It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantico: Bringing SJW propaganda to the masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I recently saw an ad for Quantico, the new ABC show, while watching some new episodes on Hulu. It looked somewhat interesting as a Drama about FBI recruits. Didn't really know what to expect but figured it was worth giving it a chance. Boy, was I in for a surprise when I saw what this show was really about. Of course, the advertisments don't show you what you're really watching. It's not a drama, it's not a thriller, it's not an action packed cop show. It's nothing more than propaganda, and people are falling for it.

First thing I did, of course, was google it. There HAD to be others out there who caught on to this. Almost nothing but a topic on a small forum and some people praising it as a victory for diversity, and stating that Quantico is what Feminist TV looks like.

Since then, thankfully, other people have had a chance to see this show for what it is and have posted commentary on it.

I was tempted to put together a showcase of clips from the show highlighting all the occurances of blatant propaganda, but then I found a video where someone already did it.

I did not make this topic with the intention of stating my beliefs on the issues presented such as discrimination against Muslims, gays, or women. Nor do I wish to state my views about the blatant anti-male propaganda in this show (or how they used the white Mormon man to signify the death of white male dominance). I only wish to make apparent how blatantly obvious the propaganda is and state that I hope the people are smart enough to form their own opinions and not be easily swayed by these types of social experiments.

The power of propaganda shouldn't be underestimated

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

So, tell us...what was your first clue ?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I could tell from the trailer that this show was going to be a steaming pile of cow cookies. When several excellent shows were cancelled last season including my favorite, the cerebral and well written Forever, I wondered what could possibly be replacing them. Now we know that they needed to make room for their crappy social engineering infomercials like Quantico.

Hopefully this PC junk will get the crappy ratings it deserves.
edit on 2015/10/4 by Metallicus because: fixed autocorrect

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With only one episode so far it seems like a great show.

Woman FBI agent lead so it must be SJW, PC propaganda? SMFH! You all have memes swimming around your heads replacing all rational thought.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeah

ok, so few things
I am all for diversity when it fits within the story. thats not a issue for me
this video told me very little..I can only assume it isn't the actual trailer but rather some hyper-gender/racial politics type explaining about how super diverse the show is and awesome diversity of diverseness, oh, and as a sidenote, there is something about a story.
not helpful in getting my attention.
moving on

This actually now made me commit to watching the show.
I stopped this video at the 1:50 mark because thats seemingly when the spoilers started (so it said).
What I noticed though is this person spent the first 2 minutes here basically calling the show super stupid, and anyone who enjoyed it was brainwashed and stupid, several more insults to anyone who would dare think differently before starting his breakdown
so, he made sure to program the audience to see exactly as he was about to explain..that to me sends red flags up. he should have just started with a quick 10 second "problems with this show pushing message over quality" and then list specifically examples verses pre-insult audience that considers differently.

blatantly obvious the propaganda is and state that I hope the people are smart enough to form their own opinions and not be easily swayed by these types of social experiments.

The power of propaganda shouldn't be underestimated

Yes, and of course I am already assuming there must be some given your rather loud stance here, however propaganda is running both ways as I pointed out earlier with that vid.
I think its good to evaluate all things. a nudge and nod to a growing diverse market in the US isn't some mega propaganda thing, it could simply be just for ratings across the board. keep in mind, the white male is not like 90% of the market, so its important to have diverse representation..and honestly, its more interesting.

Consider one of the best (in my opinion) shows in sci-fi that came out, the Battlestar Galactica reboot.
compare it to its original, the original was pretty much all white folks (except Boomer), and very few women head roles.
the reboot was pre-dismissed as just PC propaganda..people even lost their minds at the simple idea of a female starbuck vs the fratboy starbuck from the previous show.

Well, the reboot had a latin captain who in my opinion defines awesomeness in a sci-fi space captain, the woman starbuck was far more complex and interesting than the original, etc..nobody was left out, all sides represented, and it came together into a beautiful merger.

So, dont see a push at diversity as losing anything..it isn't. it may turn things into something awesome...if
if
IF the story is good and the characters are well developed.

If people go for gender/color first, then as a sidenote consider making a decent story..then its a flop.

Now, will watch the vid down the line once I flush all the pre-programming of trying to see issues verses just watch it based on story curiousity
edit on 4-10-2015 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Woman FBI agent lead so it must be SJW, PC propaganda? SMFH! You all have memes swimming around your heads replacing all rational thought.

Rational thought is overrated. did rational thought come up with the stuffed crust pizza? I think not!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Of course the rational mind came up with stuffed crust pizza!

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I guess we have very different definitions of what makes a good show.

If they spent less time trying to push multiple biased viewpoints of society in one episode, they could have formed a very interesting narrative. Unfortunately, the poor writing and acting only made it worse.

I can watch a bad show if it has some potential. This one clearly does not.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

So, dont see a push at diversity as losing anything..it isn't. it may turn things into something awesome...if
if
IF the story is good and the characters are well developed.

IF

They could have made a quality show while also covering all of these topics that they think they need to program into peoples' minds.

If you watch the show with an open mind, you'll see that they neglected to create a promising narrative and focused solely on how often they could squeeze in their SJW propaganda.

There are plenty of shows that touch on these subjects while also creating a captivating story line. This is not one of them and, as you'll see, it's nothing more than propaganda.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OhOkYeah

Some might call that background story.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Almost nothing but a topic on a small forum and some people praising it as a victory for diversity, and stating that Quantico is what Feminist TV looks like.

My what ever gave that away ?

The unisex uniforms they train in ?

The burka's ?

Or the lead female star ?

Or the Gay FBI agents ?

edit on 11-10-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join