It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner Child: Seriousness comes from fear, without fear, there's Laughter and Playfulness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

With fear, worry, and stress, we begin to take Life seriously. We build up toxins and brain-killing stress hormones in the body (cortisol), we laugh less, feel less happy, smile less, and start judging everyone including ourselves out of fear.

Babies are born without obsessing over worry and stress. They laugh a lot, see Life as fun, love exploring and learning, see Life as friendly, and don't hold on to grudges.

Without building up stressful and negative beliefs, there is much more Freedom to Laugh and Play, have Faith in the Goodness in Life, and to treat others more Kindly.

Do you connect to your Inner-Child of Laughter, Playfulness, and Joy? If so, how often?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
DUDE DUDE DUDE

THERE'S A BRAIN

IN

OUR BELLY REGION

IT SECRETES

BENZODIAZEPINES THAT IS AMAZING

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I got three young lovely kids, and if I am not working or on ATS, I become a kid myself and all playful...

But there is a time for everything, but I don't think seriousness has to be out of fear everytime.

Think about, how serious people are ever gonna take you for anything, if you approach people playfully all the time?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"Babies are born without obsessing over worry and stress. They laugh a lot, see Life as fun, love exploring and learning, see Life as friendly, and don't hold on to grudges. "

Isn't that a little....wrong?
Babies are fearful, suspicious, angry, miserable when they have gas and if you hurt them they def do have the brains to remember it and not like you.

I do not think you must have ever had a pet human?

Really, people need to spend their days on earth with vigilance and trepidation, it's the polyanna thing that gives our spirits, minds, "hearts" (figuratively and literally) and bodies a break and allows us to go back and forth, somewhat the way one checks meters and the road back and forth while driving.
Although I have watched people drive that never look anywhere but straight ahead unless they have to for some reason. Haha they're about as dangerous out of the car as they are in.

By all means, be your song in your own being, but be sure to keep checking gauges and mirrors to miss as many bumps, bodies, speed traps and other vehicles as possible.
Be cautious with "wonderful nonsense" too. If you can have more tangible reasons to be content you won't seek mental escape and comfort as much.

(****does not apply to the gone. They truly have been progged and groomed to be helpless, mindless and sexually permissive. It's their "duty" to please others volunteer. Feeling happy in their thoughts is the goal of their lives. I was talking about the "still alive" needing that vigilance and that good happy that comes from accomplishment instead of imagination)

"You know how some people say we only use 10% of our brain? Well I think we only use 10% of our heart." - Owen Wilson movie character putzing a rich girl

I see my inner child everyday. Sometimes he's great as ever. Sometimes he's terrified or morose. I try to make it up to him or let him have his way. His level of candor won't allow me to discuss him further.
He hates omelaus and wants out of the cage.
edit on 25-10-2015 by curenado because: The inner child part

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I think you have it backwards. I think it is anger and fear that come from seriousness, serenity, respect, solemnity, sacredness, holiness, etc.

When someone is angry, for example, it is because they think something that is solemn is not being met with proper respect. Likewise, fear and stress are thoughts of serenity not being met.

Meditate on this: What is solemn? What is the feeling of solemn? Where does it come from and what does it mean?

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My inner child just grew up and realized it has to go to work every day.
Is throwing a fit now so we disconnected.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: curenado
"Babies are born without obsessing over worry and stress. They laugh a lot, see Life as fun, love exploring and learning, see Life as friendly, and don't hold on to grudges. "

Isn't that a little....wrong?
Babies are fearful, suspicious, angry, miserable when they have gas and if you hurt them they def do have the brains to remember it and not like you.

I do not think you must have ever had a pet human?

Really, people need to spend their days on earth with vigilance and trepidation, it's the polyanna thing that gives our spirits, minds, "hearts" (figuratively and literally) and bodies a break and allows us to go back and forth, somewhat the way one checks meters and the road back and forth while driving.
Although I have watched people drive that never look anywhere but straight ahead unless they have to for some reason. Haha they're about as dangerous out of the car as they are in.

By all means, be your song in your own being, but be sure to keep checking gauges and mirrors to miss as many bumps, bodies, speed traps and other vehicles as possible.
Be cautious with "wonderful nonsense" too. If you can have more tangible reasons to be content you won't seek mental escape and comfort as much.

(****does not apply to the gone. They truly have been progged and groomed to be helpless, mindless and sexually permissive. It's their "duty" to please others volunteer. Feeling happy in their thoughts is the goal of their lives. I was talking about the "still alive" needing that vigilance and that good happy that comes from accomplishment instead of imagination)

"You know how some people say we only use 10% of our brain? Well I think we only use 10% of our heart." - Owen Wilson movie character putzing a rich girl

I see my inner child everyday. Sometimes he's great as ever. Sometimes he's terrified or morose. I try to make it up to him or let him have his way. His level of candor won't allow me to discuss him further.
He hates omelaus and wants out of the cage.
Happiness cannot be a goal. It either is or is not.

Imaginary? The happiness of a child receiving a gift is no less significant than a man's, who having made his first million, is also jubilant.

However, the child only needed a candy bar. The man, in this case, needed a million dollars.

Accomplishments don't outweigh happiness. Never

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

That sounds really interesting. Notice how laughter feels like it comes from the belly, and look at how healing laughter is:

1.Laughter relaxes the body and relieves tension and stress and relaxes muscles for up to 45 minutes later.

