It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS a DOD/CIA funded psyops?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlorde
And -- the best -- there's a secret submarine base miles below the desert of Nevada.

The game Xenogears had a sand submarine called the "Yggdrasil", so why not?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
According to a pole posted by Springer a while back, this site attracts the fringes of society from many countries around the world (though he interpreted the data quite differently).

It would be foolish of any national security agency to not pay us a little extra attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

There's quite a gulf between the alphabet companies checking out ATS and those same companies funding ATS, which is the main thrust of the OP (title included).

I fully expect governments of various countries to be interested in and amused by what our membership might post here.

That we're funded by them is rather 'out there', considering the owners here are always concerned with the costs of running this site.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Not the first time this has been brought up. I seriously doubt it. Being monitored by the alphabet is certain, as is the entire internet. Posts are flagged when key words are written, just as phone conversions can be monitored and recorded when key words, phrases, or languages are spoken.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Controlled Supposition

a reply to: SteveDriggs

In fairness, I used to wonder the same thing before I joined the staff and found out how decisions are actually made behind the scenes.*

Please do forgive some of the more, um, colorful responses, because this has come up a few times before, though it has been a while since the last thread on this subject. I do ask my fellow members not to be too rough, honor the terms & conditions and remember our site motto.

At this point I could talk about how I got started on ATS and my experiences before and after joining the staff, but that appeals to trusting me in some fashion, and let's face it: on the Internet, you can never really trust anyone.

So I think it's usually better to run with the idea and suggest that you (and anyone who wants to) assume your suspicions are 100% correct.

What should you do?

Through The Looking Glass

If ATS is, in fact, run by the government, the best move (in my opinion) would be to stay as far away as possible and have nothing to do with it or anyplace else like it. Not that government-run sites are inherently evil, just that if a site is run by the government and falsely claims it isn't, then they probably are out to get you.

If ATS isn't run by the government (which, honestly, it isn't), it is still a logical target for government surveillance, though given that the US government (and many other governments, lest we forget) has already been shown to be monitoring just about everything, the significance of that possibility is questionable. Indeed, in light of how heavily monitored everything already is, there's likely nowhere on the Internet where anyone can discuss anything without somebody listening in.

So if we don't want to be preemptively silenced by the very fact that we are constantly being watched, what can we do?

The Course Of Recourse

I suggest we exercise what freedom we still have, say what we have to say, and assume everything we say is being monitored.

In such a regime, it makes sense to withhold our real identities, avoid self-incrimination and exclude anyone who seeks to harass, threaten, ridicule or intimidate us.

That's what we do.

Though ATS is far from perfect and there's always room for improvement, I haven't found a better alternative yet, and I'm always looking.

Meanwhile, my advice is to trust no one and suspect everyone, including us. If ATS is right for you, then it's great to have you here, and if not, my respect and best wishes go with you, wherever your path may take you.

* HINT: It's all here. Seriously, that's what we go by.

edit on 10/10/2015 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: yuppa

...all of whom are under absolute control of the British Crown. We just like to delegate some of the less tasteful jobs to you guys so you can feel important.

@SkepticOverlord, please be close to your secure landline for the next hour as your standing orders are about to be updated...

Now now.. I didnt know we were allowwed to give that bit away at least not yet. SIgh. Gotta go the red phone is ringing,and the backwards type writer is typing. Apparently The alternate dimension is asking for a update. Uugh.. a scribes work is never done.
NEW INSTRUCTIONS >>>>>The red fox trots quietly at midnight >>>>> Garden full of weeds, need pulling out by roots, shed door unlocked 19:00GMT >>>>> END OF MESSAGE

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No it is not DOD/CIA funded.
Do you see the ads? If not you have a adblocker, tut-tut naughty.

The site was founded by a Brit, and the American owners have never hidden who they are.
The staff are from New Zealand. OZ, South Africa, Canada, Britain, EUROPE, and then some yanks
Tell a Aussie or Canadian they are CIA americans to their face and see how well that turns out for you

The "agencies" as disclosed by the Snowden thing pretty much told us they can see what you type on Reddit, Facebook, Ashley Maddison, Amazon, TV week and You Tube blah blah, so why would they bother paying for this site when they snoop everywhere else for free.....

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The Crips are raiding the liquor store. I repeat. The Crips are raiding the liquor store.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just once I would like somebody to accuse us of being aliens. We always get accused of being spies and it's getting boring.

Oh, and if anyone does decide that we're aliens, please don't send that History Channel Ancient Aliens Greek hair guy to my house. He creeps me out.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is that ATS can possibly be a CIA/DOD plant but we’ll never know it one way or the other.... Unless somebody spills the beans…Of course it would be a part of a general operation to infiltrate forums like this to disseminate disinfo…misinfo…and just propaganda.

I think though ordinary MSM is enough

But they do watch

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Just once I would like somebody to accuse us of being aliens. We always get accused of being spies and it's getting boring.

Oh, and if anyone does decide that we're aliens, please don't send that History Channel Ancient Aliens Greek hair guy to my house. He creeps me out.

That reminds me: Did you ever get a bead on that spare U248 Plutonium Modulator? I need to get the spare ship fixed so I can get back up to the moon and finish the fake moon landing sites stuff, and then there was that Coke spill inside the crashed alien ship on the far side. I still need to get that mopped up before someone remote views it....

oh crap, wait.....this was a public thread! Where was the memo?!?!?!?!?!?

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

STAFF UNDER ALIEN CONTROL?

edit on 10-10-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If the Government wanted to know what you was up too then they wouldn't need to rely on your ATS postings (although they may well be taken into consideration)

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I want a raise.

Just kidding...

Hey, get away from me with that...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
ATS, I served with the DoD and CIA. I knew the DoD and CIA. The DoD and CIA was a friend of mine. ATS, you're no DoD and CIA.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Did you ever find the History Eraser Button? You were the last to have it.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, do you guys track the frequency in which these threads come up? Is it cyclical in nature?

I have a theory bordering on conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

What?

How'd I get here? Did Burd flashee-thingy me again? I really hate that...

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

We wouldn't keep doing it if it wasn't so damn funny watching you stumble around.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join