It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservative Voter Suppression Plot Thickens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: seeker1963

Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one.
www.al.com...

It stinks to high hell.

Just goes to show believing in a religion is no different than believing in a political party! Sometimes the TRUTH SUCKS! The RACE CARD has been so over used it will be quite difficult for those dumb enough to use it anymore! That in itself is a damn shame, because when REAL racism occurs no one will believe it! Who do we have to blame for that? The GOP?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Problem is the brain dead HuffPo smokers will believe this crap.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't doubt you at all. And I appreciate those who showed the the other side of this issue. I'm going to wait and see where this goes, though. Because I honestly think this is part of the larger plan to deny voting rights to Democratic voters.

My first post was emotionally charged. Sometimes, I just can't believe how government officials treat the people they work for!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Alabama is a state that can't help but have a high proportion of black in most of its counties. No matter which ones the state closed, this person would have fodder to try to make it a racial story. Just look up the demographics of the area.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Says you. I agree with the point made about photo ID as the alternative.

Considering the Democrat agenda of allowing illegals to vote despite the illegality of that act, it comes across as throwing stones in from a glass house......

Where are Dems making Illegals vote.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I don't doubt you at all. And I appreciate those who showed the the other side of this issue. I'm going to wait and see where this goes, though. Because I honestly think this is part of the larger plan to deny voting rights to Democratic voters.

I personally do not think this leads to any type of voter suppression. Now, if they closed the county registrars offices in the same pattern I would certainly find that highly questionable.

My first post was emotionally charged. Sometimes, I just can't believe how government officials treat the people they work for!

No worries, we are always good.

On a personal level it kind of makes me chuckle that people are upset that the DMV is closing. The goddamn DMV. If there was ever a real hell it would be a never ending DMV line.

Wait, that last description is redundant.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Since when are making and allowing synonyms?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Politicians are no different than Evangelical Preachers who tell us, "God told me that you need to donate more money, so that our church can grow and spread the word of God"! Why do we find it so easy to hate those charlatans, but grant our government *cough* leaders a pass?

No difference in religion and politics!

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a

I guess the same day it became acceptable to link non-stories and try to get everyone fired up over nothing.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Please stop this Non-sense. This is a DMV issue, not a voter ID issue.

All 67 counties in Alabama have a Board of Registrars that issue photo voter I.D. cards.

www.voteriders.org...

“The closure of 31 DMV offices will not leave citizens without a place to receive the required I.D. card to vote,” said Alabama’s Secretary of State John Merrill said in a statement Thursday. He pointed to the free state-issued voter ID cards that residents can apply for if they do no have any of the other approved photo IDs.

“All 67 counties in Alabama have a Board of Registrars that issue photo voter I.D. cards. If for some reason those citizens are not able to make it to the Board of Registrars, we'll bring our mobile I.D. van and crew to that county,"

yellowhammernews.com...

Drivers Licenses are just one of the many forms of identification accepted at Alabama’s polling places. The following, unexpired, unrevoked forms are acceptable as well: Nondriver ID, Alabama Photo Voter ID card, State Issued ID, Federal Issued ID, US Passport, Employee ID from the Federal Government, State of Alabama, County, Municipality, Board or other entity of Alabama, Student or employee ID from a public of private college or university in the State of Alabama, Military ID, or a Tribal ID.

Thanks for the new info, will see if it pans out , without out apologies I am sensitive about voter suppression and it is a real thing given our recent history with the supposed high incidence of voter fraud a complete non issue.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Can you explain what you mean here? What synonyms?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think this story is a Democrat plot to smear Republicans.

If Democrats need to drive and vote, they can get an I.D. just like everybody else.

Why is it always "Democrats" who seem to be the "victims" with every issue?

edit on Oct-03-2015 by xuenchen because: slurpy.derpy

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think this story is a Democrat plot to smear Republicans.

If Democrats need to drive and vote, they can get an I.D. just like everybody else.

Why is it always "Democrats" who seem to be the "victims" with every issue?

In places like NYC most or a great number of folks are strap hangers folks who do drive are from the tri-state area who work in NYC or from Long Island, other means of Id says you?? a lot don't carry a passport either..it all depend on where you live and how you live.

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

knee-hits-jaw

what does NYC have to do with Alabama?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

knee-hits-jaw

what does NYC have to do with Alabama?

Your statement was a broad one about Dems driving and I.D and I forgot to add the Reps don't need anyone to smear them they do a great job smearing themselves.
edit on 3-10-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay, so this may not be a plot to limit access to voter ID, however, it does limit access to driver's licenses.

Strategies to lock-in voting outcomes are certainly common enough (gerrymandering) but I will put my ranting in check until the impact of this can be seen in regards to voting opportunities. So yes, I will see how it plays out.

It's easy to go knee-jerk on these things sometimes!

- AB

link   

Excellent Rebuttal !!

link   
This is a none story. They closed drivers license facilities, but the people in those counties still have drivers licenses and can still get new ones when need be. And they have 14 months to do so before the election. If this is not already a moot point they can easily make it one if they want to.

This is not a republican tactic. This is a political tactic used by both parties.

It is no secret that whenever a district in Illinois loses its democrat majority they simply redistrict until the majority is restored. This has been happening for decades and I never hear democrats complain about how illegal it is. And it is actually much worse than what is happening in Alabama. In Alabama the voters can still get a drivers license and still vote. In redistricted Illinois your vote is made pointless. THAT is the REAL voter fraud.

Those who should be most concerned are four new members -- Reps.-elect Joe Walsh, Bob Dold, Bobby Schilling and Adam Kinzinger -- and a member who just won his second term, Rep. Aaron Schock.
Walsh and Dold just won districts in the northern Chicago suburbs/exurbs near the Wisconsin border. And there's plenty of Democratic territory that can be added to both of their districts by drawing in parts of the Rep. Jan Schakowsky's (D) 9th district and some of the more Democratic areas of Rep.-elect Randy Hultgren's (R) 14th district.
Besides the maneuvering in the Chicago area, the main change will be the likely loss of a district somewhere in the state. This isn't a done deal yet (we'll find out Tuesday when reapportionment data is released by the Census Bureau -- an early Christmas present for political junkies!), but chances are reasonably good the state will drop from 19 districts to 18.
The axed district is expected to come out of the middle of the state, and that would hurt Schock the most, since his Peoria-based 18th district is the most centrally located.
Democrats could pretty easily run Schock out of a district by absorbing his district into the 17th to the west (soon to be held by Schilling), the 11th to the north (held by Kinzinger) and the 19th to the south (held by GOP Rep. John Shimkus).
Democrats could eliminate Schock's district and create a more friendly 17th by adding Democratic-leaning Peoria to the 17th and putting more GOP parts of the 17th and 18th into the 19th to the south, the 11th to the north and Rep. Tim Johnson's (R-Ill.) 15th district to the east. By doing that, two GOP districts suddenly morph into one Democratic-leaning district, while shoring up nearby Republicans.[b/]

link

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Politics is a show, a charade, and it's the perception that matters; not reality. Politics, like war....truth is the first casualty.

Big money is involved and dirty tricks are the modus operandi. 2016 should be a lot of fun. Even though Jeb has been selected, but the run up to the actual election/selection should be very entertaining.
edit on 3-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

How many states are allowing Driver's licenses, etc. as proof of voter registration qualification?

The number escapes. Google it.....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join