It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traveling advice, rachel NV.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Oh Dreamland, so ironic that they're being naughty by grabbing images without consent, and yet prohibit the use of the right click.
Sorry to hear about this Gariac, your photos are spectacular, and have kept me, and countless others up to date on activities around "the box" and beyond.

Speaking of which, my amazing girlfriend surprised me the other day by asking if I could show her KXTA for thanksgiving. What a lady!
I figured I'd use this trip for a quick preliminary recon before red flag. Get all my scanner & GPS equipment tuned and ready to roll for 2016.
We'll be in an low clearance car (unfortunately, because I'd love to check out the PowerLine overlook!) So travel is limited.
Can a front wheel drive car make it to the front gate and back this time of year? Should I invest in chains or anything else for this pilgrimage?
With these transportation constraints, is there anywhere besides the front & back gate you guys recommend us exploring?
Cheers in advance, if anyone else is out there between now and next Tuesday, give me a shout! I'll be bringing plenty of craft beer from northern & southern California that I'd love to share. The more the merrier!

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA

Oh Dreamland, so ironic that they're being naughty by grabbing images without consent, and yet prohibit the use of the right click.
Sorry to hear about this Gariac, your photos are spectacular, and have kept me, and countless others up to date on activities around "the box" and beyond.

Speaking of which, my amazing girlfriend surprised me the other day by asking if I could show her KXTA for thanksgiving. What a lady!
I figured I'd use this trip for a quick preliminary recon before red flag. Get all my scanner & GPS equipment tuned and ready to roll for 2016.
We'll be in an low clearance car (unfortunately, because I'd love to check out the PowerLine overlook!) So travel is limited.
Can a front wheel drive car make it to the front gate and back this time of year? Should I invest in chains or anything else for this pilgrimage?
With these transportation constraints, is there anywhere besides the front & back gate you guys recommend us exploring?
Cheers in advance, if anyone else is out there between now and next Tuesday, give me a shout! I'll be bringing plenty of craft beer from northern & southern California that I'd love to share. The more the merrier!

If Groom Lake Road is dry, just about any car can drive it. If it starts to rain while you are at the front gate, I suggest leaving. Street tires are for...the street.

Frequencies in the first link.
www.inplanesight.org...

I don't like the Power Line Overlook. You get noise from the power line's dirty insulators. I parked on Campfire Hill for about five hours. I just left a scanner in "close call." I got a hit from the camo dudes in the mil trunking band, but no secret there.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Thanks for the tips Gariac. I was shocked today when I was able to pick up departure & approach transmissions out of Nellis...From Berkeley! Do you happen to know of any websites that contain accurate and up-to-date GPS coordinates of the nellis border as well? Sorry to ask, but you're a plethora of information in the "black" world!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomeyKXTA

Thanks for the tips Gariac. I was shocked today when I was able to pick up departure & approach transmissions out of Nellis...From Berkeley! Do you happen to know of any websites that contain accurate and up-to-date GPS coordinates of the nellis border as well? Sorry to ask, but you're a plethora of information in the "black" world!

Where in Berkeley? I tried listening from Diablo and nada.

The only person that has a set of accurate border points is Chuck Clark. He had this project where he logged every orange pole or reflector using a GPS. In addition he took a photo in each direction (N E W S).

A GPS isn't accurate enough to prevent you from crossing the border. You need to watch for the poles.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Roger that. I remember playing that game

I actually got to Chuck Clark about twenty years ago at the ale'e'inn, right after "the powers that be" took white sides & freedom Ridge out of public reach. He was very friendly with me and pops, and I was shocked how much respect he showed me and the questions I asked, (even though I was just 12years old, and fully on board the Bob Lazar band wagon) he told us the story of his three day stint on white sides, where he videotaped "something" taking off from KXTA. I listened to him in awe every time I ran into him. He was truly a great source of information at the time. Unlike Joe, who as i recall was not the nicest to either children or adults.
Ps: I'm located nearby the marin circle in Berkeley. Great area to pick up a lot of different kinds of transmissions!! I haven't taken my scanner up to Mt Diablo yet, but when I do I'll give you a reception SITREP!

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: HomeyKXTA

Chuck is a good guy. I refuse to believe that he took a perimeter sensor, though that was part of the plea deal that he admit it. Do I believe Chuck dug up sensors and recorded switch settings? Sure, because that is what he told me.

The White Sides stint is written up in the Dreamland Chronicles. The only thing I found not believable, or at least easily to verify as not true was the temperature. Like a gum shoe detective, I looked up the temperature data for the area and it never got as cold as Chuck said. Note you can always get the ground temperature from the Groom ATIS.

From my own personal experience, the base gets cranky if you observe them from Tikaboo more than one day. During one expedition, on the second night, they flew something over us around midnight. I'm assuming they used a FLIR to see if our tents were occupied.

Hint: half a gallon of water per day on the peak isn't enough!

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Chuck is a good guy indeed. No matter what my heroes back in the day used to say about him. And if I were up against the government in a lawsuit, I'd take that plea deal any day of the week.
Everyone used to dig up sensors and put them back in the day. Myself included. Before they got the time delays that is.
I'm looking forward to tikaboo next year, can't do it this time.
Anyways, I'm in Vegas and my girlfriend is giving me the evil eye for being on ATS right now.
Happy thanksgiving y'all
Gariac, check your PM.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join