal's perspective.

On the other hand, I've seen octopus eaten alive in some restaurants & lobsters boiled alive in others. And aren't oysters also eating alive after forcibly tearing their shells open? Where's the outrage there?

And let's not talk about the countless millions of animal "pests" that all "civilized" cultures routinely slaughter. Have you seen the barbaric techniques used to kill rats, like drowning them to death; glue traps which break their limbs & starve them; poisons which can kill them instantly or that have a delayed effect so they can bring it into their nests; or just flat out breaking their necks w/traps then letting them suffer until they die.

And what about the techniques used to kill chickens, like wringing their necks or decapitating them (then letting their bodies run around until they die). Or the bolts shot into horses' heads which don't kill them instantly. And like I said, have you actually seen the slaughtering methods for killing cows in non-Halal slaughterhouses?

EDIT: In other words, you only have a problem with Halal methods because they're different from what you're used to. If you actually had a problem with the ways to kill animals, you'd be vegetarian like I am.

hold in mate.

1. i'm almost complete vegetarian.
don't see need for meat but we're talking about meateaters, no?

2. are you really justifying halal slaughtering because you've seen worse mothods of slaughtering?
you don't sound like you're defending animals - you rather sound like defending muslims!
i prefer to be stunned bevore i get my throat cut alive, which the muslims do.

3. again: why the need to slaughter the halal way?
what positive effecte does this method have except for the muslims who forced another way of their culture on us?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I agree. Why would you want to eat bacon in a KFC?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

There will still be Mono Dyglycerides in the food in my opinion, and MD's have porc..I suppose they will have to stay at home to enjoy home cooked meals instead..both the halal and kashrut crowds..

Want a cookie anyone?
edit on 7-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You know it's a none story, a single example, written to get people like you fire up? Just ignore it and move on.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263 they need their daily 2 minutes hate. It's what big brother would have wanted.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
To acquire Halal certification, payment is required to the endorsing body (the Islamic Council) and involves a number of site inspections of both growers and processors in order to ensure that practices comply with the conditions of Halal certification.
It is important to note that this does not reflect the quality of the food being processed or sold – it only means that the products are approved as being prepared in accordance with the traditions of the Muslim faith.

You have to wonder what kind of outrage would there be if some political Christan group asked to put a Christian symbol (or any other religious symbol) on food and also requiring that we send money to the Christian organization for the right to do so. Many might add that money paid to ANY Muslim 'organization' ( these people ARE VERY 'organized') can easily find its way into the hands of Islamic extremist-fanatics and murderers, irrespective of assurances to the contrary.
What other assurances do we accept from Muslims? Oh, that's right, 'Islam is a religion of PEACE' so nothing to see there move along. Just another way to separate money from the producers to the scammers and religious thinkers.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
To me, large, well known 'food' companies such as McD and KFC or Subway may sell ribbish food but the beauty is that wherever you are in the world, you know what they sell and what it will taste like.
Whilst some countries have EXTRA items on the menu, but these are country wide and not just one branch plus these specials are based on a marketing idea and not religious belief.

Now in Britain, we also have specials sometimes, again, they will be country wide, some people may even have read about these Brit-specials and want to try them. So wherever you go in London or Manchester or Brighton, you'll get this item... or so you should...

If suddenly one rogue branch starts selling different food from the NORM of the franchise, and people come in and 'expect a certain food' but are not sold this item, [which can be bought in any other branch nearby], then they have to lose the franchises name, simple.

We had a rogue KFC in Cambridge, back in the 90s. It was like something out of a horror film. It was the largest one in town and used to be just as you expect.
Then when we went in one day, this is what greeted us.
Not all the lights were on, so there were dark areas and the whole atmos was weird. At the desk and in the kitchen were only 3 people. They didn't wear a KFC uniform and it all looked like your local kebab shop.

We ordered and it took ages, by what I could see, they didn't use the whole kitchen and forgot half of the toppings. Basically they were cooking as if it was their own kebab shop rather than to KFC standards. They almost seemed as if they had never gone through any KFC standard training.

There was rubbish everywhere, no table had been cleaned and nobody seemed to care.

