It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Multi-Partner Marriages Gonna Be a Thing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

That is perfectly acceptable, Night Star.

We should all be allowed to make such choices, and love the way we wish. Relationships are the most misunderstood, and often times throughout history, politicized and scrutinized by society.

Love is something that cannot be measured, or weighed. Tho, it makes the world go round, just as much as the fiat currency that fuels it.

One size does not fit all. That is the point.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
"Marriage" is a religious term,

Not exclusively.

It's an English word that means "combine".
It's a legal term, that means "legally joined"
It's a religious term that means "matrimony".

There isn't just one concept or idea of "marriage".

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You keep asking the same questions. It is abnormal by the definition of the word. It is the goverment's business because they create laws and it is every persons who has to warch the moral fiber of this country slip away.
We all get to view our opinions openly
edit on 2-11-2015 by NewzNose because: typos

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Xeven
"Marriage" is a religious term,

Not exclusively.

It's an English word that means "combine".
It's a legal term, that means "legally joined"
It's a religious term that means "matrimony".

There isn't just one concept or idea of "marriage".

It's also a term used for combining condiments in restaurant speak, i.e. "It was the waitresses side work to "marry" the ketchups at the end of her shift."

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I understand your reasoning.
If memory serves me, you are quite lovely and I can imagine that you would not have any difficulty finding "another" husband. I could understand his "jealousy" of that.

My S.O. and I used to joke about me getting some "help" around the house. He wanted to be part of the interview/hiring process. Cooking and cleaning and teaching skills weren't important to him LOL!

That was all well and good until I mentioned my "pool boy"...

Well, needless to say...neither happened!

edit on 2-11-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Cygnis

I have always maintained that if you're still wanting to have regular sex, the very last thing to do is to get married. LOL.

(That's only partially true of course.)

I think we need to expand what we mean by relationship. I know several "thouples" that are and have been thriving.

It's really ... fun ... to see a triangular relationship in action rather than just he/she said - she/he said.

It breaks out a whole new sort of "honesty."

Oh I have no doubt about that.

Honesty and excellent communication skills should be a per-requisite for any relationship. Triple-so for a "Trinity" and beyond.

It's good to know that there are well functioning "thouple" setups out there.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Perhaps the sticking point here, so to speak, in the multi-marriage concept is sex.

I just checked the package, and there's nothing there that says everyone has to have sex with each other in a marriage.

I mean, sure, again, the more the merrier but ...

If I were ever involved in a polyamorous marriage, I would be marrying everybody involved, not just acting as an additional wife for somebody.

To me, that's the major difference between most polygamous marriages and polyamory. In one, it's just one person marrying a bunch of people and, in the other, it's people marrying each other. Big difference.

But bottom line is that a marriage can only be defined by the people in the marriage. Let them decide what they are.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Why do you even have to mention us? this is about Multi-Partner Marriage..

i don't think Joseph Smith blamed they Gays for wanting to marry Multiple women
edit on 2-11-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That's why I've suggested deleting marriage from the legal structure and institute something like "domestic corporation."

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Indeed, a setup where everyone is married to everyone makes it quite cozy, I would believe.

Everyone has vested, equal interest in everyone.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
But bottom line is that a marriage can only be defined by the people in the marriage. Let them decide what they are.

QFT. Woot! Live and let live. It's a Good Thing!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Variety? An element which adds to our current relationship, in many ways... in ideas, in thought, in style.
Like in our joint projects, he could bring an extra something to our conceptions (we're often doing renovation work on our property).

He could maybe help with things neither of us like to deal with - like landscaping!

LOL!! you can employ someone for that!!

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That's why I've suggested deleting marriage from the legal structure and institute something like "domestic corporation."

"Legal" marriage is nothing more than for government based taxing reasons..

Used to be, that a person's "word" was all the binding agreement someone would need.

A promise / commitment from one person to another, should be as iron-clad as any legal contract..

Than.. someone went and created lawyers..

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Exactly, Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part II.

The legal agreement should only be about property and caring for any children.

Let's face it, laws and promises don't keep anyone together.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Exactly, Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part II.

The legal agreement should only be about property and caring for any children.

Let's face it, laws and promises don't keep anyone together.

I would disagree..

I've done well to keep the promises I have made, especially to my spouse of 10 years.

Do I have to? No, I could break them any time, but how would I feel about such things in the end? Probably not very well.

So, I guess one would have to look at whether is it the promise, itself, or the unwillingness to devalue my words by breaking the promise.. or is it something more?

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think we need to expand what we mean by relationship. I know several "thouples" that are and have been thriving.

It's really ... fun ... to see a triangular relationship in action rather than just he/she said - she/he said.

It breaks out a whole new sort of "honesty."

Three is not a good number....

Two, or more than three, because if/when there are problems. With

three two gang up against the other so it always becomes two against one.

Happens a lot when there are three children in families.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I'm sure there are times when you are correct.

I was only talking about two thouples that I know.

Their relationships are not perfect but both sets are happy and have been together five years and nine years respectively, but I think they have some sort of "house rule" against the two against one thing. I'm not privy to all the details.

I have no idea; I would hlpe adults would fare a litle better than kids in relationships.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I would point to the 50% divorce rate.

I'm glad you've got a great relationship, and I have no idea about the general truths of why people keep and break promises.

I would go back to mutual love and respect; when that fails, nothing works in the long run.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I would point to the 50% divorce rate.

I'm glad you've got a great relationship, and I have no idea about the general truths of why people keep and break promises.

I would go back to mutual love and respect; when that fails, nothing works in the long run.

Indeed.

It certainly is no cake walk all the time, that is for sure. Perhaps that is why it works, too.. Putting in the effort.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Unless there is a genetic disease or mass infanticide.. there will NEVER be too much of one gender, it will balance to give or take 50:50.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join