It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a DOD/CIA funded psyops?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I have always been suspicious of who actually runs this site, what is done with the vast amount of "incriminating" evidence that users tend to post about their particular interests, and generally if there may be a data collection/surveillance aspect to the arts operation. It seems to at once be a place for conspiracy theorists to communicate but at the same time seems to have an underlying pro-military, right wing agenda. The tone of many posts is often oddly deferential to US government interests. Forgive me if this is a well trod subject and if it has been debunked but very unreliable sources reported years ago that this website is in fact funded by DOD/CIA. That it exists primarily as thinly veiled disinformation for the purpose of confusing and discrediting dissent by controlling the narrative and making the idea of questioning the government and media's corporate agenda synonymous with believing in UFO's.

ADMIN EDIT...

edit on 10-10-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: Added the appropriate link

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Oh no another has discovered our secret. Mark target for elimination

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm on it.

Target located. Latitude 45.373615 Longitude -121.695951.

edit on 10-10-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I'm on it.

If you can this time make it look like a accidental alien abduction.

Those ones are always a good laugh

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The MIBs are on their way with balloons and flares to create a UFO for the public.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Simple answer? No. It isn't.

If you'll notice both sides always complain about ATS leaning too far right or too far left on any given day. Those on the left obviously notice that the site is over run with right wingers and those on the right could swear that the site is mainly all left wingers.

Odd how that happens.... But it does happen. Generally about once a week.

TL;DR? No.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SteveDriggs

These humans are often remarkably astute, aren't they?

I shall alert the cleaners.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   
What source claims that ATS is funded by DOD/CIA?

Let's assume your are right, do you really think they would tell you?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
ATS is one of the most paranoid places on the Internet. So it's only natural you are all under some government psyop. We wouldn't want it any other way.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
ATS ownership does have close ties to military, government and intelligence individuals. Kit Green comes to mind. Alexander and Aquino were both given AMA slots and both were int psyops, etc.

As to who fianances ATS, oh I'm sure the owners would love a little defense contract but I doubt CIA is footing the bill.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Of course it's not CIA or DoD funding this site. It's the Illuminati.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It is run by the government but not the US one but the UK one to spy on USA folks.
One of the owners called Simon is a brit and is never here so he is like James Bond.
Oh and I just made all that up.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The whole internet is a psyop, jeezus get your tin-foil on man!.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SteveDriggs

That it exists primarily as thinly veiled disinformation for the purpose of confusing and discrediting dissent by controlling the narrative and making the idea of questioning the government and media's corporate agenda synonymous with believing in UFO's.

It is funny that this actually happened right away.

Not saying the owners are on it here, but there definately are active government programs running here.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not sure what your angle is here, what do you think that pic shows?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RogueWave

I honestly don't have any kind of angle, really.

Except to say that anti-establishment topics are notorious amoung conspiracy theorist, so by default are also notorious on this site.

So of course various government agencies keep a close eye on it... But I nor know or even care whether it goes deeper. Its just a fun and interesting place to hang out, at the end of the day.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I honestly don't have any kind of angle, really.

Off course you did, you posted it for a specific reason.

What it shows is that when Trevor the independent thinker makes an accurate observation about the situation, he gets mocked by the hurd even though he is right.
edit on 10-10-2015 by RogueWave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Everybody knows the best way to find out if somebody is a secret agent or running a psy op is to just ask them.

It's like asking an undercover if he's a cop. They're not allowed to lie.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If I was running a psyop, I would go about to every website where the truth is coming out and claim "this place is a psyop".

Makes people less likely to share their opinions for fear of government eavesdropping. Kind of flattering from a certain perspective…

Here is the real "OPs".

Link to image

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join