It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I The Only One Who Feels Like Many Of The Recent Shootings In America Feel A Little...Off?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight

originally posted by: neo96
People ?

Seriously ?

The only thing off is the politics going on about those 'mass shootings'.

Nothing is fake about them.

Only the politicos.

I don't think the shootings are fake. It seems fairly obvious people are dying. But, I can't help but wonder if they are somehow orchestrated. Neither side has proof, so it's impossible to say if either camp is right or wrong.

I don't think the shootings are "orchestrated" in the sense of the term "organized" or "planned", but increasingly I have to wonder if these "nuts" aren't somehow "programmed" at a very young age and then activated at some point in the future. The real question of course is who is doing the programming?

Whoever is doing the programming seems intent on 2 things: a) seeing to it that a lot of innocent people are killed and b) destroying the US from the inside out by promoting division, if not out right civil war. That would indicate to me that the nefarious programmers are tied somehow to the NWO Globalists seeking to force the US under the umbrella of some One World Government.

One thing I've noted, and maybe I'm making too much of this, is that the news coverage of the Oregon shooting seemed really "off". It seemed very stilted; details were very slow to develop. It was curiously "slow" as though someone had lost the script. The whole "Christian" thing seemed weird as well. While its all hip and cool to hate on Christians these days, the idea that someone would single out Christians.....in Oregon? And then the MSM didn't report on that aspect for days later when it was basically forced to by alternate media.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
the government won't/can't come out and just outlaw all firearms outright.

they want us to want firearms removed from the hands of the public. so they have to sway everyone's opinion first with a little tragedy and pageantry, otherwise there would be too much outrage right off the bat.

it's the oldest game in the book. create a problem and then let us think that we're the ones who are creating the "solution" when in actuality we're just following the course that they want us to.

it was the same thing with 9/11. They couldn't just take away our privacy rights outright because people would have lost their minds. But, create the right kind of motivating threat and people sign their rights away willingly and with gusto.

and that's exactly whats happening with all of these school/public mass shootings in the US. they want us to give up our right to bear arms willingly. just like we gave up our privacy willingly to the patriot act.

your intuition is right. there is something off about the whole thing. you're witnessing a chess game between the government and the public for control. and i'm sorry but anyone who puts their faith in the government, anyone who thinks that everyone in the white house, congress, senate etc has our best interests in mind is delusional.
edit on 7-10-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Its not just about mental illness and guns.....

It all boils down to anger transference. Living in a society that thrives on division and the demonizing of differences. This creates target groups to attack individuals without impunity.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

What it feels off at least for me is the way that the media and the government makes it a priority behind an agenda and the propaganda seems to be 24 hours a day.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is because the lousy media has become so crazy they are using anything for politcal gain.The media has become wreckless.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: AmericanRealist

I said "purpose-built".

You forget that thousands of guns are made specifically for shooting targets... Not people

You can just as easily make a car "Purpose-Built" into a killing machine. But I guess people's egos get so huge that they consume themselves in their own ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
All these school shootings, yet how many principles and teachers continue to go on with life entirely disarmed? Even the war veteran students don't bother arming them self. And of course all the prescription drugs the shooters are on continue to lack a label saying "may cause serial killer mentality". The solutions are there, and the problems are there, but the zombies are still in their trance. That is the part that is off... that the population is welcoming their trance of indifference or apathy.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, first off. This never used to happen much..even in Bush's term it was minimal. Now in Obama's term its happening more frequently. They have already been busted using the media and "Crisis Actors" and highly suspected that some of these were ust media news "stories" and nothing more. It's also highly likely that the CIA has just doped up mental patients, given them thier orders under hypnosis, given them the gun and monitored the scene until the even happened...possibly even assisted them with the shootings. It's always the same calling cards, crazy loner, in a trench coat or with some kind of Hollywood Movie super hero dogma, or popular book. The CIA has been mastering mind control since the 70's. But yeah, more and more freuent, now that gun control is back under the radar. Funny, it doesn't happen UNTIL gun control is on the table. Then it happens for as long as our guns are being attacked. When another topic becomes popular...the shootings stop for awhile. Then, hen some'ONE', and I reiterate 1 person out of 300+ million, does another shooting, the media sensationalizes it and burns it into the memory of the nation by playing it over and over and over, while the rest of the IGNORANT world judges ALL Americans for being gun wielding murderers.

