It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the woods are scary

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Excuse me Brother
The woods are always scary no matter what time of day or night!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was an avid hiker in my young adulthood but never went into the woods alone while hiking in case of accidental injury or snakes or falling, etc. Once a boyfriend and I were at his cottage in the dense woods and he took me for a walk late at night in the woods and deliberately tried to scare me with a story of a bear nearby - I was very afraid and not impressed to find out it was a joke. One other time I was going to a night party at another cottage in dense woods and when I got out of the car something stopped me dead in my tracks. As I looked into the dense forest I got a very bad feeling (my intuition working overtime) but continued to the house anyway.

I now have my own little forest and have walked every inch of it during the daytime, alone. It only exudes magical ionized air and beautiful smells and sights. However, going in there at night is another story because that is when the nocturnal wildlife is there and if I were to go into the woods at night, I would bring my locked and loaded rifle with me. But I don't go into the woods at night because there is no reason for me to.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I live in a small seaside town tucked away on the SE Coast of England. There are many wooded areas nearby however, not like the the National Forests and Parks typically found in and around America. In my spare time I love to sit on the beach listening to the waves crashing on the shore, and feeling the sand between my fingers and toes. However, the closest I get to experiencing mother nature is when I'm in my back garden with the grass beneath my feet. Although I'm drawn to the sea, the majestic allure of the woods has always been greater. I am drawn to watching anything related to the forest, always have been. Be it a documentaries on survival techniques, or watching various YouTube channels on hiking or bush craft. This all changed three years ago whilst watching one of the above. I captured something whilst taking a screen shot to use as a cover picture on my mobile phone. That day my life completely changed from my perception on reality to who and what we really are ? This journey continues even today. I no longer have that warm fuzzy feeling I once held for the woods, that once magical lure turned into feelings of fear, dread, and disbelief. Then into curiosity and a need for answers as my sensible logical brain required one.
This is my story and it is a true one. Just to get it out the way, I don't have any underlying mental health issues, neither do I have paradolia. Digital technology has the ability to see between dimensions, it acts like a window only slightly obscuring your view. You train your eyes and you too will see reality in all its entirety!
I was watching deer cam footage when what appeared to be a bear at first glance entered the scene. I loved seeing this amazing creature and began pressing the screen shot button. That night and for weeks after took dozens of pictures all potential candidates for my phone screen saver. Whilst flicking through some time later, two stood out. The first was a scene of lush long green grass and trees with bright green leaves everything shimmered green in the light protruding through gaps in the tree tops. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary that is until my eye was drawn to a small area of the photo where there was a slight change in colour and pattern formation. There up against a tree trunk was a creature of an unknown origin. It's head and shoulders only visible the rest hidden by the grass. I want to say it was a male however, can't be sure. He had a bolder shaped head, no neck and extremely wide shoulders. He was covered in short fawny white hair that appeared to be well kept. His hair on his head went half way down his forehead almost appeared to be cut In a perfect straight line. His face was an offish grey/very pale white colour with an extremely bulbus nose. Beneath his nose trailing from ear to ear ( although you couldn't see them) was a perfect straight line of hair which blended into the hair on his head and torso. His eyes were long, almost from ear to nose, black lined and slit like almost shut but not although unable to see an eye ball clearly. On one of his eyes he had a line of colour ( brown ) that went from his brow down past his eye, and down his cheek to the line of hair beneath his nose. That eye had a patch of the same colour. His hair beneath his nose hid his mouth. He looked part human part animal. I have photographic evidence of this. The second was what appeared at first glance to be a bear. However, upon closer inspection the bear had a forehead of skin. At the top of the forehead it had an excessive amount of ruffled fur/skin. It looked to me like skin and fur had been pushed upwards up off its face area and just sitting at the top of it's head. It was looking straight up at the deer cam with human looking eyes. I could see a faint outline of a musle and ear resembling a bear off to the side of its face and at first glance yes it would be a bear to anyone looking. It wasn't a bear bears don't have large human looking eyes with a skin human looking forehead. I have photographic evidence of this too.
Since my discovery I have captured over the course of three years the unimaginable from unknown species and entities to spirits and shape shifters. I've even captured transparent beings and little people all of which I document as my own personal evidence. I'm not here to try and convince you these things exist, I'm here to warn you all these beings and entities I capture on camera, so far only documented evidence of their existance in forests and secluded cemeteries surrounded by dence woodland. I'm new here so If someone would kindly tell me how to upload photos on here, I would gladly share some with you all. Be safe.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
step 1: Make sure your logged in to your ATS account.

Step 2: Click the down Arrow in the top right.

Step 3: A drop down tab will appear, please click the "upload" button.

Step 4: Towards the middle top left of the page another "upload" button will appear please hit that.

Step 5: Now please click the button "select files" and choose what images you want to share.

Step 6: Once your finished selecting you image/s please hit the cloud icon with a up arrow within it to save your pictures to your ATS account.

Step 7: Now your uploaded images should appear in front of you within this page. Now please left click on any image a window with the image and other words and letters should appear. Please look for the line "BBCcode for use in post:" bellow that please double click or select that code beneath and right click the blue and hit copy.

Now you can paste this image wherever you like, before you hit reply wherever you are it should look like this.

