It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, ATF Issue Safety Warning to Philadelphia Area Colleges and Universities

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

.The FBI and the ATF issued an alert to all Philadelphia area colleges and universities because of a social media threat.

The FBI released the following statement on the online threat:

Out of an abundance of caution, the FBI Philadelphia Field Office notified local colleges and universities of a social media posting which threatened violence at a Philadelphia-area college or university for Monday, October 5.

No specific college or university was identified in the posting. We encourage students, faculty, and employees at area colleges and universities to follow the guidance of their campus security officials.

FBI, ATF Issue Safety Warning to Philadelphia Area Colleges and Universities

Hopefully nothing but just thought I would share for anyone in that area.

edit on 4-10-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Sounds like a good day to have "Bring your Concealed Carry to Class" day......

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

13 day copycat rule I think.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 4-10-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wonderful! I basically work right in the middle of University City in Philadelphia.

Hopefully nothing comes of this tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Amen

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for posting. My daughter attends Temple University in Philly.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

And here we go.... we'll be seeing this much more often. Sadly

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPASorry, just thought I would post it just to let people know to be extra vigilent in that area. Will probably amount to nothing hopefully, but better safe than sorry.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: anxiouswens
a reply to: opethPASorry, just thought I would post it just to let people know to be extra vigilent in that area. Will probably amount to nothing hopefully, but better safe than sorry.

Absolutely, nothing to say sorry about..

Thanks for posting it!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguySorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I am in the UK so it doesn't affect me, however, I am a mother and I know if a warning was put out here I would want to know about it. Sure everything will be fine I think they will just be being extra cautious because of recent events x

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: butcherguySorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I am in the UK so it doesn't affect me, however, I am a mother and I know if a warning was put out here I would want to know about it. Sure everything will be fine I think they will just be being extra cautious because of recent events x

No, seriously, thank you very much.
I didn't know about it before seeing it here.
I spoke to my daughter a few minutes ago. She received an email regarding their threat at 2 pm today. She has one class to attend on campus today, otherwise she will be staying at her apartment all day.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What did the email say? did it say what the threat is?.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sorry, just thought I would post it just to let people know to be extra vigilent in that area.

Though you forgot to tell people to keep shopping.

------------------

"..the FBI Philadelphia Field Office notified local colleges and universities of a social media posting which threatened violence"

There is no such thing as an anonymous electronic communication. Any signal can be traced back to its source. So this is just so much scaremongering--'catapulting the propaganda,' like the man said.
edit on 4-10-2015 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: butcherguy

What did the email say? did it say what the threat is?.

Just like the news release. Nothing specific.
She will be finished in December, thank goodness. She is taking the last few classes that she needs to graduate.
I will be glad when she is out of there. Her stories about everyday life there is scary enough without threats of terrorism.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Nothing ever happens when it is expected, so no worries.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Source is probably this, same place where the Oregon shooter supposedly posted a warning the day before.

Hopefully it's not real, and whoever posted it will have a bunch of angry swat guys kicking down his/her door in the middle of the night to ask some questions.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: maskim
Source is probably this, same place where the Oregon shooter supposedly posted a warning the day before.

Hopefully it's not real, and whoever posted it will have a bunch of angry swat guys kicking down his/her door in the middle of the night to ask some questions.

Wow...just read that..

thanks for posting it..

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

Nothing ever happens when it is expected, so no worries.

Except, of course, when you expect nothing to happen, because it is expected.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: maskim

I thought that was posted by a guy called egghead one of the first people who everyone thought did the latest massacre?.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
CMU meme, don't ask how I know, if I told you I would have to kill you.

<<   2  3 >>

join