Going to the toilet was another adventure, I couldn't go, it was the worst toilet I had ever seen in a branch of a WELL KNOWN AND TRUSTED company. There were feces and ladies things and not toilet and no handles etc

I IMMEDIATELY complained to KFC but this was the 90s and I can't remember what happened, may have got a voucher or something. The branch closed down very quickly. Good.

If I buy 'heinz' beans in tomato sauce, I don't expect peas in cheese sauce because of someone's religious belief at the factory!

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ok boredom is getting to me with this. So I'll bite.

#1 KFC is chicken right? So why is bacon relevant ? At all ?

#2 Halal chicken is still chicken right ? So why is this a problem in a KFC

#3 If a visitor to the area, tourist, commuter, whatever, really fancied some chicken and dropped into a KFC for a sandwich, and subsequently received their chicken sandwich, would they even know it was Halal ? Would they care ?

#4 Why would anyone be angry if they couldn't have bacon in addition to their chicken sandwich?

Seriously, what is this OP about ?
If you need to "have it your way" other fast food franchises are available that will gladly serve a chicken/bacon combo everyday of the week.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

He doesn't like Muslims.
edit on 7-11-2015 by lacrimoniousfinale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Who seriously gives a crap whether some KFC miles away from where they live goes halal? A KFC nobody in the thread will ever even visit? Where does the horror come from?

Is there as much horror for where KFC outlets source their chicken? What's worse? Millions of chickens being raised in battery farms, fed on growth hormones and filleted in their second month of life or some Muslims killing chickens by knife and prayer??

Jeez, anyone would get the crazy idea that it's fear-mongering, anti-Muslim BS masquerading as concerns that someone couldn't eat their bacon burger...

Instead stunned Mr Mitchell had to drive 15 minutes to another restaurant in nearby Wyvern to buy the £5.99 box meal.

That poor bastard had to drive for '15 minutes.' OMG! A whole fifteen minutes? The humanity!

Funny enough, that KFC has long been known (six years) as halal so any Derby local would know already and go to one of the other four in a three mile radius. He might have deliberately gone there purely to scream blue, bloody murder that he couldn't have the bacon.

I notice that being 'concerned' or 'outraged' is really in fashion lately

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat
Ok boredom is getting to me with this. So I'll bite.

#1 KFC is chicken right? So why is bacon relevant ? At all ?

#2 Halal chicken is still chicken right ? So why is this a problem in a KFC

#3 If a visitor to the area, tourist, commuter, whatever, really fancied some chicken and dropped into a KFC for a sandwich, and subsequently received their chicken sandwich, would they even know it was Halal ? Would they care ?

#4 Why would anyone be angry if they couldn't have bacon in addition to their chicken sandwich?

If you need to "have it your way" other fast food franchises are available that will gladly serve a chicken/bacon combo everyday of the week.

#1 KFC is predominately chicken yes, but they do serve other food varieties.
#2 You're correct. Halal chicken is still chicken, but they are slaughtered in a different way. Some people don't want animals slaughtered in the way Halal is conducted.
#3 No they probably wouldn't know unless KFC advertise it in-store or the commuter knew before hand. Some most likely would care.
#4 Because maybe they want bacon too? Though a bit silly of them to go to that store if they knew they don't serve bacon anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I think KFC should be able to serve what they like as long it's not breaking the law. I just thought I would help answer your questions.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

It is hard for people to accept that people are concerned because they already feel pushed aside and discarded.

They want you to be loving, gracious and generous. They want you to be accepting of change, but they don't understand when you expect the rules of the game to go both ways.

Many are quick to tell you to suck it. Don't like it? Go someplace else. Yet if you used these same words you are a bigot and or xenophobe.

They can't see how their pro-Muslim stance, that is all accommodating of the Muslims in exclusion of the native citizens, is what is fueling the hatred and the division.

All through all those religious text that so many hold as an ultimate guide of truth, it shows you clearly what happens every time one son is shown preferential treatment over another.

This shows that many may read those religious text but few ever really learn anything from them. It is just an endless perpetuation of the same old destructive behavior.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Lets take this to its most absurd level. Pass a law requiring all commercial and retail premises to stock and sell bacon. Even if they aren't a food outlet.

