It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your Aspiration item that is missing in your life? That would make you feel Smug & Satisfied.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

he graduates high school in may. then we still have college to work through. The oldest is in graduate school, and is just about to be "on his own" (we still pay his rent, and occasional cash). But he has his life under control, and is firmly pointed in the right direction

The young one? Nah, not so much. He's gonna need lots of feet in his ass between now and 'then" (whenever that is). But he's 18 in January, and a high school graduate in May

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

What's your Aspiration item that is missing in your life? That would make you feel Smug & Satisfied.

A Phd. in classical literature

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
1. Vacay without the kids
2. Finished basement
3. His and her boudoirs...but that's a whole thread......

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Smug and satisfied?

I guess the end of the world i.e. collapse of civilized society.

Then I can laugh at all the people who worked so hard to find their place in it.

In physical terms? A pot farm and the legal right and know how to maintain it.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
A significant female in my life
Finacial freedom to help myself and others
To follow my life dream of being a sucessful writer.
edit on 31America/Chicagoxpm3115America/Chicago3122 by texasyeti because: Spell

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
What's your Aspiration item that is missing in your life?

Not a thing!
I always 'have' exactly what I need, when I need it!
Always!

"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!"

That would make you feel Smug & Satisfied.

More vanity! *__-
edit on 7-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

In a consumer society can't you pay for a Nymphomaniac that will go home when you want her to?

What's a Kim Chi?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I would love his and her Boudoirs!!

Maybe when one of the kids moves out your dream can become a reality?

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss
"Sometimes we get what we want, but we ALWAYS get exactly what we need!"

I do-do agree except I want a garden, and I think that that want is extending to need. I think that it is okay to want sometimes, so I am allowing myself this one desire, not to be smug, more for the sake of my peace of mind.

That said, I am trying to locate a path towards that end rather than focusing on my current lack, and I am avoiding garden envy as best I can.

I did make myself a Lego garden, and although it was the most awesome and beautiful Lego garden, it soon became apparent that that wasn't going to do the job or hit the spot.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I know what you mean, I have a psyche full of fairies who help me get what I need.

1. Car parking Fairy- never let's me down
2. Charity shop Fairy
3. Reduced to clear Fairy

This thread is about not what you need, it's about wanting, pure greed, what do you really want, a shallow want something superficial? That will give you that shiny feeling when you get something new to you?

Please note: That due to my Northern British accent when I say 'Fairy' it comes out as 'Furry'. Something that amuses my southern cohorts no end.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
a reply to: berenike

Maybe your first itme on your list needs to be a nibbling creature free Garage?

Where you can sit and admire your recently upgraded stuff and things. On a high backed swivelly chair so you can move round for optimol viewing area pleasure...

(I now feel like I am doing an advert)

Yours for a pet free £200!

or 3 easy payments of... I can'r be bothered doing the maths.

It's funny you should say that. I put a box of shredded paper in the garage for the comfort of the local mice, who'd obviously been having a hooley in there.

They didn't really deserve it, since one of them had seen fit to use my best Star Wars mug as a lavatory.

I like the idea of the chair, though. I've been toying with the idea of getting a recliner of some sort

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Hey,

I just wanted to let you know that it finally dawned on me that #.1 and #.2 in your OP go together. In other words, I now understand what the water bath is for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join