It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex-change woman sent to all-male prison - Bristol, UK

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: grainofsand

I wonder if she still has a "little friend" lurking way down low and that is the reason?
Her doctor wrote to the court and confirmed full gender reassignment, no more operations to be done.
All that is needed to change gender on a UK passport is a letter from the doctor. The court ignored the letter and went on the technicality that the passport had not been changed.

Dreadful business. They have let her down. If I was the judge I would have batted my eyelashes and said walk free, but the blue meanies don't see it like that.

Are you nuts?

She committed a violent crime!

She dam well neded locking up in one prison or the other!

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Male criminals go to male prisons. This criminal happens to be a male. Its all his own fault.
Well it turns out that even with "vestiges of a penis" if the doctor had written to the passport agency and the defendant had changed gender to female before conviction then she would be serving time in a female prison.
Whether or not any of us disagree that the passport can or can not be changed while awaiting final surgery is irrelevant. The person in the OP would have avoided a male prison had they acted earlier with the passport.

For that reason it is a technicality in my mind and to those who don't care if this person gets raped and beaten in a male prison I wonder if you have a shred of humanity in your bones.
Prison, or the loss of freedom is the punishment, not an extra add on of being raped and beaten for being transgender.

...not that I think she will be on an open wing for a minute, I expect the governor to choose confinement and/or a decision will be made for a female prison.
This person WILL be more vulnerable in a male prison, and the tragedy is that some folk in this thread seem to take pleasure out of that.
Shameful in my opinon but hey what do I know, I'm just a straight CIS male.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If I was fully a woman after a sex change I would wan't to go to a female prison. Keep in mind they don't send body builder women to men's prisons just because they are bigger and stronger. As some of you said, it is hard to tell this woman was even a man at all. Why the hell would you put an attractive female in a male prison? a reply to: deadeyedick

link   
a reply to: blueman12

lol You say rape as if it is a givin.

It is not.

The system has just as much intrest in keeping this person safe as they do for the women they would not let her in with.

All the post citing a male prison all rely on the system not giving any protection for this person and that is not the case and if it becomes the case then the person has a justifiable grievance with the system. In other words they should be aware that special accommodations will have to be made.

link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Just goes to show how monumentally stupid it is to think that surgey and hormone therapy can change your gender. Did he ever stop to wonder what would happen to him if he committed a crime? Was he really so naive that he though he would be treated like some kind of a princess?

Male criminals go to male prisons. This criminal happens to be a male. Its all his own fault.

When Christ said "Did you visit me in prison?" I think He was trying to make a point. Golly G, all this Christian love and compassion is just bringing a tear to my lil eye!

Hey, show a little compassion here. It is the way of the world. We get bent out of shape by society's pliers sometimes. Don't be so quick to damn your fellow man, woman and all in between. Christ would surely have mercy.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes, when we cannot make a point we default to Jesus. Sounds legit.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I sincerely hope you are right! However, judging human nature before right now, I'd say I don't trust that to be the case. a reply to: deadeyedick

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

"Shameful in my opinon but hey what do I know, I'm just a straight CIS male. "

And a very compassionate male who is able to walk a mile in his sister's and brother's shoes. I am very taken with you and some of the other straight male members who are indeed showing lots of compassion and understanding. Pleasantly surprised and you are all a great credit to your gender. It is very nice to see.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I said, "Should the woman of this thread be possibly treated like Ms. Diamond". Possibly, as it is a very real threat. A much worse of a threat than the woman beating up a female inmate in a woman's prison.

All the post citing a male prison all rely on the system not giving any protection for this person and that is not the case and if it becomes the case then the person has a justifiable grievance with the system.

If that is the case... Like the case I just posted about??

I posted it to show that it is a very real possibility. You seem to think that this woman has all accommodations made to prevent anything bad happening. Maybe I missed something, did the story mention that?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you are a man and would get implants so you could be moved to a womens prison if you were already in prison. You get to keep willy but your new rack would get you in with the chicks.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Raise your hand if you are a man and would get implants so you could be moved to a womens prison if you were already in prison. You get to keep willy but your new rack would get you in with the chicks.

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand, moron.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I said, "Should the woman of this thread be possibly treated like Ms. Diamond". Possibly, as it is a very real threat. A much worse of a threat than the woman beating up a female inmate in a woman's prison.

All the post citing a male prison all rely on the system not giving any protection for this person and that is not the case and if it becomes the case then the person has a justifiable grievance with the system.

If that is the case... Like the case I just posted about??

I posted it to show that it is a very real possibility. You seem to think that this woman has all accommodations made to prevent anything bad happening. Maybe I missed something, did the story mention that?

If they do not then they are setting themselves up for neglect charges and in the end would cost them.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: deadeyedick

That has nothing to do with the topic at hand, moron.

Sure it does and I did not post to get you mad.

This has already happened in the us and the system paid for it.

This topic has many avenues that become open.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Sorry this opens the door for all sorts of weirdness and strange regulation, surely you are aware weaker men exist, also gay men who are built like a # brick house and all varietys and all flavor of assholes and meek men alike. You could not if you wanted to segregate according to fairness ever. If that's the case why even have prison at all, we should just have rehabilitation institutions..

Also, the assumed nature of prisoners is rape, sorry that's not true either prisoners aren't just butt raping eachother every chance they get. This is yet another stereotype and enforcement of once convicted you are just a dirty rotten human being, the truth is all of us have #ed up most of us have not been caught. So rape is not automatically in the spectrum of prisoner mentality, furthermore for people that it may be, there are equally people who will stand up for the weak. Believe it or not Heros exist even behind prison walls.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The UK does offer gender reassignment treatment/surgery to prisoners the same as would be expected on the NHS, along with counselling and all the rest of it. When gender is reassigned then a move to a female prison is possible.

It is a logistical nightmare for the staff who have to risk assess the circumstances of the individual prisoners though.
Justice.gov.uk - sorry it's a .doc

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How would yall react if someone whom u were having sexual relations would tell you that he/she were infact not the genre you were had to believed in first place? I guess some would be alright with it but personally i would most likely flip out pretty bad, no matter if he would look very beautiful as female..

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Also, the assumed nature of prisoners is rape, sorry that's not true either prisoners aren't just butt raping eachother every chance they get.

Yea, but his chances are 1000x higher for rape than the average guy. At least in my opinion, after looking at her.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Gay men exist in prison, they are not "raped" they are willingly participating. Rape does occur but the inflated hyperbolic position is just that. It's evenly spread as are weaker men, and strong men. Rape does not "have" to occur as there are men who will have sex. Come on people lets not be myopic

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
How would yall react if someone whom u were having sexual relations would tell you that he/she were infact not the genre you were had to believed in first place? I guess some would be alright with it but personally i would most likely flip out pretty bad, no matter if he would look very beautiful as female..

What has that got to do with this thread exactly?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Can you imagine going to prison for whatever reason and thinking to yourself," mmmm, I am just gonna butt rape the first people I can, to establish dominance and repor". seriously,do you know how rediculous that thought is? That is exactly what many in this thread expouse and believe, on some innate level humans have a natural rape inclination, and specifically men, while there are supporting numbers they are fringe as you would expect. the hyperbole further feeds the misconception,"convicted people are evil". Victimless crimes and all! Wonder who taught you to think like that?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join