It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a DOD/CIA funded psyops?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The tone of many posts is often oddly deferential to US government interests.

Actually, most of us are pretty critical of govt, no matter who's it is. And now that Journalism is dead, well at least honest reporting is, that's our job. It's up to us to help keep'em "honest" and shout BS from the rooftops when needed. And, if this site were really saying things that revealed too much, THEY would just shut it down, throw the owners in prison on trumped up charges and that would be the end of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Mt. Hood?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SteveDriggs

When you don't know--not aimed at you Driggs-anything about what you are talking about, make fun of the topic and others will get side-tracked by your apparent cleverness and aim to one-up you, or blow off the entire thread as irrelevant.

The real position to respond from is to have an overall knowledge of the situation far beyond the idea in the thread and present a sage judgement. Usually, that judgement has to be self-contained as the necessary data to present an astute observation on the topic to others is too much trouble to put into a post or even a thread for the general level of consciousness on ATS.

More precisely, about the only folks that can accept blanket accusations about gov't intrusions into what most assume are fairly harmless social media (yes, that throws ATS in there with FaceBook) are those that have had experiences outside of accepted reality, thus, a catalysis is formed. In part, these would be witnesses of a decent UFO/triangle sighting, abduction experience and/or some manner of psi phenomena denied by conventional science and authorities. Those outside of that "knowing" merely mill in mostly confusion and wonder.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
-sigh-

Here we go again.

I added the default response to the opening post, which is a link to this 2011 thread: ATS Reality: CoIntelPro, Shills, Freemasons, and Socks: The Definitive Guide

We've always been exceptionally transparent about who runs this place, and where the money comes from (ads).

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's a business, plain and simple.

I think it's fair to assume interest is given to this site due to it's content and popularity, but am not concerned. Anywhere you type, the NSA is storing the info in a datacenter storage vault. Wherever critical thought against propaganda exists with sufficient organization, alphabet agencies and military intelligence are working to fight the information war. Part of the terrain.

As to who is an agent or bot account? I don't give it much thought. I have had interest in how threads can seem to shift quickly towards absurdity and how information can be twisted to reframe issues away from the ball, but tend to think this is mere intellect of an ordinary user manipulating the situation.

Let's say you work for a company and have a dozen sock puppets to game a site. You can seem to move up popularity ranks with a dominant persona by systematically staring more often views which align with your stance. The degree of alignment warrants quantity of stars given. You play by the culture, feel out for an awesome avatar and sig... I mean sock teams are what I'd be looking for rather than ownership links to the government.
edit on 10-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

That's in part to the schedule we all worked out.

Left gets odd days and first and third weekends.
Right gets even days and second and fourth weekends.
Independents get the occasional fifth weekend.

Edit to add:

a reply to: Rosinitiate

You see those ads around on the boards? You should! Because that's how YOU finance ATS by viewing and clicking on them! So thanks!

edit on 10/10/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Strange that I came here and this thread was up this morning. Last night I ran across several anti-ats vids on youtube. None of them had much meat to them except the supposed Anonymous video. I did find it funny that there are videos calling out several members by name and claiming they are linked to a pedophile ring on ATS.

The motto has always been something that has bothered me. It is very Orwellian. Denial of anything that is uncertain, unknown sounds like a disinfo mission statement.

Another thing that I am sure the ATS laity consider suspicious is the number of openly Masonic moderators. It really doesn't help the credibility of a site founded on masonic conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: NihilistSanta

I'm not a mason and I doubt most staff are. That there are some speaks to the plurality of our staff. Not all are Christian either, which makes me feel like I'm not alone.

I am also not an American, nor do I wish to be one.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Could you possibly give a link to some of those videos?

As far as the original topic, I believe ATS is a CIA data-gathering operation.

Proof? John Lear said so.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Here we go again.

It's that time of year again...where does it go so fast.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If you use common sense , facts , and logic then you can deduct truth regardless of the messenger.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I have always been suspicious of who actually runs this site

Why?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Thats nice but doesn't prove the assumption false all you have done is attempt to rationalize it based on some demographic interpretation.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I would link them but the hazy moderation here makes me err on the side of caution. Simply type abovetopsecret disinfo into youtube.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NihilistSanta
Strange that I came here and this thread was up this morning. Last night I ran across several anti-ats vids on youtube. None of them had much meat to them except the supposed Anonymous video. I did find it funny that there are videos calling out several members by name and claiming they are linked to a pedophile ring on ATS.

The motto has always been something that has bothered me. It is very Orwellian. Denial of anything that is uncertain, unknown sounds like a disinfo mission statement.

Another thing that I am sure the ATS laity consider suspicious is the number of openly Masonic moderators. It really doesn't help the credibility of a site founded on masonic conspiracies.

I once caught one of the members mentioned in those videos replying to themselves on the wrong account, it was epic.

Sadly I loss the screen shot

Said member rarely posts on that account anymore.

I pointed it out in the thread and the staff did nothing about which strengthened the claims that said member was also a mod operating as a regular member.

I keep my opinions on this topic to myself since I can't prove most of what I'm suspicious of.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Not picking on your statement but I just imagined a member of ISIS being made secretary of defense. Obama coming out n TV telling everyone that it speaks to the plurality of America

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yeah... great speculation. I'm sure CNN would be covering it less than FOX if it happened.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Proof? John Lear said so.

John Lear also said...

There's a soul catcher on the dark side of the moon.

Billy Meier really did indeed really interact with extraterrestrials.

Holograms were used for the planes on 9/11/2001 while a space-based weapon brought down the buildings.

And -- the best -- there's a secret submarine base miles below the desert of Nevada.

John Lear has hurt feelings because we post-banned him after he repeatedly modified the words of members' quoted posts without apologizing. Prior to that, he was an enthusiastic fan of ATS as well as prolific member.
edit on 10-10-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I'm well aware of Lear's history on ATS and the comments he made during his Project Camelot interview in, I believe, 2008.

My post was meant to be facetious and a slight bit of elbowing to Lear and those that remember his comments about ATS.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm actually Satan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join