It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigotry or Racism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander

When my wife pulled up one of the Somalians got out of the van walked down the ditch and laid down casually, and when the other lady pulled up my wife was listen to the lady but watched the guy in the ditch, he had his eyes closed now listening to them, the lady asked about him and my wife said he is fine, at that point he opened up his eyes and looked at them and sat up.

How did your wife know he was fine if she didn't examine him?

The local hospital in the area did not send out and ambulance since the current staff was all female, they had to page and ambulance from the next town over to help with the Somalians.

Your local hospital is terrible.

The town that they established themselves in the local residents rename it little Somalia, the crime rate went up 200%, parks are off limits to kids because of them, they walk around town laying around in the summer on the court house lawn and around the government buildings, signs in schools were added for their kids, the state gave them driver’s license without even taking a road test (terrible drivers) and none of them have applied for us citizenship that I know of yet. (Small community news travels fast). They don’t have bank accounts and they use local establishments to cash there checks, (government and work), but recently a week ago one establishment (local Bar and grill) told them he don’t have enough to cash the check and the guys demanded that he did and argued for a few minutes in front of the customers, well the Somalian’s left and came back this time waiving a gun, but when one of the customers called the sheriff’s department they fled, now that establishment will not cash any checks for them. How did he get a gun is my question?

Your "local" community is terrible

So knowing this the hospital has instructions its staff that no female should touch or talk to Somalian males because it will offended them in one way or another, so that is why my wife did not help them.

Above you said your wife said they were fine, just on visual inspections. Did she help them or didn't she? Look at them is kind of helping, I guess. Your wife is semi-terrible at being a nurse.

WHY should we care, we provided them an opportunity to better themselves but they don’t, they are using the United States and the war visa, they have caused more harm in the area than good, they are playing us at every turn like the guy above laying in the ditch.

Oh there is more and more about the doings of the Somalians in my neck of the woods

We should just pack the lot of them up and send them back to Somalia, war visas are expired time to go.

So am I being a bigot or racist

You are neither. You are just a terrible person from a terrible town that I hope I never stop off to get gas at when driving through the area.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If you think you are better than they are because of their skin color then you are a racist.
If you can't stand being around them because of their behavior you are not racist.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck

I'm pretty sure they don't want you to stop in their town either.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Wow.

It amazes me how people regurgitate the pablum they are fed in the name of being politically correct.

Amazing.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

You're right, "racism" is not a good word for what we mean by it because we're all human but it is the word we all use and understand and we use it to mean what you call culturalism or I guess you used culturalist which is actually a word but it means something entirely different.

It's still your brain, through your eyes, that have already placed a bias, based on skin color, that a person is of a different culture than you.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Did I even once mention the somalis?

Do you realize you are acting based off of your own bias in how you perceive me?

Do you know what ethnicity I am?

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I see lot of They and Them...

Im guess ALL Somali's are up to no good. which is statistically and realistically IMPOSSIBLE.

*waiting fo the next ignorant member to extrapolate to "Immigrants" then further extrapolate to "All Immigrants".

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Did I even once mention the somalis?

Your original reply was to label the OP as a culturalist rather than racist so it doesn't matter whether you yourself have an issue with Somali's or not.

Do you realize you are acting based off of your own bias in how you perceive me?

I'm reacting to your words and statements. As you are to me.

Do you know what ethnicity I am?

That doesn't necessarily matter.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's still your brain, through your eyes, that have already placed a bias, based on skin color, that a person is of a different culture than you.

"All apples come from trees. Therefore, all trees produce apples." -your accusation of nullafides thoughts in a nutshell. Everything he has said is the complete opposite of your trolling.

Do you understand how ridiculous your social justice warrior platform is now? Disliking aspects of a culture is not a part of racism.

You know what a person that makes an ASSumption is, right?

Ghost

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You folks are just plain funny.

Thanks for the laugh!

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Now I'm an SJW? LOL

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

I will give you a decent answer and very unexpected no doubt.
I am from a place called Longsight in Manchester England and we had a major influx of Somalians into an already multi cultured area,the crime went ballistic and they did sex crimes that sent the local population into meltdown.
An ultimatum was delivered by the local community of black and whites united together that they either leave within 2 days or they will be dealt with accordingly (nudge nudge wink wink)
That whole weekend about 150 all got up and left.
Some cultures are not fit to mix with modern society.

Longsight is a s**thole, and it was/is a s**thole before and after any Somalis lived there.....this obviously made up tale makes no sense even if it were true.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This has nothing to do with someone being of a certain skin color.

But it does. Your eyes already alerted your brain to "different!". But either way, culturalism isn't really any less of a negative.

To clarify because, ridiculously, it seems I have to. When I said "Your eyes" I was using it in the general, not specific. Most bias begins by your brain perceiving "different". Whether it happens because of skin color or cultural indication doesn't matter all that much, one is not better than the other.
edit on 10/18/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
So am I being a bigot or racist

I would say Yes.

And on the title of "culturalist"

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Bigotry is the intolerance of someone else's opinions. People seem to use that word a lot and not understand what it means. Ironically, calling someone a bigot is a form of bigotry.

Somalian isn't a race. It seems apparent that it isn't their shade of skin that bothers you. What is racist, however, are those that overlook these individual's behavior because of the color of their skin.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
judgmental off the back, there have been issues with the local Somalians about women touching them or talking to them, they will not talk to women or just plan out right walk away. Sure the local hospital may not be the best but they understood and respect that the Somalians would refuse treatment if the all female ambulance showed up, So they sent another male staffed ambulance.

Never said what my wife did, just that she works at a hospital, again judgemental.

You don't know my wife nor do you live in our community, sounds like to me your just a grumpy person that just don't get the picture and don't want to offer any advice on the topic but just want to be judgmental to get there two cents in and I am glad you don't live here nor plan on coming throw,

I guess you are the Bigot here, which was my original question

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Text
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
You are correct its not the color of their skin or mine that bothers me, but the intolerance that they show to others in the hospitals, in the schools and their places of work.

The community was somewhat side blinded when that poultry producer brought them here and housed them for cheaper labor, and the jobs available disappeared, then the crime rate went up along with the accident rate, its all the things that were done to accommodate them and they decide to wipe there feet on the those that were trying to help them have a better life after arriving here on war visa, its gotten to the point that they have more rights and benefits than those that truly need it. Why are we even trying to help, they don't want it unless it benefits them.

Overlooking there behavior is not the issue, there are those that keep a close eye one them along with the FBI, that is around from time to time because of complains and the sheriffs department, but nothing seems to happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: angus1745

I feel like this kind of talk is a bad element of the states. I wonder who else you want to send back to sewer countries...

OP this sounds like a bunch of anecdotal nonsense except for maybe the actual incident.
Think you are confusing fact with rumor in your small town.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
No rumor all fact, when you know the sheriff, and prior sheriff and the Hospital Administrator and one of the Local judges the things you can find out, again small community and as the saying goes, you poop in this town and everyone knows.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

TBH it did sound like that type of town.......but you'd think some new genes in the pool would be a welcome thing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join