2.Laughter decreases stress hormones such as cortisol which is known to kill brain cells, cause memory loss, and cause premature aging in the brain.

3.Laughter increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.

4.Laughter causes a releases of endorphins which is known to create feelings of peace and temporarily reduce pain.

5.Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which helps to protect against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

6.Laughter engages the entire brain and triggers the brain to increase gamma brain waves which is known to increase memory recall, increase sensory perception, increases focus, and helps the brain to process information faster.

7. Laughter causes a release of Oxytocin which stimulates feelings of Empathy, Gratitude, and Bonding.

If Laughter is associated with the belly and has this powerful of a healing effect on the body , brain, mind, and emotion state of being, then this brain hidden in the gut is probably extremely important.

Have you heard of The Solar Plexus (yellow joyful energy of the belly)? Do you think this relates to the gut brain and laughter?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Blissful

That sounds really interesting. Notice how laughter feels like it comes from the belly, and look at how healing laughter is:

1.Laughter relaxes the body and relieves tension and stress and relaxes muscles for up to 45 minutes later.

2.Laughter decreases stress hormones such as cortisol which is known to kill brain cells, cause memory loss, and cause premature aging in the brain.

3.Laughter increases immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.

4.Laughter causes a releases of endorphins which is known to create feelings of peace and temporarily reduce pain.

5.Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, which helps to protect against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems.

6.Laughter engages the entire brain and triggers the brain to increase gamma brain waves which is known to increase memory recall, increase sensory perception, increases focus, and helps the brain to process information faster.

7. Laughter causes a release of Oxytocin which stimulates feelings of Empathy, Gratitude, and Bonding.

If Laughter is associated with the belly and has this powerful of a healing effect on the body , brain, mind, and emotion state of being, then this brain hidden in the gut is probably extremely important.

Have you heard of The Solar Plexus (yellow joyful energy of the belly)? Do you think this relates to the gut brain and laughter?
I do! Get it?
Manipura/Solar Plexus chakra. I do?

However there are a number of things which can prevent this so-called 'brain' from working properly. Diet, for example, can be extremely harmful upon the entire body. What I know from experience is that the belly laughter usually, in my case, only occurs when around other people. Part of the three brain system (the heart's also comprised of 65% neurons) it's a lot of fun using all three.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ignorance is bliss, as soon as harsh reality knocks the door you become less and less happy.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Reallya reply to: Dr1AkulaMeditation creating the resilience to all sadness, the reality is that we choose our own happiness.

It happens whenever you like. Everything's beautiful to the man who decides to see it as such.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Reality is Bliss, as soon as illusion knocks the door, you become less and less happy...

But we can always return to Truth - our true nature of bliss.

Laughter is healing.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

You obviously don't have much experience with babies.

You are just relying on a stereotype about them to make your point.
edit on 26-10-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Personally i take laughter,love and kindness pretty seriously.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Agreed. Babies cry their freaking heads off and are scared of all kinds of crap even have fits of anger right out of the box so to speak. We lose our innocences far earlier then anyone realizes and that's if we even have it at all to begin with. Even the vary young are capable of understanding their action.

a reply to: daskakik

edit on 26-10-2015 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Stress and despair attract low frequency and negative parasites and apparitions. When New Agers talk about cleansing chakras, its when these parasites infest and coalesce at your meridians that are leased to your lymphatic system. The gel catalyzes and ultimately crystalizes on your lymph nodes, causing inflammation and a weaken immune system. Eat healthier and enjoy things in life that invoke AMRs or Meridian pulses. Its that feel good spine tingling rush that convects to your head.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Babies and animals are mostly living in the moment and don't stay angry/sad for long. They are born focusing on joy and knowing they are supposed to be happy.

Some people obsess so long on worries and fear that it begins to feel "realistic" to them, then they have a pessimistic view of Life and call it "realism".

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So your gonna shift the goal posts?

Seems like you are stressing about being right.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Babies and animals are mostly living in the moment and don't stay angry/sad for long. They are born focusing on joy and knowing they are supposed to be happy.

There is a really great film called 'Inside Out' by Disney which is a must see. There is a baby born and inside there is a character called Joy who is quickly joined by another character called Sadness (who suddenly appears as soon as the baby cries) - these characters are just the first two to appear inside the baby.
It is interesting because - the girl has no control over the characters (emotions) actions.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

The goal is the same now as it were before, a discussion on The Freedom and Healing Power of Joy and Laughter.

I'm not stressed about being right. I'm just posting what I observed to be true for happiness and creating a discussion about it. If you disagree, that's ok with me, there's no stress about it.

The science shows that there are many healing benefits of Laughter leading to a longer life, decreasing the brain-cell-killing stress hormone cortisol, stimulating the entire brain in a beneficial way with gamma brain-waves, and many other effects.

Discussing this topic is a joy for me.

a reply to: Itisnowagain

It is interesting because - the girl has no control over the characters (emotions) actions.

But she could still be aware of the characters actions and focus her awareness on Joy. She can still choose her best friend.

Awareness is the Freedom and Power to choose. Some people stay in a habit of sadness others have a strong Inner Light and Faith to always return to Joy even if sadness does arrive.
edit on 26-10-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join