It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston's Equal Rights Ordinance Discussion/Results

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What an awesome hope!

Here's what I don't get, and it's a practical concern: how are these folks determining at this moment the sex of the person in the bathroom with them?

Are they peeping under/over the stalls? Are they groping folks at the door? Talk about invasions of privacy!

How do they know this isn't already happening (I happen to know it is and could care less, but still)?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

They are strictly going by how much the person's body looks like the gender in question. If there is an adam's apple on the transgender female - they say "it's a male and he's going to rape us!"

I know there have been transgender folks who look nothing like the gender they were born with, who have walked into the restroom of their self-identified gender - and no one even noticed. Even if that person didn't have the genital surgery.

Ignorance is bliss - I suppose.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

They are strictly going by how much the person's body looks like the gender in question. If there is an adam's apple on the transgender female - they say "it's a male and he's going to rape us!"

How many M/F Transgenders are there compared to Lesbians?

I fear my daughter will be molested by a M/F Transgender ---- but not a lesbian. It's all about the physical parts.

Really?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And the second amendment makes it easier to Kill people...is that fair?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Oh, that is an excellent response! I was just thinking about gun rights activists saying that "murder is already against the law, we don't need more laws." It's already against the law to molest or rape someone, regardless of your gender or gender identity. Why ban trangender people from using the restroom of the gender they identify with?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Darth_Prime

And this bill makes it easier for heterosexual men to do so under the cover of being trans.

I've heard this before. What keeps these throngs of heterosexual men from raiding Women's Bathrooms now?

I mean, it'd be illegal either way, right? If there's as great a undercurrent of this potential abuse in our society?

How do we solve this conundrum? Does everyone have to be properly "sexed" like chickens or cattle before we use public facilities?

They didn't need to be 'sexed' before all this 'trans' madness.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're concerned about men sneaking into the women's restroom.

How is that going to be stopped by NOT passing equality legislation?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I gave him links to Non trans Males attacking Woman in Restrooms before this "Equality Madness"

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Do you know how long Trans people have been around?.. maybe it's all this "Hateful Madness" that is making things worse

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Do you know how long Trans people have been around?.. maybe it's all this "Hateful Madness" that is making things worse

Let's just line up single stall portable restrooms everywhere and everyone can use them privately. I have no issue with that and I don't know why you would either. Then everyone is equal without affecting normal folks.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I don't like outhouses without indoor plumbing; that makes me uncomfortable. They must be indoors with indoor plumbing.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
At the expense of an interesting argument, I return to the topic.

So this bill that did not pass, did not actually do anything to prevent discrimination against anyone who was not already covered under state & federal laws. The article even states, this is the issue. So what's the loss ? What's so terrible about a bill (that doesn't do anything already being done in various statutes) failing ?

To be more specific, where is the harm in the failure of this bill to pass ?

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Life isn't fair. Didn't your parents ever teach you that?

Being in a minority isn't always fair and sometimes you have to just adapt to world around you. I live with fluorescent lights because there is no way I'm going to get the world to service my needs. It's just one of the unfair things about having fluorescent lighting as a migraine trigger.
edit on 4-11-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Life isn't fair. Didn't your parents ever teach you that?

Being in a minority isn't always fair and sometimes you have to just adapt to world around you. I live with fluorescent lights because there is no way I'm going to get the world to service my needs. It's just one of the unfair things about having fluorescent lighting as a migraine trigger.

You never cease to amaze. I'll just remember the "life isn't fair" quote the next time you're whining about special rights for Christians. Your tendency toward headaches does not compare with sexual orientation or gender identity or the real discrimination that some people face every day of their lives SPECIFICALLY by and from people like you who think that people being treated like third or fourth class citizens is okay. There's only a few of them, after all, right? We should all just get over it.

/disgusted again
edit on 15Wed, 04 Nov 2015 15:48:58 -060015p0320151166 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos
At the expense of an interesting argument, I return to the topic.

So this bill that did not pass, did not actually do anything to prevent discrimination against anyone who was not already covered under state & federal laws. The article even states, this is the issue. So what's the loss ? What's so terrible about a bill (that doesn't do anything already being done in various statutes) failing ?

To be more specific, where is the harm in the failure of this bill to pass ?

The categories that the law would have covered are not protected under any laws, State law in Texas, local laws in Houston or Federal.

That's the issue.
edit on 16Wed, 04 Nov 2015 16:08:46 -060015p0420151166 by Gryphon66 because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I am trying to remember the last time I was in a public restroom where someone, anyone, male, female, straight, gay, trans were openly displaying their genitals. I have been in a few bars and seen it, but the folks so dead set against this probably don't frequent these types of bars.

ETA: With public showers in HS and MS locker rooms, this question would become a bit more of an issue, at least in my mind. Not the rape factor, but the understanding factor.
edit on 11/4/2015 by BubbaJoe because: needed to add something

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Come talk to me about fair when you get attacked and murdered for having Migraines

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Come talk to me about fair when you get attacked and murdered for having Migraines

I'm really proud of you a lot of the times.

Before they accuse you of lying, I thought I'd provide some evidence that backs you up:

In the NCAVP 2009 report on hate violence, 50 percent of people who died in violent hate crimes against lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) people were transgender women; the other half were male, many of whom were gender non-conforming.7 Sexual assault and/or genital mutilation before or after their murders was a frequent occurrence.

Source

Acts of hate violence, such as harassment, stalking, vandalism, and physical and sexual assault, are often supported by more socially sanctioned expressions of transphobia, biphobia, and homophobia and are intended to send a message to LGBTQ communities. . . . Many LGBTQ people also face substantial bias because they belong to other traditionally marginalized groups along other axes of identity such as race, class, incarceration history, immigration status, or ability. . . . membership in more than one traditionally marginalized community can increase targeting for severe violence.

Source

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Thanks, i'm flattered

Thanks for the links as well, you always bring intelligence and facts!

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
I am trying to remember the last time I was in a public restroom where someone, anyone, male, female, straight, gay, trans were openly displaying their genitals. I have been in a few bars and seen it, but the folks so dead set against this probably don't frequent these types of bars.

ETA: With public showers in HS and MS locker rooms, this question would become a bit more of an issue, at least in my mind. Not the rape factor, but the understanding factor.

Hmmm ... perhaps forcing kids of either gender to communally shower and expose themselves to each other isn't the best idea?

*gasp* what if some of them are gay??? You know, they don't always dress special or act differently ... how can we keep the "normal" kids safe????

/s (mostly)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join