"I'm off to the printers to pick up my new business cards, and a bacon sandwich"
"Short back and sides, please." "Certainly sir. Something for the weekend too sir? Or how about a slice of bacon or two?"

Can't you see that trying to dictate that stores MUST sell bacon because this is a "Christian Nation", actually is as bad?

The UK and the US are about freedom of choice, and that includes a stores choice to sell bacon, or not. So why are you trying to override their choices and impose your own on them. Are you really that superior?

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

ok still had nothing much to do atm... so....

First, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post and trying to answer my questions. However..
#1 Kentucky Fried Chicken ...at the risk of being pedantic, still, why is bacon relevant? Of course I know that it is not. If anyone specifically wanted a combo of meats, they would visit a place that did that. eg have it your way BK

#2 Halal chicken is still a dead chicken, it has met it's death in a different way, still dead ...still a chicken, can still ultimately be Kentucky Fried and slapped into a sandwich.

#3 According to a recent post above, this franchise has been operating for sometime as Halal. I assume residents know, either don't care or don't eat there. Tourists, commuters, whatevers..if this is an issue for them maybe they would take extra care when ordering fastfood and enquire. " has this dead chicken been prayed over while being slaughtered, or did it meet it's end in a more acceptable battery style/processed slaughter technique. The chicken is dead either way. There is nothing " nicer " or more acceptable about the second option, believe me.

#4 If the lack of bacon in a chicken fastfood joint can disturb a person to the point of anger, they are more than a " bit silly "

I refuse to be drawn on any further analysis, all of my questions were rhetorical anyway. I do actually get the full point of the post. Forgive me being facetious, I just could resist any further. Done now

Hope I didn't get you wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
www.express.co.uk...

This issue may seem really petty and small but I don't think it is, I think it is another example of how little by little our culture is having to change to suit muslims and not vice versa. It also shows brilliantly how we have these areas now that are seen as a muslim area only.

I know the area, I know the KFC, I've even bought food there. If you're ordering 99% of the things from the menu you'd never even know the difference. I have my own objections to Halal meat, but not enough to stop me tucking into a tasty chicken burger. That particular KFC doesn't actually make a tasty chicken burger, unfortunately, but that's another matter.

If a business owner doesn't want to sell a particular product that's entirely up to them. Having the freedom to choose what to sell is far more "British" than forcing people to sell specific products. You could equally go to one of the four or five fast-food places within a minutes' walk and get all the pork-based goodness you like. Or go to the supermarket next door and buy most of a dead pig.

The area definitely isn't "muslim only", it isn't even "predominantly muslim", but it is "predominantly trashy". I don't know if you recall the Philpott case a few years back, where a couple of benefit scroungers burned their children to death trying to get a better house? This place is a stone's throw from that house. If anything, it's at a nexus point between two areas - the mainly Asian (as in Indian, Pakistani, etc) area and the mainly poor everyone-else area of the city.

One "halal" KFC does not make it the collapse of British society, any more than the Polish food shop in the marketplace makes it a Polish invasion, or the Russian food shop near the library makes it a Russian satellite state.

On a final note, it's also the worst KFC I've even visited. Every person in the queue ahead of me had to return the food because of a problem with incorrect orders. It's also fairly dirty. Before people start using that as an excuse to say "rawr! moooooslims! dirty fekkers!", I should point out that almost all the visible staff and customers were white.

posted on Nov, 7 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The other week I was craving for a rare beef sandwich. I walked into a restaurant, called vegetarian or something. Imagine my horror when they told me they would not serve me meat of any kind. They said eating meat was against their beliefs, I was stunned and shocked.

My country is traditionally a meat eating country, who do these people think they are refusing to serve me meat.

I had to walk 15 minutes up the road to get my beef sandwich, this kind of thing shouldn't be allowed in my country.

I was talking to a friend who said these vegetarian places are opening up all over the country, are they trying to take over or something?

Needless to say I have phoned the local newspaper and my local political representative. I am shocked, stunned, outraged and disgusted these people are trying to take away our rights and traditions.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join