It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Police confiscated cell phones from Umpqua students

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
False Flag Alert
Confirmed: Police confiscated cell phones
archive.is...

"Sometime after noon, students’ cell phones were confiscated, then
students were marched out one building at a time, hands up, patted down
and lined up to be evacuated on buses"
i2.cdn.turner.com...

Cell phones were confiscated. Where are the cell phone videos? A youtube search shows no cell phone videos of students huddling in classrooms, or emergency vehicles, or students being searched. Students, traumatized victims, are being treated like criminals, having their cell phones confiscated.
edit on 2-10-2015 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: filosophia

Your link is 404, so not much confirmation there.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Way to early to jump to any kind of conspiracy like a False flag. Lets learn the entire story first.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
On the news they stated that are trying to erase his name and are refusing to call him anything but the shooter. I think removing the the cell footage Removes what ever glory he hoped to attane. I've seen a few shootings caught on tape and they are very disturbing at least to me, some what etched into my mind the audio is the worst.

i wish I didn't even hear about this sad story. I was minding my own business watching Price is Right and it interrupted the wheel to shove this massacre in my face.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesn't today's society remind anyone of Orwell's novel 1984? The constant wars and fears and hatred. Switching who the USA is in conflict with. Erasing the existence of those that go against the society such as this shooter. I'm going to be doing a presentation in my Comp. 2 class possibly about this, because to me it seems to be a reality.

EDIT:
Have any of you watched the film Rampage? It's not particularly good in terms of acting or filming, but the topic is..well relevant to say the least.
edit on 2-10-2015 by Tiamat384 because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Doesn't quite matter what they're trying to accomplish. I understand the motive behind denying the shooter publicity. But if the premise of this thread is accurate, their method of doing so is beyond unacceptable. Personal property is just that, personal. Police have no business confiscating anything of theirs.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
They confiscated college students cell phones and no one is screaming about it? I scream when my high school age child has to give up his cell for certain extracurricular activities. No students or parents are talking about this?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777 Lets learn the entire story first.

good luck with that.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Way to early to jump to any kind of conspiracy like a False flag. Lets learn the entire story first.

The entire story is being manipulated, to fit an agenda. The commoners aren't going to be privy to the truth. Just stfu and learn the truth on Snopes.

This doesn't look like a false flag but confiscating cell phones looks very strange and the reason seemed bogus. "Not giving the shooter any exposure" BS, that cat's out of the bag long ago....

This is a blatant attempt at information control of events and the narrative.

Who wants to bet that those phones will be permanently held as evidence or scrubbed and reformatted.
edit on 2-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Land of the free.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Maybe in case there were more than one shooter, seen from police view, who might be in contact trough phone...
edit on 2-10-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
here is the archive of the websites, I might have linked them wrong, if so, I apologize.

archive.is...
tinypic.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Cellphones can be set to upload photographs and videos automatically either to Youtube or some other video website. Then there are Google backup servers which automatically backup contents of cellphones. There are also automatic motion and location tracking apps which keep track of movement down to the nearest meter.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Same, you take someone cellphone you hear about it really fast. There is also lots of tracking and cloud data that could be pulled off the phones from another system that the owners of the phones could use, that is if they set them up. But you take every ones phone you're bound to have at least one.

This seems to be something new as well. I've gone back and looked at the other shooting and didn't see this kind of treatment be for. Not sure what they plan to solve since they already reported the shoot is dead. I could see if they where looking for an id on the shooter. Guess maybe looking if someone wasn't helping as well. (grasping at straws for a positive)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

Which leads me to believe they either got them back or this is bogus.

Because I agree people would head over heels about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

personal. Police have no business confiscating anything of theirs.

Do the police know that?

We are moving quickly to a point of no return as freedom and civil rights are concerned.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The entire story is being manipulated, to fit an agenda.

So what agenda would that be, and how is it being manipulated?

This is a blatant attempt at information control of events and the narrative.

Just because the shooter was killed that doesn't mean the investigation of this tragedy ends, and cell phones show what the investigators can use to corroborate what the eyewitnesses say they saw.

Who wants to bet that those phones will be permanently held as evidence or scrubbed and reformatted.

Why?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Also seems they had to turn in their keys so vehicles could be searched and cleared. Can anyone verify that?

If true, it seems like unreasonable search or seizure to me. So anyone adjacent to a crime is a suspect, even the victims?

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
dble
edit on 2-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join