It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's prime minister said marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco. Absolutely not.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: seeker1963

Don't forget that said epidemic was/is exacerbated by pharmaceutical industries over-prescribing opiate painkillers then forcing the users to cope with their addictions when the pills became too unaffordable.

You and I never agree on much of anything! Yet I am with you on weed!
See! We can agree on something! That's a start right?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Of course. I'm not a fan of bans. Restrictions I'm ok with depending on what the restriction is, says, and is for. The reason for this is because no matter how restricted something becomes, it isn't a ban. Though an example of a restriction I don't agree with is labeling marijuana a schedule 2 drug. Marijuana shouldn't even be scheduled.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have this terrible feeling Canada is about to experience our version of the 2008 US election.

'Harper is evil', they say. Hmmmm sounds familiar to 'Bush is evil'. Which is very right, but the alternatives aren't much to shake a stick at either.

And of course it's a bunch of loony lefties which are the choice for "Change". In fact before this whole election really kicked off, Trudeau's slogan was "Hope & Change"....now where did I hear that before?

I do expect a change this election, but nothing substantial. Politicians are politicians. Ready, willing and able to sell their soul for a dollar at a moments notice.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
mmmhmmm.... Harper's just backing Big Pharma...

God sakes... Please don't let this asshat get re-elected

He's nothing but a liar...

Fellow Canadians: Lets have a chat

edit on 5-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Canada's prime minister said marijuana is "infinitely worse" than tobacco. Absolutely not.

Interesting.

Two new University of Colorado studies paint an ominous picture of the direction of the state since marijuana commercialization, but neither provides conclusive evidence that legal pot is causing harm.

More Colorado drivers in fatal crashes positive for pot, study says

Pot Fuels Surge in Drugged Driving Deaths

59 people die of marijuana overdose in Colorado and Washington after legalization

Marijuana is not harmless people need to stop trying to sell it like it is.

Those people's families would AGREE with Canada's prime minister.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

So which was more of a failure in the history of the United States?

Prohibition? OR The War on Drugs?

Come on man. Weed is nothing compared to alcohol.

Legalize and regulate! I think it would make our LEO's jobs much easier!

edit on 5-10-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sounds like propaganda to me...

Check your sources before posting bro...

edit on 5-10-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Great, next time I see a person smoking a cigarette, I will always remember that they are infinitely better than me!

My response: I've heard that career politicians are even WORSE for your health.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What's wrong with the Denver Post ?

What's wrong with NBC ?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

So which was more of a failure in the history of the United States?

Prohibition? OR The War on Drugs?

Come on man. Weed is nothing compared to alcohol.

Legalize and regulate! I think it would make our LEO's jobs much easier!

I have nothing to say on the legality of it.

Just what it CAN DO.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I dont know much about canadian politics.

But ever time this guy opens his mouth on any issues he seems to say something stupid......

So why do you canadians keep voting this clown in?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Im talking about the "59 people that died because of Pot"

Its so bogus... did you actually read the article?

Its obviously satire... No one has ever died from a pot overdose...

its impossible... the article says the families ended up smoking the ashes of their family members and got "high as F***

gimme a frickin break lol...

(post by seeker1963 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Wow Texas Lite(Alberta) that's so awesome I just love that analogy. I've been to both Texas and Alberta and there are quite a few similarities culture wise.

I don't think people live off smokes and blow in Texas however.....

a reply to: Kukri

It is confirmed that they do.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Pot can show up in your system for months so yes of course those are going to go up, doesn't mean every case was them driving high.

And your third link is just all around BS, should probably read it.
edit on thMon, 05 Oct 2015 17:17:05 -0500America/Chicago1020150580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Not the best articles to use in the argument against marijuana. The first two articles make a lot of assumptions based on studies that are flawed and use only limited data sets. The studies don't determine whether the driver was actually impaired or not or when they would have consumed (you can test positive up to a week after) or whether the accident was even the persons fault. The studies merely said that they noticed an increase in people involved in fatalities that tested positive. Notice that they didn't say they'd seen an increase in accidents since legalization..

Actually, further down that second article they actually do state they'd seen a decrease in traffic accidents in the states that had legalized marijuana since legalization.

Your third article.. quite obviously, pure satire. It's amusing though, how many anti-marijuana arguments I've seen have actually quoted or sourced satirical articles like this to support their arguments. I wonder whether people just headline surf or are so lacking for relevant studies to support their argument that they hope most other people just browse headlines as well and don't actually read too far in to it all.

In the thousands of years humanity has been using marijuana, not a single death had occurred from its use. Have a look at the fatality stats for legal and socially accepted drugs like alcohol, cigarettes and prescription drugs. Fatalities from those number into the hundreds of thousand a year! and that's just deaths, not even considering the countless number of acute and chronic injuries and social consequences.

edit on 5-10-2015 by Sonder because: spelling

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
List of symptoms marijuana alleviates:

Insomnia
Nausea
Hangovers
Headaches
Loss of Appetite
Anger
Alzheimer's Disease
Anorexia
AIDS
Arthritis
Cachexia
Cancer
Crohn's Disease
Epilepsy
Glaucoma
HIV
Migraine
Multiple Sclerosis
Nausea
Pain
Spasticity
Wasting Syndrome

I think the pharmaceutical companies have some competition.

List of symptoms marijuana exacerbates...

Psychosis;
Auditory hallucinations
Visual hallucinations
Paranoia
Anxiety
& many more

Drastic weight loss

Lethargy

All smoking related illnesses; (don't act like you just want to eat it)
Cancer(s)
Emphysema
& many more

Oxygen deprivation; (don't act like you want to eat it)
Brain cell damage
& more

Pro propaganda is as bad as the anti propaganda.

On topic;
Infinitely worse???
That's subjective to the person using it.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't know how subjective that really is...

www.cdc.gov...

Smoking leads to disease and disability and harms nearly every organ of the body.1
•More than 16 million Americans are living with a disease caused by smoking.
•For every person who dies because of smoking, at least 30 people live with a serious smoking-related illness.
•Smoking causes cancer, heart disease, stroke, lung diseases, diabetes, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
•Smoking also increases risk for tuberculosis, certain eye diseases, and problems of the immune system, including rheumatoid arthritis.
•Smoking is a known cause of erectile dysfunction in males.

Smoking is the leading cause of preventable death.
•Worldwide, tobacco use causes nearly 6 million deaths per year, and current trends show that tobacco use will cause more than 8 million deaths annually by 2030.2
•Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including nearly 42,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.1
•On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.3
•If smoking continues at the current rate among U.S. youth, 5.6 million of today’s Americans younger than 18 years of age are expected to die prematurely from a smoking-related illness. This represents about one in every 13 Americans aged 17 years or younger who are alive today.1

Compared to 0 pot related deaths... hmmm

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You listed "drastic weight loss"
That has to be really really rare...

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

(post by CharlieSpeirs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join