If you ask me, I find it even more baffling that those outside of our country judge all Americans so harshly for what our government is doing, or a crazy lone gun man, or a Jerry Springer show, when deep down they must know that they are just being A-holes and judging as if they are holier than thou. If they truly believe the judgement they are casting on the American people, then these judgmental people from these other countries are truly more ignorant that the Americans that they are calling ignorant. How can you not see that this is all just media sensationalism? All I know is the UK begged to have their guns taken away like all these other countries did, and now 81% are demanding them back because of the crime rate rising, as the criminals (who kept their guns) are now attacking he defenseless, law abiding citizens, that turned theirs in. Now, the other nations say we are stupid for not handing up our weapons. It seems to me that any nation who gives up their weapons, while their government runs roughshod over them already.....that's true ignorance. Don't worry America....in reality you're getting it right when it comes to guns. They want them...and we are saying HELL NO....1776 cannot happen again, ust because you take the same plan and add a few technological bells and whistles to it. Other countries are just jealous and mad, because they were stupid enough to give their weapons up, and now THEY fear their government, when it's the government that should fear it's people. I mean, who is working for who?
edit on 7-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight I'm not saying the shootings in of themselves are fake. The only thing that stopped Operation Northwood was president JFK. It made it all the way through the Joint Chiefs of Staff. What's to say another Operation Northwood wouldn't succeed with a different president at the helm?

edit on 1072015 by JohnFisher because: accidentally submitted without finishing

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

If nutters kill with illogical excuses won't they kill with illogical excuses no matter what? Thomas Hamilton? Derrick Bird? The UK has insanely strict gun law yet these two men found a way...

Kehoe didn't even need a gun for one of the deadliest mass killings in the US.

The UK has it's regular bouts of mass killings as well:

Kills Years Name

17 1996 THOMAS HAMILTON
16 1987 MICHAEL RYAN
12 2010 DERRICK BIRD
7 1999 RICHARD FIELDING
5 1986 GEORGE STEPHENSON
5 2003 KENNETH REGAN & WILLIAM HORNCY
5 1985 JEREMY BAMBER
4 1909 SAMUEL ATHERLEY
4 1988 ANTHONY ARKWRIGHT
4 2006 RAHAN ARSHAD
4 2004 DANIEL GONZALEZ
4 1999 DAVID MORRIS
4 2006 DAVID BRADLEY
4 1967 & 1976 ROBERT MONE
4 2004 MARK HOBSON
3 1983 ARTHUR HUTCHINSON
3 2012 MICHAEL ATHERTON
3 1982 WILBERT DYCE
3 2004 RICHARD HICKS
3 2000 AZHAR ALI MEHMOOD
3 2001 KARL BLUESTONE
3 2001 DREW AFLECK
3 2007 PIERRE WILLIAMS

Edit: Also, lets not forget the deadlist mass shooting

July 22, 2011: Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik kills 77 in Norway in twin attacks: a bombing in downtown Oslo and a shooting massacre at a youth camp outside the capital. The self-styled anti-Muslim militant admitted both attacks.

That guy wen't above and beyond to obtain the firearms he wanted, being rejected on many occasions.

As you said, nutters will kill. What will more gun restrictions do to prevent it? Nothing. Death finds a way.
edit on 7-10-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I have no evidence since this is only a gut feeling. Many of these shootings have just felt OFF. Perhaps I've finally graduated to conspiracy theory nut job, who knows.

It's just that with the recent shooting in Oregon, the gunman asked people if they were Christians then shot them. This seemed incredibly strange, or "not right" to me.

It is clear from the Guman's public profile and postings that he had a thing against organized religion.

He didn't selectively shoot Christians..He targeted his professor and classmates.

He did ask one girl if she was Christian and then commented something to the effect that she would meet her God..

From what we know, he was trying to sound clever etc. but no...he did not spare people who were non-Christian, nor ask everyone, nor shoot only those that said they were Christian.

He had emotional disabilities...His mother claimed he had Asperger's, but it appears more was going on there than simple Asperger's...he also identified his politics as "Conservative, GOP" ...Opposed to "Organized religion" and he was on Meds, but we don't know what kind.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Some people drive drunk, and cause accidents , should we take peoples cars away?

That argument is as ancient as the ground we stand upon.

Drunk driving, as reckless and dangerous as it is, is not born from maliciousness. Cars and Guns can share the same owner but there is a huge difference-A car was not designed to kill.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I have no evidence since this is only a gut feeling. Many of these shootings have just felt OFF. Perhaps I've finally graduated to conspiracy theory nut job, who knows.

