It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Child: Seriousness comes from fear, without fear, there's Laughter and Playfulness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
The goal is the same now as it were before, a discussion on The Freedom and Healing Power of Joy and Laughter.

I questioned your example about babies.

Getting in touch with the stereotype of the "inner child" is a flawed premise.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

How is it a flawed premise to get in touch with your Inner-Child of Laughter, Playfulness, and Joy?

You don't think it's possible for you to have Laughter, Playfulness, and Joy?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
How is it a flawed premise to get in touch with your Inner-Child of Laughter, Playfulness, and Joy?

The idea that it belongs to a certain time of a persons life or that children can't be stressed or obsess is flawed.

You don't think it's possible for you to have Laughter, Playfulness, and Joy?

Of course you can but, it isn't something exclusive to childhood.

edit on 26-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Americans are the most fear-riddled people I have ever known. I've traveled around, and by and large Americans are the most paranoid and fearful people I've run across. Everyone is a potential danger, and everyone is out to screw them over. I don't think this is just circumstance, I think it's by design.

If you keep people afraid, you make them easier to manipulate and control. In the brain, fear comes from very old evolutionary brain structures which coincidentally are also where addiction seems to find a home.

Oh, and it kills your inner child as well.
edit on 26-10-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Of course you can but, it isn't something exclusive to childhood.

Of course not, your inner-child is within. You can access your Laughter, Joy, and Playfulness at any age.

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I noticed that, too. Sometimes I think people pretend to be scared of everyone and think everyone is against them in order to manipulate while playing the victim, not realizing Law of Attraction or as some would say, "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7).

Laughter and Gratitude helps against cortisol (the fight or flight - stress hormone which kills brain cells and causes memory loss).

edit on 26-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Yes, any one can experience laughter, joy and playfulness but calling it an inner-child and pointing at babies as an example is not accurate and, like placing those words in caps, is lame.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgmeInner Child: Seriousness comes from fear, without fear, there's Laughter and Playfulness

I'd pretty much agree.
'Fear' exists in 'thought/imagination, ego!
Pre- and post- thought, there can be no 'fear'.
Babies, pre-thought, innocent, are fearless!
But as soon as they understand their first word, they have been infected!
Zen (thoughtless meditation) can find that place!

There is no 'fear' in unconditional Love!
(Transcends the duality of thought/ego!)
Enlightenment = unconditional Love!

Represented as playful state by the Tibetan Buddhist Shambhala Lion of Frisky! *__-

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss
But as soon as they understand their first word, they have been infected!

They understand fear before they understand their first word.

Something tells me that you know this. Why would you write what you did, because it sounds catchy?

Same reason why the OP puts their pet theme in caps. Arpgme seems to go through periods of obsessing. At times it's love sometimes light or vibrations, colors, nothingness, etc. and now laughter and joy.
edit on 27-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

They understand fear before they understand their first word.

The first concept is 'I am' - prior to the first 'concept' fear happens but it does not happen to anyone.
It is the identification of the separate self which makes 'fear' unwanted and then other concepts like 'joy' and 'happiness' are wanted.
'Joy' is just a concept - an idea - that is sought for.

Really there is just what is happening, be it fear, sadness, joy, frustration, confusion. But when there appears to be a 'someone' that fear or sadness is happening to then there will appear to be a wanting of some thing other.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Oh yeah, cortisol -- the stress hormone -- is nasty (OK though in normal amounts). For guys, it can increase the amount of fat we carry around our lower midsection. It can also cause Cushing's Syndrome:

Common signs and symptoms involve progressive obesity and skin changes, such as:

-Weight gain and fatty tissue deposits, particularly around the midsection and upper back, in the face (moon face), and between the shoulders (buffalo hump)

-Pink or purple stretch marks (striae) on the skin of the abdomen, thighs, breasts and arms

-Thinning, fragile skin that bruises easily
-
-Slow healing of cuts, insect bites and infections

-Acne

Other signs and symptoms include:

-Fatigue
-Muscle weakness
-Depression, anxiety and irritability
-Loss of emotional control
-Cognitive difficulties
-New or worsened high blood pressure
-Glucose intolerance that may lead to diabetes
-Headache
-Bone loss, leading to fractures over time

Mayo Clinic

Hm, sounds like a lot of people I know to be honest! I wonder if we were to test everyone's cortisol levels if we'd discover more people have high levels than ought to?

Perhaps a culture permeated with fear is putting stress onto us, raising our coritsol levels beyond what they should be. Cognitive impairment? Depression? Loss of emotional control? Sounds like things someone running a society would want the people to have in order to maintain order. Forget fluoride in the water...

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The first concept is 'I am' - prior to the first 'concept' fear happens but it does not happen to anyone.

Can fear happen to no one?

Can anything?

I've said it before, your theory is nothing more than word play and circular logic.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Can fear happen to no one?

Can anything?

'Fear' is a concept and 'someone' is a concept. Until a baby has words and learns about 'me' (concept) and 'the world'(concept) there is simply what is happening. There is no idea about 'things' happening to 'me'. Fear does not happen to you but language makes believe it does. Fear just arises. All just simply arises. There is no you that does fear and there is no you that fear happens to.
'Fear' is a word (concept) which seems to point to a certain thing but the sensation of fear is very similar to the feeling of excitement.

edit on 27-10-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

'Fear' is a word (concept) which seems to point to a certain thing but the sensation of fear is very similar to the feeling of excitement.

Like I said, word play.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How is fear experienced?
Is it an idea, a thought about something called fear? Or is it a feeling, a sensation?
Have you looked at fear?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Deflection?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How is it deflection? I'd say 'projection' - you are the one not answering the questions.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Osho Quotes on Seriousness.
"Never misunderstand seriousness for sincerity. Sincerity is very playful, never serious. It is true, authentic, but never serious. Sincerity does not have a long face, it is bubbling with joy, radiating with an inner joyousness.

When God happens, everything happens: the trees, the stars, the rivers. And to me, to be capable of enjoying is the door. Serious people have never been known to have reached Him. Seriousness is the barrier — the wrong attitude. Anything that makes you serious is irreligious. Don’t go to a church that makes you serious.

Seriousness has become almost part of our bones and blood. You will have to make some effort to get rid of seriousness, and you will have to be on the lookout — wherever you can find something humorous happening, don’t miss the opportunity."

Many more, I agree with your OP!!! Was just thinking about this yesterday, funny huh?

sunilsunilsunil.blogspot.com...

ON Fear:
www.osho.com...

TONs of great stuff on Osho inner child and workshops, techniques and such...

edit on pm1031pmTue, 27 Oct 2015 13:57:10 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Your questions don't come to the point.

They deflect from the fact that your circular logic is perfect in its roundness.

Besides, I can't project because, there is no me. Which of course shows that you only apply your theory when it suits the argument.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The questions are given so you can explore what fear is.
When there is a looking directly at 'fear' it is found to be a sensation - but looking directly at fear is avoided as the thoughts tend to begin telling stories about how the fear came about and how to get rid of it and how to avoid it.
The thoughts might then imagine that fear can be avoided and joy/happiness can be got.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I prefer to be a fool, no child, because the fool knows and has experiences.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join