It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your Aspiration item that is missing in your life? That would make you feel Smug & Satisfied.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sat here watching Great British Menu- the theme this year centenary of the WI (The Women's Institute). I have a kitchenaid, Magimix and a Kenwood blender... however I now want a canner! All the chef's are using one.

Here are the top three things that are missing in my life for me to feel the full satisfaction of a 'twee' middle class life.

1. A Sousvide machine/Vacuum packer
2. A water bath
3. Copper based pans
4. Matching table cloth and napkin set

This is not definitive, this is only the beginning... More things will pop in my head as I continue this train of thought.

This is light hearted. Tell me what you want which will make you have a smug feeling of satisfaction whilst sat in your home.

edit on 6/10/2015 by MrsNonSpecific because: title to be more accurate

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It might be a UK thing, but what is a "water bath"?

I am personally very pleased with how my life has gone to date...I love my family, my job and my achievements and accomplishments...In short, I feel very fulfilled.
I suppose, with three sons and one daughter...all in their twenties, I would love to have some grandchildren to spoil rotten.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Well. I've got an egg-bot, and a rice-bot that cooks rice with a magnetic field.

I suppose I could finally relax if I had a surfeit of Apple hardware and peripherals.

What are you gonna do with that water-bath?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

There is only one thing I want above all else, nothing else matters.

1.) Truth

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Awwwww....

That's great! That's why I am now focussing on the 'nice to have's', now we are sorted on the more basic levels of life.

Nonspecific is going to fill you in on a water bath.

I am just excited you can create the perfect steak in it!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

What about any nice gadgets? Shiny things that only catch dust sat on your mantel piece? Anything tangible that you can touch?

Or is it just the Truth?

Are you sure? Can my materialistic driven thread not make you venture into that consumer portion of your brain?

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I would love an egg-bot!

It is a running household joke with my step son that when I say does he want runny eggs and soldiers , it never! Never!! pans out.

And he sits there slightly disappointed, and sad. Thinking 'Useless Fiona!'

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Cuisinart Egg Central

It rocks.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's $40!!

Nonspecifc is cheaper to run, I will just let him do all the eggs ... which hew mainly does.

Best scrambled eggs everr!!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's $40!!

But...???

Can my materialistic driven thread not make you venture into that consumer portion of your brain?

...we're consumin'.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A micro-light. The freedom to go cruise around in the skies appeals to where my mind has been at recently. I'd hitch it to a trailer and go fly it over the coastlines of the UK. Failing that, maybe even better, would be a boat.

I realise you're asking for household stuff so I'd also love one of the Le Creuset range of pots and pans. The casserole oval pan would do just nicely

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Very true,

who am I to deny my money spending urge!

It goes on the list!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

My parents are currently looking at spending what would be inheritance on a boat, so completely understand that feeling! Yes please!!

Or a bloke that owns one, and doesn't mind me keeping Nonspecific on the side. Win Win!!

I love Le Crueset!

Best charity shop bargain was the oval oven dish you you are talking about and I got it for £1! It went down in my charity shop purchases of all time list!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

maybe even better, would be a boat.

Oh cool! What sort do you like, Kandinsky?

I really like these...

Also, I understand your hankering for the Le Creuset.

edit on 6-10-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'd feel smug and satisfied if I only had a Rat.

I often see the wild ones outside and feed them, but they don't run up my leg looking for a cuddle or give me sweet, tiny French kisses.

What does this have to do with household items? Well, ask me how any beds, bed-covers, cameras, etc I've had to replace in the past due to the originals being peed on or nibbled
I was never short of stuff to upgrade.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I've got the cast iron frying pan and it's great for chops and steaks. Garbage for frying eggs...Asda non-stick cheapies for that.

It always seemed pointless for people to have boats on trailers on the driveways of houses on estates. Miles away from the sea or lakes and they never seem to get used. Just recently, it begins to make sense! Even when they don't use them...the potential to use them is there.

'Nice weekend, let's take the boat out and go relax.'

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Maybe your first itme on your list needs to be a nibbling creature free Garage?

Where you can sit and admire your recently upgraded stuff and things. On a high backed swivelly chair so you can move round for optimol viewing area pleasure...

(I now feel like I am doing an advert)

Yours for a pet free £200!

or 3 easy payments of... I can'r be bothered doing the maths.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

an empty nest.

all i want in this life now is to have a quiet life for my wife and I. we've been raising kids for soooo long.....

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

A beautiful nymphomaniac that knows when to go home, and some killer kim chi!

I am pretty easy that way!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How long have you got to go?

Cos yours costs nothing but time.

My parents are still waiting for an empty nest as well, But my sister is 25 so they aren't particularly stuck., and I hope they tell her when they move and buy a boat, but you never know...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join