It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Jesse Stops a Government Shutdown!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
The judicial branch don't get involved in budget stalemates, so in this problem they can be left out of consideration.
Your first point is the real obstacle.

edit on 6-10-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The full government won't be shut down, but a lot of their services will be shut down and won't be available to everyone, but it's the principle of the matter that counts. It's the principle that the government always needs to be running and you don't shut the government down over one issue. The government is bigger than one issue, and therefore it must be sustained for the good of all and society and not be shut down because one political issue gets in the way.

originally posted by: Blueracer
It's not really going to be shut down. We'll still pay taxes and the government will still spend far too much money.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
That or introduce something that if they shut the government down, that they pay a penalty for doing so. It should not be easy shutting the government down. And those that do it should be held accountable. Anybody that votes to shut the government down should be fired in the next election.

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Aazadan
The judicial branch don't get involved in budget stalemates, so in this problem they can be left out of consideration.
Your first point is the real obstacle.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura
But nobody explicitly "votes for a shutdown", do they?
What they do is vote against budgets.
In other words, what you are really talking about is removing budget-voting power from Congress.
That would have the same effect as my original suggestion (letting the majority party run the government), but from the other angle.
Either way would end the stalemate-creating division between the element spending the money and the element deciding what money will be available.

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I can see your point. But, with the way the government mismanages the taxpayer's money, tramples on it's own citizen's rights, snoops on it's own people (legally or not, it's not right), endless wars, killing of innocent people around the world, and many other things that it does wrong, we would probably be better off if it was shut down.

posted on Aug, 27 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'd stop giving tax cuts to corporations. And stop letting them write off losses against future years taxes. If we allow them to do this, there is no risk to being in business.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I'd take the Bill Clinton and Obama approach and reduce deficits as much as possible. Which may involve a tax increase for everybody (it's not realistic to think only the rich should pay).

I'd also cut off ridiculous Government studies and grants, cut all pork from all bills, and end corporate welfare for the military industrial complex, big pharma, big farming, and big data.
edit on 4-12-2019 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join