Good luck let me know if you need any more assistance.

edit on 17-2-2020 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The only time my woods are scary, is when the mosquitoes are in full force.

posted on Apr, 12 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The woods right now are full of scary monsters. They attack without warning and are biting and blood sucking creatures. Here we call them swamp mosquitoes and buffalo gnats. a reply to: InTheLight

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I once walked my girl in the north woods and found a Robin Hood Girl Who Looked Lost. But I Lost Her In The North Woods Before I Could Save Her. Very Creepy Experience. She Even Had Green Hood. Scary To Think There Are Those Who Steal From The Rich And Hide In My Woods With No Trace. This Was Super Natural...

posted on Jul, 10 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: fishy6

I have seen the red balls of light in the tree tops too. I watched one for about 5 minutes one night.

posted on Aug, 8 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What do you mean? Are these song lyrics or something? a reply to: Pinocchio

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

I recall being overexcited and spooked a few times as a kid, but that's usually because someone else gets scared and gets everyone else worked up. When I was a child I was more scared of the Stephen King "It" clown Pennywise coming out of the toilet drain to grab me. Had to flush several times just to make sure he had a hard time getting up the pipe.

Stephen King actually exploited the fear of the woods in his book 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon'

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

What if the feeling of dread that you can get in the woods is a hard-wired instinct still lingering in some from the past when woods were cramped with dangerous predators. Some innate fear and caution that kicks in when you are away from your 'safe' and familiar modern environment and feel that you have to rely on all your weakened senses again

And if you also had some local gangs burying bodies in the woods next to you or some white smoke pillars manifesting and disappearing in front of you in the middle of the day, woods will never look the same

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
LOL !!!! a reply to: VashTheStampede

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hahaha!! Dayyum a reply to: Cinrad

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
While it is certainly true that being in a wooded place in the dark can trigger certain primal fears, there can also be something else there. My experience is that I live in the middle of the woods. I have for many years. I have walked my land in daylight and darkness. I know it well. Most of the time I am fine. However, there is one certain area to which I do not venture whether it is daylight or darkness. That area connects directly with national forestry. There is always this odd sense of foreboding and being watched. Even if this is something triggering a primal instinct that I do not understand, I am inclined to listen. Those instincts are tied to survival.

a reply to: wordforword

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I like Woods around Benevento...Good streets for rally

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The dread feeling of feeling of being watched, is not some bull# relic but your survival instinct. one of the first things that teach women in self defense and survival classes is to trust your instincts. When i feel like i am being watch, i am being watched, as a hunter i i often use it to my advantage. if the woods go silent and i get uneasy feeling, there is a predator close by. We are only a few hundred years out of the woods. reply to: Pinpilinpauxa

posted on May, 2 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Only got that feeling in the woods one time. It was daylight, hot out, I had just driven down into a bottom where I was cutting posts. I got out of the truck, grabbed my saw and statrted toward the treeline, and something stopped me in my tracks, and I became instantly terrified, actually ran back to the truck, jumped up on the flatbed and was so scared I climbed in the window, didnt even bother with the door. I felt like prey..thats the best way I can describe it. Im used to the cattle, everything there..this was totally different than anything ive ever experienced..and Ive spent some time in dark woods alone..nothing like that day though.
edit on 2-5-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As a child I practically lived in the forest. I was always in them and ALWAYS getting ticks.. but never encountered anything weird except for one time. I was eating raspberries that were growing not far into the woods beside my lawn.. when out of nowhere I heard a growl. I look up and there's these 2 doberman pinschers. I knew everyone in our neighborhood and nobody owned a single doberman, let alone two of these kinds of dogs!

Knowing what I know now about dogs and running from them, I wince at my young self's choice to run for the front door. I basically had to run up the front lawn to get to the door and the entire time I heard the sounds of these dogs at my heels chasing me. I worried that they would catch me when I had to open the screen door.. and yet when I got inside and slammed it shut behind me.. They were gone. Very weird experience. Never saw them again. I don't know how they could have been real dogs.. I heard them behind me up until about a few seconds before I got to the door and we had a HUGE yard all surrounded by trees.

It might have been an omen.. because a couple years later I ended up getting attacked by a dog. It was a german shephard though that did it and not a doberman. I still love the peace of the woods... I'm a bit more leery I think now though of the potential for predators.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crypticarchive

I also had a big strange dog appear out of nowhere while in the woods as a child. I closed my eyes and when I got the courage to open them the dog was gone.

I also was attacked by a German Shepard when I was a child, it grabbed me by the neck. I was leaning on a wooden fence in its yard. The dog jumped the fence and took me down by the neck. Luckily I had a thick winter coat on, and my mother chased it off with an umbrella.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Wow! That's something, huh? In my case the dog belonged to my mom's bf and he attacked me when I was giving him steak scraps from our dinner that night. They kept the dog chained to a dog house and he had this fenced in area to walk around in wherever the run allowed it to. He dragged me into the pen and went for the neck. I blocked with my arm. It either thought I was dead because I was in shock or something saved me since I was able to crawl out safely.

It does really intrigue me though to hear someone else have such a similar experience. Now I need to look into it! Dogs in the woods and dog attacks. Sounds intriguing...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join