It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian cruise missiles intended for targets in Syria hit Iran instead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The odd thing about this News is that no one can confirm anything... not even where the missiles crashed. That is a bit strange when you want to state that a missile have crashed. . You should be able to confirm a crash right?

When you observe a crash you know where and when it crashed....or it didnt happen...at all......Propaganda.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Welcome aboard the superpower see-saw, Russia.

Not all it's cracked up to be....is it??

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So far it's USA Today, Fuax News and CNN reporting this, as well as a few, smaller, Stateside publications. Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
So far it's USA Today, Fuax News and CNN reporting this, as well as a few, smaller, Stateside publications. Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

This is nothing but american crap News as usuall.... They cant even confirm where in Iran the cruice missiles crashed.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

originally posted by: djz3ro

This is nothing but american crap News as usuall.... They cant even confirm where in Iran the cruice missiles crashed.

if it turns out to be true, then will you come back and redact your statement?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I'm not buying it until I see a better source than an unnamed US military source. If a missile or two does land on Iran, we can only assume that they were precisely targeted.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Nothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera

The Beeb is in:

www.bbc.com...#"

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So far, I'm thinking this is false. Here are 2 short video clips from the Kurdish areas of Northern Iraq showing some of the cruise missiles as they passed by.

And here's a map of the Persian Gulf. (click the pic for a much larger version)

Look at where the Caspian Sea is, then look at the path to Syria. Before they could reach Syria, the missiles would have to go over Iran and then over Iraq. The videos show at least 3 of the missiles going over Northern Iraq, which means they already entered & left Iranian airspace.

And while it's possible that some of the missiles didn't get to the target, there's no verification yet on that. Also, as you can see from the map, Russia wouldn't need to land missiles into Iran in order to secretly give them the technology. Iran has a coast along the Caspian Sea, so Russia would've just been able to deliver the missiles to them covertly.
edit on 8-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: duh, had the same video twice

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So much for the supposed formidable technology of the Russian military.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I can see a 20 mile miss being a problem with the targeting software. However this was around a 1100+ mile miss. That screams intentional... on someone's part.

Either there was a piss poor weapons officer on duty, or as others have said a hack or weapon technology transfer.

The missiles had to cross over Iran. Apparently the Russians believe in real world quality assurance testing when it comes to military technology. I imagine the ship commander just being relieved they didn't blow up on launch. I picture a half-drunk Russian version of Charlie sheen in Russian uniform!...."Winning!"

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3roNothing from the BBC, RT, Reuters or Al Jazeera, you'd think they would be all over this if it was true...

uhh..ya...RT will report this maybe sometime next year only after dead Iranians show up on youtube...and then they will claim it was missile from Israel.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
NYT quoting Fars:

The Iranian state news media made no immediate mention of the crashes on Thursday, but one semiofficial outlet, the Fars News Agency, noted the CNN report and called it an example of American propaganda against Russia. The agency also called it “psychological warfare.”

Iranian Twitter and Facebook users did not immediately note any explosions in the area between the Caspian Sea and the Iraqi border.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

As I recall, Americans gave zerophuks.

Actually we gave 61.8 millionphuks.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
NYT quoting Fars:

The Iranian state news media made no immediate mention of the crashes on Thursday, but one semiofficial outlet, the Fars News Agency, noted the CNN report and called it an example of American propaganda against Russia. The agency also called it “psychological warfare.”

Iranian Twitter and Facebook users did not immediately note any explosions in the area between the Caspian Sea and the Iraqi border.

www.nytimes.com...

Weird how the MSM is reporting that the MSM may be airing propaganda. Oh, right, the New York Times actually engages in journalism, unlike Faux News.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Guess I will never get to visit Damascus

I heard it was a wonderful place full of culture and beauty

(sigh)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

The videos show at least 3 of the missiles going over Northern Iraq, which means they already entered & left Iranian airspace.

So you have youtubes of 3 of the missiles? By my math that leaves 23 unaccounted for?

The Russian Defence Ministry has just confirmed that Islamic State positions in Syria have been attacked with 26 long range cruise missiles launched by four Russian warships in the Caspian Sea.

I suspect even the CIA has competent mathematicians...How many impacted Syrian targets?

That and sure as hell the US Intelligence community has satellite and arial surveillance visuals of the area from Russian ships to Syria.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok I am tripping out now...

Read my last post on this page...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Another news source but details still fuzzy!

CNN

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Eh? when?.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Considering the anti russia campaign going on on western media, this could be easily a fake; or it could be not.
But if it was true it's not a big deal at all: Iran is a Russia ally, these attacks have been coordinated between the two nations, and i thnk possible risks/failures were known by both side taken in account before these launchs were made.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join