It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Child: Seriousness comes from fear, without fear, there's Laughter and Playfulness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The questions are given so you can explore what fear is.

I don't want or need them.

When there is a looking directly at 'fear' it is found to be a sensation - but looking directly at fear is avoided as the thoughts tend to begin telling stories about how the fear came about and how to get rid of it and how to avoid it.
The thoughts might then imagine that fear can be avoided and joy/happiness can be got.

All of that is irrelevant to my point.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

All of that is irrelevant to my point.

What is your point?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think I do but only because my idea of 'fear' comes in to head when spiders or cockroaches appear, other than that I try not to as much as possible. The only other sense that seems to rise is that antsy one of life. Trying to see and do everything I want before my time or my parent's time expires such as making them grandparents and things like that.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
What is your point?

So, you just jumped in without reading the thread?

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
So, you are not willing to discuss fear - no problem.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No, not on your terms, for reasons already stated.

ETA: And the fact that you have to ask what my point is shows that you don't want to discuss it on mine.

edit on 27-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I asked what your point is so you could elaborate and explain so the discussion could start afresh with some clear understanding to what you wanted to discuss.
I don't think a discussion should be on anyone's terms - the discussion should be about the subject .

edit on 27-10-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I am the biggest kid ever.

It's great!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

My point: "any one can experience laughter, joy and playfulness but calling it an inner-child and pointing at babies as an example is not accurate"

Honestly, you are always pushing your nothing is happening dogma. I don't care to get into it. I have explained before why I think your theory is flawed and nothing has changed since the last time so, why go into it again.
edit on 27-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I understand - thank you for your honesty.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

With fear, worry, and stress, we begin to take Life seriously. We build up toxins and brain-killing stress hormones in the body (cortisol), we laugh less, feel less happy, smile less, and start judging everyone including ourselves out of fear.

Existence must be taken seriously but it doesn't have to be so filled with stresses that can make living in it uncomfortable. You learn to take things serious primarily out of experience. Experiences gained through out the phases of existence...

You can still have fun for example being a parent watching your children play by a beach. Yes it is a stress free happy moment(s) full of laugh and joy with the parent and children. But the parents have to still be seriously aware about and during the entire time of play. As the parents watch the children near the fun but possible unsafe water.

So at times with the more mature as 1 used the parent child example things must be taken serious but that does not mean these times must also be stressful.

Fear does however cause stress, and causes the need to be serious for potential survival instinct associated situations and at those times and decision points you must be serious or you may not survive. But I think that is part of the instinct gained as a CREATOR Creation evolves
for example from single to multi staged being forms as it learned to avoid and protect its young/offspring and flee from threats and or predators...

So to 1 it is best to find ways to eliminate fear but at the same time allow intelligence for caution to obtain AN awareness of your current location of existence. And also learn & survive within it, until you Ascend...
By doing this fear elimination you free yourself of those unwanted feelings of ( serious concern ) that may overrun the consciousness and body chemical distribution as the being experiences fear and worry, which = stress/sadness / low vibrating afraid energy.

Babies are born without obsessing over worry and stress. They laugh a lot, see Life as fun, love exploring and learning, see Life as friendly, and don't hold on to grudges.

Agreed
this is largely due to them not being aware as babies- children or youth to the realm they have been born / grown into and also due to them not being taught or have been exposed to any ignorance.

It seems if not taught and or exposed to ignorance, many can grow to be happy and produce more LOVE. And be in lack of grudge making and ignorance spreading. And hopefully as time matures many into adulthood they would then adapt to being overall free of extra stresses and pains that tend to divide species into civilizations as grudges taught long ago carry on into the current and try to jump into the future.

Without building up stressful and negative beliefs, there is much more Freedom to Laugh and Play, have Faith in the Goodness in Life, and to treat others more Kindly.

edit on 10/27/15 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr1Akula

Reality is Bliss, as soon as illusion knocks the door, you become less and less happy...

But we can always return to Truth - our true nature of bliss.

Laughter is healing.

That is funny, trying to tell everyone what our True Nature is.

Truth is not found in bliss, and laughter is needed why ?

Because much more than bliss, love, joy, and happiness exists.

