It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do you troll?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i had a similar thread to this one that got deleted, i think it was because it was basically just two lines, i don't think this thread violates any rules but if it does please delete and forgive me

i think ats is one of the sites on the net that has a troll online 24/7 , its just that out there. i myself enjoy trolling the dreaded craigslist .

what is it to be a troll? is there really a difference between a troller who just started out and one thats been doing it for years? i think so but thats just me.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

An interesting question and one that I hope can stay civil and be discussed like adults without gettig 404'd

I personally do not intentionally troll but I think I may be guilty of the opposite, I like to play devils advocate and will often take a stance that I do not really agree with to balance out the playing field as it were.

To give you an example if there is a thread about the hollow earth I will tend to side with those that agree and annoy those that get angry with anyone that does simply to maintain balance and amuse myself.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Never trolled before ats. I started to try and reason, using basic logic and pleading with people to just check the links provided which will help them, but slowly learnt it's often not possible, especially in religious threads.

In these threads I just mock the narrow minded crap they repeat (form of trolling) as reason has no place. Belittling and mocking is the only way these people will take a step back. It's not what I intend but the supidity is overwhelming sometimes, especially when these bait threads attract them all to one location.

Will never troll a science thread or world news...just the christians who were groomed early in life ....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah I troll. Sometimes and within limits.

Not maliciously. More out of humor and there are some ATS members I know which buttons to push. And to be fair they do the same to me, but its all good nothing really personal in it. And if I do accidentally offend anyone I will send a apology pm.

I would never take to bullying levels or do it to cause hurt.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

what is it to be a troll?

That is a good question. Some, like myself, may be unsure of the exact definition you are using for the term "troll".

Care to elaborate what a 'troll' is so we can all be on the same page discussing this?

I am serious. I see this term tossed around so much that I am genuinely unsure as to the exact meaning of the word.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

is there really a difference between a troller who just started out and one thats been doing it for years?
$$$$$ baby ...Just like ISIS there are people ready to offer the $$$$ to do their bidding .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I seen some of your posts and you fail as a troll ...no $$$$ for you :>)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't know what you lot are talking about but when I was younger I used to troll regularly.
What you do is put a lead shot on your fishing line and walk down the river casting in and out as you go. Now that's trolling.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I am glad you said this as I agree, what is a troll? can we discuss this in a civil manner without getting in trouble?

As I said I like to play devils advocate, especially with serial debunkers, there are people out there that seem to take great exeption at anything that does not fit the standard view. I like to poke them but in what I think is a polite and unarguable way to see what happens.

Does this make me a troll?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I seen some of your posts and you fail as a troll ...no $$$$ for you :>)

HeH Heh, thanks....I think.

Can I be trained so I can make $$$$ at it???

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
A troll is a person that will post something just to get a reaction.
Sarah palin is a genius..
Hillary Clinton is beautiful...
The Cubs are going to win the World Series,,,,, "I wish"..,

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
A troll is a person that will post something just to get a reaction.
Sarah palin is a genius..
Hillary Clinton is beautiful...
The Cubs are going to win the World Series,,,,, "I wish"..,

IE i mention gun control on a thread (even though I believe it would be a bad idea in the US) just so i can watch certain members blow there nut and go off on one

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Same method here except without the water :>)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh yeah,
Guns, abortion, religion, take your pick.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am trying to learn but if you score first pm me and tell me how you did it :>) I promise a % of my $$$$

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: crazyewok

Oh yeah,
Guns, abortion, religion, take your pick.

Meh dont like the abortion one as dont like the topic myself.

But yeah religions always a good one to kick up a stink!

Anti vaxxors are a good one to troll

edit on 13-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Go Jays ,go ...go Jays go ....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I try to avoid the 3 G's

Guns, gods and gays.

Pointless unending arguments between 2 types of people that are unwilling to change regardless of what is said.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I Lol at trolls, they try to be droll, but they are very dull, see y'all.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I am glad you said this as I agree, what is a troll? can we discuss this in a civil manner without getting in trouble?

I would hope so but from previous experience over the years I am no longer surprised when threads deteriorate rapidly.

Trolls? Maybe? LoL

As I said I like to play devils advocate, especially with serial debunkers, there are people out there that seem to take great exeption at anything that does not fit the standard view. I like to poke them but in what I think is a polite and unarguable way to see what happens.

I have always enjoyed your 'devils advocacy', it provokes in a polite way.
It reinforces my stereotype of your homeland, in a good way. I feel most Americans have lost that ability, sadly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join