It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's prime minister said marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco. Absolutely not.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Right, I specified smoke. You can nit pick any study you want the principals are the same, I specialize in cytopathology and aid in diagnosis of lung CA which is why I felt it important to clarify. There are plenty of studies that say the reverse, but data is pretty conclusive on the mechanisms to how SCC starts in the lungs, any current edition cytopathology text will explain it similarly to what I laid out.

I assure you it is as black and white as I explained. There is no such thing as "good smoke" in the lungs.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Well if it is your specialty I guess you would know. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was good smoke.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Trouble is that there are two very powerful contributors to our political systems, big pharma and the nylon industry (Du Pont) who have both been instrumental in interfering with what choices people have between their leisure and medical requirements. With studies on this it depends on who pays for the study and their agenda as to the results one gets - so I usually pretty much ignore their results unless they reveal something striking and new.

I do see a difference in the uses of this drug amongst others though. One type of use was for specific reasons and not addiction e.g. the sacred experience and the other historical use an example of which was by the Zulu when they fought the British and their witch doctors gave it to the Zulu army and used some process known only to them to gee up their army virtually into beserkers. Some of this potion was found in the horns left on the ground by the dead. Although from a book there is a section covering this in:

books.google.co.uk... 2M7gIEtURP4tC2fDs8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCcQ6AEwAWoVChMIl_bz4putyAIVxLkUCh0QQw07#v=onepage&q=Zulu%20battle%20when%20using%20cannabis%20in%20horns&f=false
There is always an agenda though behind politicians and their stances - often one they don't follow in private themselves. Funny though how alcohol which is far worse than dugs and causes more trouble and addition stretching from the top of society through to the bottom etc never gets too much bother - again vested interest.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bill3kids
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sure make pot legal so more kids can get it easier, cheaper and then smoke more of it . Great idea guys. I sure know how smoking cigarettes affects grades, motivation, concentration etc

It couldn't be any easier for kids to get pot with it being illegal. If you have a kid in his or her teens, I can GUARANTEE you that kid knows how to buy weed with no questions asked. With weed being legal, stores selling it are regulated like the alcohol industry. Get caught selling to minors and your store is shut down.

Your logic is flawed.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Too right.

Never partook as a teenager but all my freinds did. Knew a few dealers ,£15 it cost and more easy to get than booze.
With booze you needed to fork out for a good fake ID!
edit on 6-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

ETA: I hope the PM's Office doesn't read this they'll waste a couple mill trying to figure out what LHC stands for.

that is so funny. cheered me right up

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This is what happens when governments are run by businessmen instead of scientists. Look at the social failures all around, and you will find profit at the base.

Currency has always ruled and barely cared. If everyone has their price, then a solution is not apparent. The Represent Us project seems like a long dicey slog.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Too right.

Never partook as a teenager but all my freinds did. Knew a few dealers ,£15 it cost and more easy to get than booze.
With booze you needed to fork out for a good fake ID!

Yea, the "it'll be easier for kids to get it" arguments is one of the dumbest lies pushed about marijuana. The only one worse is the gateway theory.

edit on 6-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Exposure to radon is 'infinitely worse'...strangely enough, children, animals and adults who have never smoked a cigarette in thier life, fall prey to the lung cancer generated by it ('passive smoking'...anyone?), as well as other cancers.

Alcohol - move along, nothin' to see...no psychosis, road deaths, liver damage, brain damage, addiction, dependance, family violence, societal damage from it could ever outweigh the damage wrought by the demon weed...it is most obviously, 'infinitely worse'...

Å99

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Man MJ cured my trigeminal neuralgia which has no cure yet... The Dr used to give me opiates but it has nasty side effects. Extremely painful "sucide disease." It's been gone for 2 years

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Harper... his on Province hates him. Thats how much he destroyed Canada.

I really hope someone othr than Conservaties win, heck im ok withthe Green party!.

10 yrs of making Canada a b*t*h is enough.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Kinda being a hypocrite there neo seeing as you dont want guns banned because a few irresponsible people misuse them.....

Ouch! Truth for the win.

The thing is when people are so against it or for it, they dont see it how an outsider would.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Harper is just sticking to his base.

This is a man that wanted stricter penalties for growing marijuanna than assaulting children. I think it is a madantory 6 months for marijanna and 3 months for assault against a child.

Bad touch or smack around a kid: "mkay yeah that's bad, don't do it again"

Grow a weed plant: "OMG THERE'S A HARDENED CRIMINAL. SEND IN THE SWAT TEAM, WE HAVE A PABLO ESCOBAR SITUATION HERE LOCK UP IN THE STRONGEST JAIL AWAY FOREVER SICK DEGENERATE!!!"

This logic is totally sound, you'll be alright Canada

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

He's just dancing like a good little monkey. Playing to the older crowd. It doesn't matter anyway, because they just passed TPP, which means that there will be an International monopoly on drug companies, drug prices will increase harshly (as per the recent social test by the guy who increased the price of Daraprim...how dare a him?). They know the public wants pot, as an alternative to not caring about things like terrorism, but let's face it...a nation can't be terrorized if the whole nation is gettin' high right? They certainly can't have that, now can they?
edit on 6-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: cause

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
List of symptoms marijuana alleviates:

Insomnia
Nausea
Hangovers
Headaches
Loss of Appetite
Anger
Alzheimer's Disease
Anorexia
AIDS
Arthritis
Cachexia
Cancer
Crohn's Disease
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV
Migraine
Multiple Sclerosis
Nausea
Pain
Spasticity
Wasting Syndrome

I think the pharmaceutical companies have some competition.

And no doubt Harper and his elite buddies have a lot of shares in Big Pharma.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hmm..a bunch of potheads ranting about how wonderful pot is. How predictable. Actually Harper's assertions are backed up by real science and medical evidence worldwide..and I don't mean the psudeo "science" the pot lobby use to helpeither. Psyche wards globally overflowing with weed users who have basically lost their minds. And they'll never return to normalacy either. There is no known therapy to help these people. Yes, wether you want to believe it or not is irrelevent, but one joint causes as much lung damage as 20 ciggarettes. Yep, 20. And no...weed does not cure Aids or anything else for that matterThis is basic medical scientific fact..nice try tho..

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

This list is just pure fantasy. There are no medically verifiable, peer reviewed, scientifically reproducable medical benefits for weed. Ask any honest MD.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: STEEM

Man MJ cured my trigeminal neuralgia which has no cure yet... The Dr used to give me opiates but it has nasty side effects. Extremely painful "sucide disease." It's been gone for 2 years

Well Harper says that you are liar. Marijuana is killing you worse than cigarettes according to him.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Here's to..What's his name? I'm sorry, I inhaled when I was 16 and it warped my fragile little mind.

Canada should be lucky they have responsible people like Rob Ford representing their best interests.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

♫Establishment, establishment, you always know what's best!♫

Now go and take your opioid pain-killers and burn some fossil fuels like a good little drone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join