It's just that with the recent shooting in Oregon, the gunman asked people if they were Christians then shot them. This seemed incredibly strange, or "not right" to me.

It is clear from the Guman's public profile and postings that he had a thing against organized religion.

He didn't selectively shoot Christians..He targeted his professor and classmates.

He did ask one girl if she was Christian and then commented something to the effect that she would meet her God..

From what we know, he was trying to sound clever etc. but no...he did not spare people who were non-Christian, nor ask everyone, nor shoot only those that said they were Christian.

He had emotional disabilities...His mother claimed he had Asperger's, but it appears more was going on there than simple Asperger's...he also identified his politics as "Conservative, GOP" ...Opposed to "Organized religion" and he was on Meds, but we don't know what kind.

We have no idea what all was truly said. Relying on the media for facts is not a good idea.

As far as the kid's posts, who's to say his mental status wouldn't have made him a perfect candidate for this event?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

A firearm is designed to discharge a projectile. Saying that they are "purpose-built" to kill is a non-starter, and a fallacious argument. You are attributing intent to an inanimate object when you use that argument.

It is the same when people call semi-automatic rifles "assault rifles" or scoped, bolt-action rifles "sniper rifles". You attribute a specific meaning or intent to an inanimate object to illogically satisfy your narrative - that is as fallacious as saying a spoon is designed to make people fat, or a red hat is designed to signify gang membership. Signifier / signified is a concept you should research.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

We very rarely watch anything on television and I do not listen to the radio anymore. There was a program that the rest of the family wanted to watch and I went upstairs for a little bit. It turns out that Obama had interrupted the program to make an announcement about something. When I was coming back down I heard him and his inflection, cadence and tone of voice hit me immediately; He’s trying to hypnotize everybody. Sure enough, when I turned the corner I saw everyone staring at the television glassy eyed and with their heads cocked at about a 45 degree angle. I started talking to them and they came out of it.

A lot of politicians and a surprising number of ministers use this technique, Obama is a master at it. The sound of Hillary’s voice just gives me the creeps.

At any public gathering look around the room periodically and you will notice some that have their heads cocked to the side, they are in the zone…

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

There is no point arguing with you.

Slingshots preceded bows. Bows preceded Flintlocks and so forth. All were designed for a specific reason. Did early man sharpen stones to make ornaments? Not likely.

edit on 7-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

We have no idea what all was truly said. Relying on the media for facts is not a good idea.

As far as the kid's posts, who's to say his mental status wouldn't have made him a perfect candidate for this event?

We do know some of what was said...

Not from "the media" but from the words of a survivor who was forced to witness the whole thing and spared.

The shooter asked if victims were Christian or not, but shot them regardless of the answer.

He also gave a flash-drive of his writings to one student to deliver to the police.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

A firearm is designed to discharge a projectile. Saying that they are "purpose-built" to kill is a non-starter, and a fallacious argument. You are attributing intent to an inanimate object when you use that argument.

No one is assigning intent...but if the claim is that guns are not designed, engineered and marketed for their efficiency in killing, that is absurd.

Put another way...if "cars" are equally deadly as one poster suggested, then there should be no issue in banning guns? Anyone looking to buy a gun might buy a car instead? Ditto Knife? Ditto Pencil?

At some point rational thought demands acknowledging the very basic truth that guns are engineered to kill larger numbers more quickly, easily and efficiently. It is their entire reason for being.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A young man with some serious mental issues used a gun and killed several people. Of course our Government is gonna use it & roll with it. They do 100% of the time. The other night on CNN Anderson Cooper was speaking with a victims relative's. I did not get who they were in relationship to the victim. But Anderson started the whole " gun topic" and the response he got from these specific two.....was not the response Anderson was expecting. His face was in total shock as these two are pro-gun!. That told me a whole lot.......MSM is gonna go with the same narrative. Don't talk with the pro gun folks in Oregon. Seek out & interview only the anti=gun people. Have not seen those specific two be interviewed nor mentioned again.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician
Well, first off. This never used to happen much..even in Bush's term it was minimal. Now in Obama's term its happening more frequently. They have already been busted using the media and "Crisis Actors" and highly suspected that some of these were ust media news "stories" and nothing more.

I've never seen one "Crisis Actor" accusation that stood up to even the slightest real research. And every single accusation of this is also libeling an innocent person who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, often setting them up for ongoing harassment.

As long as this is Skunk Works, it's just as plausible that people are being played by trolls creating these "crisis actor" videos to make gun advocates look like complete loons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join