It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are drugs illegal? You asked Google – here’s the answer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I'm not one of those "prohibition types"....

I am however, having difficulty understanding why people treat their minds and bodies like toys.

I just can't quite wrap my head around needing drugs or anything else to get through the day or amuse one's self.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

But you are able to comprehend the basic concept of boredom, yeah?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What are you? 12?.....

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Well no, I'm actually 32 years old... Never the less, simple boredom plays a huge role in my general well being.

I mean... I'm glad your so simple that basic everyday life keeps you content. But, theirs a whole lot of people on this earth that are far more complex than that... unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Depression and self-medication go hand in hand.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Just because certain substances were used to marginalize certain races and classes does not mean they should be out there for anyone who would want to get them, to be able get them.

It's already too easy for your kids to get alcohol and cigarettes isn't it?, I suppose you want to make it easier for them to get coc aine and marijuana too.

Comical how so many treat their brains and bodies like they treat that four wheeler in the garage.....

Your body and brain are not toys.

I am not completely against recreational drug use as it may come across from what I just wrote, but too many people can't even operate a motor vehicle responsibly, let alone use drugs.

Please explain how legalizing a drug makes it easier for kids to obtain. I really want to know the logic train that makes this the case. I mean you DO know that a kid can get an illegal substance MUCH easier than a legal and regulated one like alcohol right?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Now I'm simple cuz I don't need to self medicate huh?..

Yup, 12.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I am however, having difficulty understanding why people treat their minds and bodies like toys.

Different strokes for different folks.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I actually was going to say more, but there really is not any point to it.

I'm done here.

Out.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well... would you honesty describe the ability to not need to "self medicate" to feel content in life as complex, as opposed to being "simple"?

Not just being a smart arse either, I'm seriously interested in your honest opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Please, civility and decorum. Please. This is a good topic of discussion.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

And that, sir, is why you do not understand. You have your mind made up and are not open to discussion. Not that there's anything wrong with that, as long as the opinion is your own and not a result of WoD propaganda.

Some of us believe our bodies and minds are toys. I intend to play. How am I different to the fella who likes a drink with his mates in the pub or the lady who enjoys a wine after work?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I actually was going to say more, but there really is not any point to it.

I'm done here.

Out.

Dang! And I thought I was finally going to get someone to answer why legalizing drugs means kids are able to get them easier.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I will tell you. No it wont be any easier. It is already easy enough.

It might be cheaper though.
edit on 30-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

I agree that it'll be cheaper. Just it being illegal makes the price higher than it should be to account for risk.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And the kids dont care about the price. It is either borrowed, stolen from gramma, or resultant from selling their Christmas presents or clothes. Or they are just dealing to get it for free for themselves.

Point is, price doesnt matter anyways. Kids dont know the value of a buck anyways anymore. It really does grow on trees now. For them at least it does.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
From the OP:

Working with a newspaper magnate, William Randolph Hearst, he created hysteria around the impact of cannabis on American youth and proclaimed an invasion of marijuana-smoking Mexican men assaulting white women.
- my emphasis.

Why does that sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Price isn't the only factor that contributes to the ease of obtaining it though.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I didnt know the value of a buck, until I had to earn one in order to eat.

It made sense shortly thereafter.
edit on 30-10-2015 by smirkley because: Sp of course

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Correct, but the other 'factors' are not in anyones control.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join