It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Feels Like Many Of The Recent Shootings In America Feel A Little...Off?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have no evidence since this is only a gut feeling. Many of these shootings have just felt OFF. Perhaps I've finally graduated to conspiracy theory nut job, who knows.

It's just that with the recent shooting in Oregon, the gunman asked people if they were Christians then shot them. This seemed incredibly strange, or "not right" to me. It is fairly obvious, to me at least, that the government really would like to take guns out of citizens' hands. As a side note, the debate on who's right and who's wrong on that issue is not the topic.

Back to Oregon. When I heard this, I thought to myself, If I were wanting to get a true shot at getting a gun ban, what would be the most effective way? Perhaps bring religion into the picture? Maybe so. If someone could convince the religious groups to get completely behind banning guns, or enforcing incredibly strict laws, wouldn't it be more likely to get pushed through? Many Americans view America as a Christian nation still.

Point being, some of these shooting just don't seem right to me. That is why I've chosen to put it in skunk works. I'm not for banning guns, but if it happens honestly then so be it. But if orchestrated massacres are the method to get it done, then we are in more trouble then we can possibly imagine. Again, no proof. So to the skunk bin it goes.

Solong

+40 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It seems just as manufactured as ISIS. Funny how when the government needs a problem so they can in-act their solution, one always seems to rise to occasion doesn't it? Curious and curiouser I say!
edit on 6-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
It seems just as manufactured as ISIS. Funny how when the government needs a problem so they can intact their solution, one always seems to rise to occasion doesn't it? Curious and curiouser I say!

Only to a paranoid US citizen who still does not get it and will invent conspiracy after conspiracy instead of facing up to the consequences of freely available weapons that have one purpose.....to kill.

Nutters kill and their excuse will be utterly illogical (hint - because they are nutters DUH!)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
We do as well but we don't yet know how,for sure.

+42 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I love how most surviving family members become gun control advocates immediately following the incident. I also don't like how incidents involving 50 or less people can give birth to sweeping policy changes that affect almost 320 million people. One individuals race, religion, sexual bias or any other declarative motive does not represent the thoughts or opinions of an entire demographic specific to that motive.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Valid point, but some ( I'm not saying all) of these shootings seem fishy.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
People ?

Seriously ?

The only thing off is the politics going on about those 'mass shootings'.

Nothing is fake about them.

Only the politicos.

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Only to a paranoid US citizen who still does not get it and will invent conspiracy after conspiracy instead of facing up to the consequences of freely available weapons that have one purpose…..to kill.

Those blaming inanimate objects killers use are the paranoid conspirators…

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
People ?

Seriously ?

The only thing off is the politics going on about those 'mass shootings'.

Nothing is fake about them.

Only the politicos.

I don't think the shootings are fake. It seems fairly obvious people are dying. But, I can't help but wonder if they are somehow orchestrated. Neither side has proof, so it's impossible to say if either camp is right or wrong.
edit on 6-10-2015 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

edit on 6-10-2015 by solongandgoodnight because: add

+46 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I love how most surviving family members become gun control advocates immediately following the incident. I also don't like how incidents involving 50 or less people can give birth to sweeping policy changes that affect almost 320 million people. One individuals race, religion, sexual bias or any other declarative motive does not represent the thoughts or opinions of an entire demographic specific to that motive.

I dont often see car pilups with many casualties, cause legislation to ban cars....

So why is it they do it with guns?

Some people drive drunk, and cause accidents , should we take peoples cars away?

And why is it when an officer kills a black man, they dont blame the gun? They blame the officer for being out of control racist with problems.....

But when a civilian kills people, they blame the gun......

the game is a foot and the agenda is clear, so is the blatant progressive hypocrisy

you can tell by what the president decides hes going to call a press conference on......

Didnt see him calling a press conference to stop the targeting and killing of police officers......NOPE

Didnt see him come out against guns THEN, because it didnt fit the narrative.........
edit on 10/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The thing that I don't get is how people just seemingly sit still waiting on their turn to get shot. That is what seems off to me... After the first guy got blasted asking if you are Christian or whatever, you'd have though the people in the classroom would have bum rushed the guy. If I am cornered by a nut job, I am not sitting still taking one to the head. I am rushing the guy and hopefully the cards play out in my favor and I'd hope others would too.

