It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

that is crazy but possible indeed..

Why not just share blueprints?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What new nukes are these? Please, show me some evidence of Iranian nuclear warheads.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: djz3ro
So far it's USA Today, Fuax News and CNN reporting this, as well as a few, smaller, Stateside publications. Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

This is nothing but american crap News as usuall.... They cant even confirm where in Iran the cruice missiles crashed.

if it turns out to be true, then will you come back and redact your statement?

Yes i will. I have no problem With that

If the US secratary of Defence Ashton Careter state that 4 cruise missiles have crashed in Iran. There would never be any doubt. So why does he say that this can not be confirm at this point ???????

Not sure how dedicated you are to the denial theme?

Iranian media has reported the "mysterious explosions" and pictures and accounts by Iranians have emerged on Social media and continue to do so..

Is the plan for you to Deny, Deny, Deny..then go silent? Or do you spin it and claim it was Israeli Missiles? Or do you just wait for however the Kremlin decides to spin it?

Cuz..point one...It isn't just the US Sec. of Defense saying it...Iranians and Iranian media re reporting it and Iranians are starting to post pictures.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Bicent76

Would the Russians be able to turn off the warheads when they knew they were going the wrong way?.
I dunno I aint no rocket scientist

Yes. They should be able to deactivate the warhead remotely, while it was in transit...they should also have been able to divert their course remotely.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Russia ships to northern Iran on a regular basis. There are far safer ways to do a covert tech transfer.

If the Russians hit Iran (accidental or otherwise), we will know about it soon enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Vastator
Just saw those photos, clearly something hit that ground.
I'm no expert, but shouldn't a cruise missile do a "bit more" of damage than a small hole in the ground?

Well, Iran would need to show some kind of impact in the area as a cover story It still could be a staged detonation to cover up the fact those missiles were dumped intact for them as part of a covert missle technology transfer by Russia.

Put bluntly...the Missile technology is Sh&^...Plus the Russians don't care about Iranian sanctions and would simply give them the technology.

As it stands, everyone is wondering why the Russians chose Cruise Missiles as military analysts are saying there are a ton of better tools for the job. Best guess is that the Russians have limited options/weapons in their tool box and spent the crappy cruise missiles as a cost saving measure.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

What new nukes are these? Please, show me some evidence of Iranian nuclear warheads.

LOL...Save your knee-jerk 'Iran ain't got no nukes' response for another thread. Stay on topic with this one.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76
No they do not have to be active.

But, a 2,000kg object, moving at mach 0.8, does not leave a small mark. Nor would it leave a clean field. There would be bits of debris covering a substantial area.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's now breaking on Iranian media...

Ali Alimadadi ‏@alialimadadi110 · 10m10 minutes ago
#Iran Talsh city residents had rushed into streets early morning after #Russia/n missiles Come Down. http://(link tracking not allowed)/1RwuYcB

This link in Arabic but has the pics of people Talsh flooding the streets at the sound of the explosion

diyarmirza.ir... A8%DB%8C-%DA%A9%D9%87-%D8%AF%D8%B1-%D8%AE%DB%8C%D8%A7%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%86-%D8%B4/

You might want to actually read that page. I put it into google, let google translate it, and the article actually says it was a bursting gas hose or gas cylinder (it's an admittedly weird translation, though).

The story of a tremendous explosion was heard in the streets
Anemone Branch

Persian date Mehr 16, 1394 187665

According to the notification Dyarmyrza, 21 hours and 40 minutes tonight when a loud bang was heard in the area Anemone and around Azad University, and soon the people of the region and some of the citizens to know how to seek the source of the incident were reported. Wind source of the gas cylinder filling station on the street noise was intense.

Branch said witnesses at the scene because of the bursting of the oxygen and the source of the loud Danstnd.dh also believed that the capsule is in the center burst.

Gen. Qassem said that after hearing the explosion, a group of night patrols were dispatched to the site said the explosion of gas cylinder filling station, which fortunately turned out to not harm anyone.

He stated that due to overcrowding and the presence of civilians in the area were informed of the incident said that immediately after the explosion, the governor and the mayor were present at the scene.

Branch police commander said that the center was closed until further notice said citizens living in the metropolitan area were demanding the transfer of the center to the outside.

Esmailpour capsule filling station manager, said: Fortunately, the accident occurred and the specific place and a voice that was heard in the region due to burst gas hose. He stated that the new station fill the gas tanks outside the city built and under construction, said transfer station out of town requires authorities to make the transfer material support to properly and quickly as we can.
ادامه در : دیارمیرزا
Here's the link while letting google translate it
edit on 8-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: forgot to link who I was talking to

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: djz3ro
So far it's USA Today, Fuax News and CNN reporting this, as well as a few, smaller, Stateside publications. Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

This is nothing but american crap News as usuall.... They cant even confirm where in Iran the cruice missiles crashed.

if it turns out to be true, then will you come back and redact your statement?