Whether you like it or not, you are in for some serious problems when you actually find out what TRUTH is.

Laughter is the gift of the DEFENSE, a mechanism used to shut OUT the truth....

Yes, continue to pretend that all is love, and ONE, and forget all the reality that is likely much more complex and FAR from love as you can get.

No choice involved either, you can ignore it for as long as you can,

Think of it this way, you have to continuously chant the mantra that Love is ALL, because in your GUT, you know it only accounts for maybe 10% of all that is.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Babies and animals are mostly living in the moment and don't stay angry/sad for long. They are born focusing on joy and knowing they are supposed to be happy.

Some people obsess so long on worries and fear that it begins to feel "realistic" to them, then they have a pessimistic view of Life and call it "realism".

UTTER BS.

It is beyond amazing that the higher realms of everything have ALL been totally lied too and fooled, but the delusion is so incredible, so advanced that it has the most well meaning souls teaching outright lies.

NOTHING is focused purely on joy, and love, NEVER WAS, and NEVER WILL.

Please take your head out of the sandbox you have been dunked into, and realize just how these "creators" operate.

They will do ANYTHING to tell you to stay in this system, to try and make it all good, to try and believe that it is part of a GODLY PLAN.... or any other plan.

This is very hard for most, to realize that all the heroes they follow, are just as fooled as you.

Nothing will change, or ever get better whilst we fall for the oldest of tricks.

We will not allow it, you WILL SEE.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr1Akula

Reality is Bliss, as soon as illusion knocks the door, you become less and less happy...

But we can always return to Truth - our true nature of bliss.

Laughter is healing.

In my 20's and 30's I had a smile on my face constantly. Co-workers would sometimes mention how they were always told never to trust somebody who smiled all the time. Not that I neglected my duties at work. I always take work seriously, but I really liked to have fun doing it. Now, in my late 50's, I wonder where that person went.

I'm disabled now after rupturing 2 lumbar discs, degenerative disc disease of my cervical vertebra, a minor heart attack, and gout. Now, I've become exactly what I said I'd never be. Judgemental, quick tempered, and inpatient towards other folks.

You can be serious and have fun. Or, you can be serious and have no fun. I wish the "me" from my younger years was back. I just can't figure out how to get there from where I am.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Think of it this way, you have to continuously chant the mantra that Love is ALL, because in your GUT, you know it only accounts for maybe 10% of all that is.

I could just as easily say that you chant the mantra that Love is not ALL/Truth because you know in your HEART that in reality it is.

I don't have a "we will not allow it" attitude because there's no reason to. When the nightmare is gone, the Truth is still there.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Okeyd57
You can be serious and have fun. Or, you can be serious and have no fun.

Pretty much breaks down the premise of the OP.

I wish the "me" from my younger years was back. I just can't figure out how to get there from where I am.

There are those who believe that the purpose of life is to be in that state, or something like that, all the time. It reminds me of something Robert Monroe describes in one of his books. If you are not familiar with him he was a man that researched out of body experiences. He has three books which lay out his findings.

If my memory is as sharp as I would like to believe, it was the third book, Ultimate Journey, where, during an OBE, he wishes to go "home". He gets his chance and goes to a place that sounds a lot like heaven. Colored clouds and music, relaxing and soothing. He thinks how great it will be to return and be there forever then, he then notices how boring it is and comes to the conclusion that that is why he left in the first place.

Why bring it up? Well, because it would seem to me that, all those people pushing enlightnment as a way to get back to a place or state of mind where everything is rosy seem to be doing what Monroe did in that anecdote but, they fall short of the realization that he achieved. That keeps them striving for that place but, if Monroe's take is correct, that isn't where you really want to be either.

So, life can be rough and even cruel at times but, maybe, that's what we want, for whatever reason. A learning experience, a point of reference, the ying to our yang. It seems nobody here really knows.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This is so true. Those who cant laugh at themselves make life so much more difficult. I find that laughter and positive sarcasm does wonders in any situation.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It is all about losing yourself.
Playfulness and joy arise when you are not there. When you are concerned with how you appear in a situation there is no freedom to just be.
If you (preconceptions, anticipations) are appearing in the picture it will conflict with what is happening and there can be no harmony when there is conflict.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join