Have you ever tried to herd a bunch of little kids? That is what seemed odd to me about Sandy Hook. Handguns aren't that accurate and people generally disperse in situations, so I found it odd that many kids could be kept still long enough to kill them that quickly and precisely.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Handguns aren't that accurate

Umm what? LoL yes they are, they arent long range but unless the person shooting it has NO idea how to use one, they are pretty damn accurate

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is clear to me that progressives are politicizing the events to try to take guns away from the citizens. The one thing that makes this obvious to me is that they seemingly combine different types of events to muddy up the topic of gun violence and seem to focus on the guns like rifles.

For example, FBI data shows handguns are used to commit gun crimes. Second, most gun violence is in the inner cities.

In fact, I think something like only 300 of the several thousand murders that occur are done with rifles of ANY KIND. So why do the gun grabbers focus so much on so-called assault rifles when the data clearly shows these guns are hardly used at all in the commission of crimes?

So if the guns mostly used are handguns, the crimes committed are mostly in the city why focus your efforts on banning guns like AR-15s which are mostly being bought by good ole boys in middle America?

This makes no sense to me...

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Umm what? LoL yes they are, they arent long range but unless the person shooting it has NO idea how to use one, they are pretty damn accurate

Stop watching movies. It is very difficult to hit a moving target with a handgun. Vast majority of people are hardly expert marksmen. I can show you example after example of thugs shooting up a block full of people and not hitting anything (or someone they weren't even supposedly aiming at).

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight.... If I were wanting to get a true shot at getting a gun ban, what would be the most effective way? Perhaps bring religion into the picture? Maybe so. If someone could convince the religious groups to get completely behind banning guns, or enforcing incredibly strict laws, wouldn't it be more likely to get pushed through? Many Americans view America as a Christian nation still....

The most vocal and pushy religious movements in the U.S. are the evangelical/fundamentalist factions. They are also among the staunchest supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I just cannot fathom how one could ".... convince [those] religious groups to get completely behind banning guns ..."

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Stop watching movies. It is very difficult to hit a moving target with a handgun. Vast majority of people are hardly expert marksmen. I can show you example after example of thugs shooting up a block full of people and not hitting anything (or someone they weren't even supposedly aiming at).

Stop watching movies? I served over 5 tours overseas including Afghanistan, im a marksman, and spent 8yrs in the Marines, im not an idiot....

Might be careful with your assumptions there pal

and yes they are pretty damn accurate.....if youre not just jerking the trigger.....

Your comparison was about how you cant gun down kids like that with a hand gun cause they run all over, were talking about confinement in a classroom with a high caliber handgun......its like fish in a barrel man

Again easy with your assumptions

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No, it's not.

Give me an afternoon, and I can have you hitting a moving target very consistently. Will you be in the X-ring 10 out of 10 times? No. That take practice, lots of it. But hitting the target consistently, not nearly as much.

Out past a certain distance, yes. Handguns are not the best of choices.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cohen the Barbarian

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight.... If I were wanting to get a true shot at getting a gun ban, what would be the most effective way? Perhaps bring religion into the picture? Maybe so. If someone could convince the religious groups to get completely behind banning guns, or enforcing incredibly strict laws, wouldn't it be more likely to get pushed through? Many Americans view America as a Christian nation still....

The most vocal and pushy religious movements in the U.S. are the evangelical/fundamentalist factions. They are also among the staunchest supporters of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. I just cannot fathom how one could ".... convince [those] religious groups to get completely behind banning guns ..."

Well, I guess I just thought if Christians were singled out and killed it would be more likely to change their tunes. Our tune I guess I should say, seeing as how I am a Christian.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If you have a straight shootin hand gun then hang on to it.

Many people are walking around handicapped without even knowing what accuracy is.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Many people are walking around handicapped without even knowing what accuracy is.

Yeah anti gunners sure do like to spray and pray don't they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join