Yes i will. I have no problem With that

If the US secratary of Defence Ashton Careter state that 4 cruise missiles have crashed in Iran. There would never be any doubt. So why does he say that this can not be confirm at this point ???????

Not sure how dedicated you are to the denial theme?

Iranian media has reported the "mysterious explosions" and pictures and accounts by Iranians have emerged on Social media and continue to do so..

Is the plan for you to Deny, Deny, Deny..then go silent? Or do you spin it and claim it was Israeli Missiles? Or do you just wait for however the Kremlin decides to spin it?

Cuz..point one...It isn't just the US Sec. of Defense saying it...Iranians and Iranian media re reporting it and Iranians are starting to post pictures.

As far as i know from Norwegian UD i have not heard that the Russian missiles hit or crashed in Iran.

But if the story is true i will admit that 4 of the 26 russian cruise missiles did in fact crash in Iran.

But ther is no confirmation on this subject so far.

EDIT my Source in UD is: Ola K.

Sorry i can revial the full name of my Source.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

link   

Best guess is that the Russians have limited options/weapons in their tool box and spent the crappy cruise missiles as a cost saving measure.

If I had to guess, it is because they want to show off the Caspian Flotilla's new toys to potential clients.
2nd.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

LOL...Save your knee-jerk 'Iran ain't got no nukes' response for another thread. Stay on topic with this one.

Wait a mo you bring up the new nukes thing, someone asks you to clarify and you shoot him down like that?.
Classy I too would love to know about these new nukes.
Or are you talking out of your arse?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sounds like western propaganda to me.

Trying to change western citizens perceptions on the current situation.

No matter what crap the MSM try to feed us. You can't deny that Russia is doing the right thing and doing a better job of it than anyone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thanks for that...Strange coincidence on timing...

Now on to the other reports and pics?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
Sounds like western propaganda to me.

Trying to change western citizens perceptions on the current situation.

No matter what crap the MSM try to feed us. You can't deny that Russia is doing the right thing and doing a better job of it than anyone else.

The thing is that individuals on ATS think that unconfirmed information is the same Thing as fact.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

plus this now..

The report is consistent with Iranian media accounts of an explosion in northwestern Iran. The Islamic Republic Press Agency, an official Iranian government press outlet, reported on Thursday that the governor of Takab said an "unidentified flying object" near the town crashed and then exploded. The article contained a photo of a drone, however, and did not provide details about the origins of the crash and explosion.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So...we have one gas station blowing up by accident and some UFO exploding...and an explosion in the desert..

All at the exact time the Russian missiles happen to crossing Iran?

Sounds like cover-stories to me...

At least we know that Iran is prepared to cover Russia's butt..

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Not necessarily. How many explosions do you hear about in Canada? How many do most Canadians hear about? Most likely...none.

A dozen or more happen per day. The vast majority are very small, and cause no injury or death, so are not even reported.

However, hazardous material handling is a chronic issue for OHS officers.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thanks for that...Strange coincidence on timing...

Now on to the other reports and pics?

I don't wanna.
Sorry, I'm actually in a good mood over here. The weather's perfect where I am & I'm eating some fruit. Almost the perfect setup.

Sorry, back to the topic. Ironically, I don't have a horse in this race. So neither outcome concerns me, as long as no civilians were hurt. I even said in my first post that "so far, I'm thinking it's false". I'll have no problem admitting that it wasn't false if I see credible proof. However, the pix that people keep pointing out seem to be the same incident as that article. So far, at least.

I'm guessing this will be sorted out within 24 hours or so. And if it turns out this is a legit story, I'll repost here & admit I was wrong. But so far, it seems like conjecture, assumptions, and kneejerk reactions. Not just here, but even online. And when the only sources behind the initial story are "unnamed US officials", I become very skeptical.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

plus this now..

The report is consistent with Iranian media accounts of an explosion in northwestern Iran. The Islamic Republic Press Agency, an official Iranian government press outlet, reported on Thursday that the governor of Takab said an "unidentified flying object" near the town crashed and then exploded. The article contained a photo of a drone, however, and did not provide details about the origins of the crash and explosion.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So...we have one gas station blowing up by accident and some UFO exploding...and an explosion in the desert..

All at the exact time the Russian missiles happen to crossing Iran?

At least we know that Iran is prepared to cover Russia's butt..

So... the Iranians heard about Roswell then?

Weather balloon anyone?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If this is in fact true which it is looking like it is then damn....I've heard of throwing a round or two off target, but off target by an entire Country is concerning to say the least!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join